Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Humor/Quiz: Neopagan quiz  (Read 6946 times)

IceAngie

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she, her, hers
Neopagan quiz
« on: February 28, 2016, 09:09:15 am »
I went to Beliefnet to take the belief-o-matic quiz (again, to see if something changed since last time), and of course I got 100% Neopagan as a result. Then I went to SelectSmart to take the "Which Neopagan path should you follow?" quiz. I predicted I was going to get "Eclectic pagan" as a result, and as I pushed the "View your results" button, I said out loud: "surprise me!".

I got surprised. I got 100% Religious Taoism as a result. So I'm going to research that in a while, but first, I'll leave the quiz around here in case someone else wants to have some fun with it.

Which Neo-Pagan Path should you follow?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 11:03:31 am by RandallS »
Angeles/IceAngie/Selegna.

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
Re: Neopagan quiz
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 02:16:49 pm »
Quote from: IceAngie;187299
I went to Beliefnet to take the belief-o-matic quiz (again, to see if something changed since last time), and of course I got 100% Neopagan as a result. Then I went to SelectSmart to take the "Which Neopagan path should you follow?" quiz. I predicted I was going to get "Eclectic pagan" as a result, and as I pushed the "View your results" button, I said out loud: "surprise me!".

I got surprised. I got 100% Religious Taoism as a result. So I'm going to research that in a while, but first, I'll leave the quiz around here in case someone else wants to have some fun with it.

Welp. I got Dianic Wicca as my number one, which surprised me. I suspect that result may be because of the feminism question combined with liberal political leanings and my innate distrust of patriarchal religions. Traditional Witchcraft was an extremely close second, with Egyptian Pagan rounding out number three. Traditional Witchcraft is something I've been having "a-ha!" moments about for a while now, so that was kinda cool. Egyptian made me smile because in my 20s I very nearly did go down that path.

IceAngie

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she, her, hers
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 02:26:52 pm »
Quote from: Mama Fortuna;187306
Welp. I got Dianic Wicca as my number one, which surprised me. I suspect that result may be because of the feminism question combined with liberal political leanings and my innate distrust of patriarchal religions. Traditional Witchcraft was an extremely close second, with Egyptian Pagan rounding out number three. Traditional Witchcraft is something I've been having "a-ha!" moments about for a while now, so that was kinda cool. Egyptian made me smile because in my 20s I very nearly did go down that path.

I forgot to add, I got Christo-Pagan as a number 2. WTF! :confused:
Angeles/IceAngie/Selegna.

MeadowRae

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pantheist Pagan Witch with Celtic Leanings
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/He/She
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 02:56:31 pm »

I got Alexandrian Wicca and Gardnerian Wicca as my top two, so I guess I'm on the right track. I answered no to the feminism question, which probably kept Dianic Wicca from being in my results.
The genderqueer witch your mother warned you about

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/he
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2016, 03:21:31 pm »
I think it's broken, because for obvious reasons I said I did not want a faith that was only for women, and I even rated that as a high priority, and it gave me Dianic Wiccan as my #1.
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2016, 03:24:47 pm »
Quote from: Jack;187313
I think it's broken, because for obvious reasons I said I did not want a faith that was only for women, and I even rated that as a high priority, and it gave me Dianic Wiccan as my #1.

Yeah, I did that too! I was like, "yay feminism!" but had "men allowed" as a high priority. Seems weird, right? I guess it's not smart enough to cross stuff off based on certain questions.

Yei

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Mexica Reconstructionism
  • Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2016, 06:53:22 pm »

I took the quiz. When I came to predict my own result I found that my branch of Polytheism was not included on the list.

Instead I had Roman Paganism as my no. 1. Followed in the top 10 by Celtic Paganism, Egyptian Paganism, Norse Paganism, Hellenistic Paganism, Middle Eastern Paganism, and Hinduism (not in order), more or less. At least it got the reconstructionist bent correct.

If there was a question along the lines of:

How much do you like human sacrifice?

with a response of :

A LOT!!!

I would have nailed it.

MadZealot

• Adept Member
  • Eye yam tu papi.
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Founder of the Church of No Pants.
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2016, 07:21:42 pm »

My top 5:

Christo-Pagan (100%)
Druidism (89%)
Eclectic Pagan (89%)
Judeo-Pagan (87%)
Chinese Folk Religion (83%)

Not surprising, really.  OK, the Chinese Folk bit is a bit surprising, since I don't know much about it.
You have my sword
And my shield
And my... um... slacks.

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch mom
    • View Profile
    • Priestess of the 3
  • Religion: Priestess of the 3
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2016, 09:50:58 pm »

Religious Taoism 100%
Eclectic Pagan 91%
Numinism 89%
Dianic Wicca 79%
Egyptian Pagan 77%

Yeah I think this quiz is broken. The only question I marked as full High Priority was the one about women-only vs. men allowed (no women-only religion for me, thanks, seeing as it wouldn't even include me), which really should have just moved Dianic Wicca to the bottom of the pile. Instead it's in my top 5 results? What?

The closest they got was Eclectic Pagan. It doesn't really do my path(s) justice but it's probably the best soundbite available.
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Priestess of the 3
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

Demophon

• Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2016, 11:05:54 pm »

Here are my top 5:                

Hinduism (100%)          
         Numinism (96%)          
         Greek Pagan (77%)          
         Eclectic Pagan (71%)          
         Druidism (69%)

It's not far off, though I've never heard of Numinism.

Castus

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Happy Science
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2016, 11:40:57 pm »
Quote from: Demophon;187465
Here are my top 5:                

Hinduism (100%)          
         Numinism (96%)          
         Greek Pagan (77%)          
         Eclectic Pagan (71%)          
         Druidism (69%)

It's not far off, though I've never heard of Numinism.

Numinism is bullshit. ^_^
“Castus, meanwhile, goes straight for the bad theology like one of those creepy fish that swims up streams of pee.” — Darkhawk

“Believing in the Lord means you are connected to me no matter when you are poor, sick, or struggling in a relationship. I am always with you. I want you to believe that. The future is uncertain, and much suffering awaits. However, the mission of the believer is to live life doing their best, no matter what the circumstances.” — Ryuho Okawa

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2016, 01:05:31 am »
Quote from: Castus;187466
Numinism is bullshit. ^_^

A Reminder:
Castus,

While I see what you're handwaving at, you need to do more than handwave (yes, even in the Humor & Quizzes forum); as it stands it violates the rule 'DO NOT make blanket condemnations of... religions'.

Sunflower
TC Forum Staff
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

unveiledartist

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2016, 11:48:38 am »

I took the quiz a while back and poste but for some reason it didnt post...well..what I remember.

I had

1. Traditional witchcraft first
2. Religious toaism
3. Eclectic Pagan

Then the rest didnt match since it had god/s in it.

I took it the second time and Finnish Pagan was number one.  Im not polytheistic, so the first one seems more close.

Dynes Hysbys

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Cunning Craft
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2016, 05:06:53 pm »

I got Celtic Pagan as the top result which is not unreasonable - my actual practice was number 13 but as it's based on a Celtic mythology that's OK.

Castus

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Happy Science
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2016, 05:45:19 pm »

I got a variety of recon paths for my top five. I find my Belief-O-Matic results to be much more accurate; if not perfect. Here are my top results from 100-50 percent;

Orthodox Judaism -- 100%
Reform Judaism -- 90%
Sikhism -- 89%
Bahá'í -- 88%
Islam -- 85%
Roman Catholicism -- 68%
Conservative Protestantism -- 67%
Mormonism -- 64%
Eastern Orthodox -- 60%
Jainism -- 57%
Orthodox Quakerism -- 56%
Unitarian Universalism -- 55%
Hinduism -- 52%
Liberal Quaker -- 51%
Neo-Pagan -- 50%

I've flirted with most of these and still occasionally daydream about a choice few, so I think it's pretty on the nose.
“Castus, meanwhile, goes straight for the bad theology like one of those creepy fish that swims up streams of pee.” — Darkhawk

“Believing in the Lord means you are connected to me no matter when you are poor, sick, or struggling in a relationship. I am always with you. I want you to believe that. The future is uncertain, and much suffering awaits. However, the mission of the believer is to live life doing their best, no matter what the circumstances.” — Ryuho Okawa

Tags: