Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Stones and Crystals?  (Read 2983 times)

addy

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Stones and Crystals?
« on: September 12, 2011, 06:37:01 pm »
hello guys :) How do you use stones and crystals if you use them? Thanks blessed be. (any reason)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 08:27:38 am by RandallS »

opal rivernymph

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: stones an crystals
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 06:36:10 am »
Quote from: addy;19400
hello guys :) How do you use stones and crystals if you use them? Thanks blessed be. (any reason)

there are loads of different uses for crystals.  i am still learning to use mine so i'm no expert.  at the minute, i use my copies of the crystal bible (vol 1 and 2) and crystal presriptions as a starting point

addy

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 06:56:39 am »
Quote from: opal rivernymph;19563
there are loads of different uses for crystals.  i am still learning to use mine so i'm no expert.  at the minute, i use my copies of the crystal bible (vol 1 and 2) and crystal presriptions as a starting point

Thank you :) I should pick that up :D

hufflee

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 02:25:21 pm »

I'm a stone junkie. Crystals, gems, tumbled stones, river rocks, pebbles on the sidewalk. It makes no difference; I'm addicted to them all. They're useful for so many things from magic to paperweights to decoration.

They're one of the mainstays on my altar. I have a charm in my van made from speckled jasper. I have them surrounding my meditation candles. I have pretty tumbled stones in bowls around my house. I wear them as jewelry. (obviously :D:  ) I use stones for grounding.....and the list goes on. (Really, you don't want to get me started.)
When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change - Unknown
"This [the Irish] is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever."
Sigmund Freud (My Irish heart is laughing)

opal rivernymph

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 02:48:52 pm »
Quote from: hufflee;19629
Really, you don't want to get me started.

YES!!!  we do!!!  lol.  how better to learn than from someone who is passionate about it!!!!

Aster Breo

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 04:14:33 pm »
Quote from: addy;19566
Thank you :) I should pick that up :D

That kinda depends on what you want to learn about stones.  ;)

I'm a rockhound from way back -- childhood rock collections and all -- and a huge fan of crystals and gemstones of all kinds.   My undergrad degree was in geology/earth science, so I tend to think about physical properties before I get to METAphysical properties.  :p

One of the most important things to understand about using any kind of rocks in a metaphysical way is that the same kind of rock can affect different people in different ways.  Even different specimens of the same kind of rock can affect the same person differently.  So it's HIGHLY individual and subjective.  

I have several books on the metaphysical properties of rocks and I'm familiar with many similar websites, and one of the most striking things is how much disagreement there is between authors.  There are some very basic points of agreement (amethyst is good for healing, citrine is good for drawing wealth), but far more points that vary widely from book to book.  

I'm not saying the books can't be useful.  But you really have to experiment to find out what does and doesn't work for you.  If you can find a book whose author has similar reactions to yours, it can be helpful.  

What are you interested in learning about w/r/t rocks?
"The status is not quo."  ~ Dr. Horrible

AthenaiiseSofia

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://finnblack.blogspot.com/
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2011, 12:20:23 pm »

I use them in nearly all my spells and rituals. I've collected a little box over the years (everything from crystals to rocks in the dirt). I just charge them for whatever purpose they're serving, and then circle them around candles or put them in satchets. I love my stones. =)
"Go then and make of the world something beautiful, set up a light in the darkness." - from Awakening Osiris by Normandi Ellis

Livia Indica

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2011, 02:04:34 am »

Another rockhound here. I've always loved rocks of any kind, since I was a little girl scout picking out "friendship rocks" by the creek bed (rocks with holes all the way through that many pagans called goddess rocks). I love rocks with fossil imprints, shiny rocks, dull rocks, crystals, minerals, gemstones. I'm not an expert, I have to consult a book sometimes to be sure what I've got but I use some type of stones or crystal in every magical working I undertake. I keep a basket of assorted rocks and crystals on my table, I keep rocks and such on my altar, I have various goddess rocks hung up all around the inside and outside of my home for protection. I just love 'em! Same goes for shells but perhaps that's a topic for another time...

Dark Midnight

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2011, 03:48:36 am »

I'm a Crystal Witch so I use crystals for everything. What is it that you want to know? Everything is a little vague......
"No matter how dark the fur, the bunny is still fluffy." (Melamphoros)
AKA Thundercougarfalconbird..... (Thanks Nyktipolos!)

Tags: