Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: Finding roots for spells  (Read 2330 times)

Littlewolf

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Finding roots for spells
« on: February 13, 2016, 12:35:54 pm »
Hello,

The Mandrake root has many uses, possibly the most famous of which is finding two roots that look like humans and tying them together with string, simple enough. However, for the life of me i cannot find anywhere that offers mandrake root in the shape of a human. If anyone knows a place to get them I'd love to know about it.

Now given their rarity and apparent inaccessibility, could i improvise with a mandrake root that looks more like a carrot, or could i use a different root entirely? I guess they are most commonly used in love spells, in which case i could see the importance of them looking like humans. So in that situation could i get away with using either a different root that does look like a human, or using mandrake that doesn't?

I was thinking ginger might be a good substitute, it's way easier to find a human shaped ginger root. Which brings up another question, has anyone had long-term-spell experience with ginger roots or something similar? I'm wondering if i need dry the roots out so they don't rot and make a mess over time, or will they simply dry out neatly on their own?

Thanks

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
Re: Finding roots for spells
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 12:59:21 pm »
Quote from: Littlewolf;186577
Hello,

The Mandrake root has many uses, possibly the most famous of which is finding two roots that look like humans and tying them together with string, simple enough. However, for the life of me i cannot find anywhere that offers mandrake root in the shape of a human. If anyone knows a place to get them I'd love to know about it.

Now given their rarity and apparent inaccessibility, could i improvise with a mandrake root that looks more like a carrot, or could i use a different root entirely? I guess they are most commonly used in love spells, in which case i could see the importance of them looking like humans. So in that situation could i get away with using either a different root that does look like a human, or using mandrake that doesn't?

I was thinking ginger might be a good substitute, it's way easier to find a human shaped ginger root. Which brings up another question, has anyone had long-term-spell experience with ginger roots or something similar? I'm wondering if i need dry the roots out so they don't rot and make a mess over time, or will they simply dry out neatly on their own?

Thanks

I've seen whole mandrake roots that look human online, but they were going for over a hundred bucks. My wallet lost interest pretty quickly.

I think your idea of using ginger as a substitute is a good one. Ginger can be used to 'heat up' love spells, after all. I think if you do use it the affair would be pretty steamy indeed.

Littlewolf

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Finding roots for spells
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 01:38:13 pm »
Quote from: Mama Fortuna;186579
I've seen whole mandrake roots that look human online, but they were going for over a hundred bucks. My wallet lost interest pretty quickly.

I think your idea of using ginger as a substitute is a good one. Ginger can be used to 'heat up' love spells, after all. I think if you do use it the affair would be pretty steamy indeed.

I had a feeling they would be expensive, but just so i know, would you mind telling me where online to look?

Hah! My thoughts exactly, nothing like a good ginger root to spice things up. I love to design spells myself, if they are specific for each person and situation i feel like they work better. I'm currently thinking about if the love spell is for two people and one is a fire element and the other earth then either i could make the ginger to represent the fire and mandrake or some other root to represent earth, OR i could do something with the roots to represent the opposite person to try and help them connect to each others energies better.

Thank you for responding, and so quickly too.

Tags: