Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: Paganicon 2016  (Read 4019 times)

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Paganicon 2016
« on: March 06, 2016, 07:09:01 pm »
I keep forgetting to make this post, but really, I should do that.

Paganicon is a Twin Cities Minnesota hotel-based convention, happening this year on March 18-20. I'll let you click through for the awesome stuff: the program is up, there are interesting guests of honour, and also just a bunch of other great presentations.

It's not a huge convention - my guess is about 500 people total this year - which means there are lots of opportunities for casual conversations and hanging out and chatting, but there's also a lot of other things to do.

If you're planning to go and would like to meet up/chat/etc. please feel free to leave a note for anyone else going in this thread.

There are day tickets, if you're in the Twin Cities and not sure about it. I'd also be glad to give pointers to presenters I particularly like if that's a helpful thing.

(I helped co-found Paganicon and continued as hotel chair even after I moved until 2015, when I was job hunting. I'm excited to be back and presenting again this year. It's also my chance to catch up with friends in the Twin Cities, now I don't live there anymore so there's a certain amount of 'try to fit in everything' for me, but I am so very pleased with how it's growing as an event.)
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
Re: Paganicon 2016
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 07:35:59 pm »
Quote from: Jenett;187676

Paganicon is a Twin Cities Minnesota hotel-based convention, happening this year on March 18-20. I'll let you click through for the awesome stuff: the program is up, there are interesting guests of honour, and also just a bunch of other great presentations.

It's not a huge convention - my guess is about 500 people total this year - which means there are lots of opportunities for casual conversations and hanging out and chatting, but there's also a lot of other things to do.

If you're planning to go and would like to meet up/chat/etc. please feel free to leave a note for anyone else going in this thread.

There are day tickets, if you're in the Twin Cities and not sure about it. I'd also be glad to give pointers to presenters I particularly like if that's a helpful thing.

(I helped co-found Paganicon and continued as hotel chair even after I moved until 2015, when I was job hunting. I'm excited to be back and presenting again this year. It's also my chance to catch up with friends in the Twin Cities, now I don't live there anymore so there's a certain amount of 'try to fit in everything' for me, but I am so very pleased with how it's growing as an event.)

Oh man. I'm not much of a convention person, but hearing you present is a big temptation, Jenett! If I didn't live in Canada I'd probably try to make it. I hope everything goes awesomely for you and anybody who attends.

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 08:05:31 pm »
Quote from: Mama Fortuna;187686
Oh man. I'm not much of a convention person, but hearing you present is a big temptation, Jenett! If I didn't live in Canada I'd probably try to make it. I hope everything goes awesomely for you and anybody who attends.

I expect to have notes and resources up on my blog either slightly before or shortly after the presentation. (I, um, have to finish figuring out what I'm fitting into the allotted time first.)

I'm talking about using some accessibility practices - universal design theory, for example - in creating sustainable ritual practices that are useful in a wide variety of situations in your life.

Paganicon's actually had a decent contingent of Canadians the last couple of years - there's been a good handful coming down from Winnipeg, since it's actually an easier drive than getting to Pagan events going east or west in Canada sometimes.
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

HarpingHawke

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: shapeshifting, witchery, polytheism. under endless construction.
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2016, 08:27:06 pm »

If it were during my spring break, I could actually attend because college visits and such. If only...

There's always next year. :)
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Hemingway

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 08:39:06 pm »
Quote from: Jenett;187700
I expect to have notes and resources up on my blog either slightly before or shortly after the presentation. (I, um, have to finish figuring out what I'm fitting into the allotted time first.)

I'm talking about using some accessibility practices - universal design theory, for example - in creating sustainable ritual practices that are useful in a wide variety of situations in your life.

Paganicon's actually had a decent contingent of Canadians the last couple of years - there's been a good handful coming down from Winnipeg, since it's actually an easier drive than getting to Pagan events going east or west in Canada sometimes.

That sounds so awesome. I bet you're gonna nail it.

Hahah, yeah and because ewwww, Winterpeg.

Neteruhemta RaShuGeb

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/kristen.nash1
  • Religion: Kemeticism
  • Preferred Pronouns: She, Her
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 02:34:56 pm »

I will be there, and ready with my thinky-cap.

I'm one of the lucky ones, I'm only about 15 miles away and can make it there no problem. If I'm not there, I would ask for a search party.

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
Paganicon 2016
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2016, 09:04:27 pm »
Quote from: Jenett;187700

And my notes are up online: http://gleewood.org/threshold/liveable/

(People seemed to like it, and even people who've known me for ages, I apparently said things they hadn't heard before, which is a nice trick when it works!)

Allaya

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Idio-syncretic
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2016, 04:16:56 pm »
Quote from: Jenett;188438
And my notes are up online: http://gleewood.org/threshold/liveable/

(People seemed to like it, and even people who've known me for ages, I apparently said things they hadn't heard before, which is a nice trick when it works!)

I just skimmed your notes and holy smokes is that 24 karat gold stuff. Seriously.
Service is the rent we pay for the privilege of living on this earth.  — Shirley Chisholm
No doubt the truth can be unpleasant, but I am not sure that unpleasantness is the same as the truth.  — Roger Ebert
It is difficult to get a person to understand something when their livelihood depends upon them not understanding it. — Upton Sinclair (adapted)
People cannot be reasoned out of an opinion that they have not reasoned themselves into. — Fisher Ames (adapted)

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2016, 05:12:30 pm »
Quote from: Allaya;188490
I just skimmed your notes and holy smokes is that 24 karat gold stuff. Seriously.

Thank you! It's a bunch of stuff where I know a lot of people who know pieces of it, but not all together, y'know?

Allaya

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Idio-syncretic
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2016, 06:43:40 pm »
Quote from: Jenett;188496
Thank you! It's a bunch of stuff where I know a lot of people who know pieces of it, but not all together, y'know?

Yeah. I'm really excited and looking forward to chewing on it when I have more reading spoons available. Like...all kinds of wiggle-happy.
Service is the rent we pay for the privilege of living on this earth.  — Shirley Chisholm
No doubt the truth can be unpleasant, but I am not sure that unpleasantness is the same as the truth.  — Roger Ebert
It is difficult to get a person to understand something when their livelihood depends upon them not understanding it. — Upton Sinclair (adapted)
People cannot be reasoned out of an opinion that they have not reasoned themselves into. — Fisher Ames (adapted)

Tags: