Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[April 15, 2024, 03:15:33 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Author Topic: Talking to gods?  (Read 6132 times)

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/he
Re: Talking to gods?
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2016, 02:03:43 pm »
Quote from: Lilirin;190146
From an objective POV all possession is hypnosis, as there is no proof of any spirit or any of that matter existing. Why should the supernatural forsake the secular?
Because this is a religious board where we talk about religion, so it's not unreasonable to argue that gods and spirits exist without needing to prove it to Penn and Teller.
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

Eleusis

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2016, 01:59:23 pm »
Quote from: Faemon;189613
That's par for the course. I got pirates but I'm really more of a ninja person. :p.

Quite right too.

CottageWitch

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2016, 09:06:14 am »
Quote from: Eleusis;187060
So, I've heard people say stuff that makes it sound like they're having an actual conversation with a deity. How are they doing this?  Is it similar to the way that some Christians say "the Lord told me x", or is it more like an impression or actual words- basically what kind of phenomenon/experience is happening here?

Also, what's up with people saying they saw gods whilst meditating? I meditate, but I do the "focus on your breathing" type meditation, so I figure people who see gods must be doing a different kind of meditation?

How do I/we personally "talk" to the Lord or the Lady??

Some people are way more psychic then I, but I cant pick up more then a few sentences at a time. At least I have never preferred the "voice method" and when they do, its must be important, lol. So its personal preference here, and of course my Mother and Father know me, so they know it "must be important" for me to want to hear it.

Most of the time though my preferred method is "intuition" which it is hard to teach "just knowing things" rather you get better at it as you grow older on a spiritual path. My other favorites are in the dream world, I know when its a dream that's supposed to tell me something. Tarot, tea leaves, and divination are super easy methods (for myself) b/c I let "the living force" work through me so I get what I am supposed to understand.

Those are all hard things to teach and automatically "get it" but with time and patience you get better.

Tags: