Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 08:57:21 am]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:06:51 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Author Topic: Prayers for my Grandfather, Please.  (Read 1782 times)

Ulfsdottir

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Prayers for my Grandfather, Please.
« on: February 04, 2016, 11:59:29 pm »
I don't really know how to say this without breaking down so I'll just say it as best as I can.

To preface this; I don't have my mom and dad. I have never had my father in my life and my mother abused me horribly until I was adopted by my grandparents, and I've lived with them since (I don't have the financial stability to move right now). They're the only 'parents' I've known

My grandfather has a serious heart problem, he has bad valve blockage in his heart and he has been given the option of surgery or just letting it go. If he gets the surgery, he might live a bit longer, but the surgery itself can be very risky for someone of his age (he's 78) and I'm scared he won't survive it. If he doesn't get it, he might not make it to see 80 because his risk of a heart attack is so high. In the end, it's up to him to decide what should be done, as it should be.

I am just devastated though. I don't have a large part of my family since I never knew my dad, so my grandparents and an aunt and cousin is basically all the family I've ever known. I've never experienced a serious death in the family and I'm having so much trouble coming to grips with the fact that he might not be around much longer. My heart is breaking writing this, I don't know what to do to come to grips with this.

I'm just requesting prayers for his healing and safety if he chooses to get the surgery, or for comfort for the rest of his life if he doesn't want to. I'm scared and I feel lost. I have a lot of depressive issues and I don't know how to prepare myself for something like this. I can't stop crying and worrying myself sick, I just wish I knew that he would be alright.:(

Sorry that I'm rambling but thank you to everyone who's read along and who might offer prayers. I really appreciate it.

With Love,
-Ulfsdottier
Give Praise to the day at evening, To a woman on her pyre, To a weapon which is tried, To a maid at wed lock, To ice when \'tis crossed, To ale that is drunk. - Hávamál 81

Also known by my Kemetic Orthodoxy name Gezemyinepu (Gez)- "Anointed by Anubis"

Divined a daughter of Anpu and Wepwawet; Beloved of Sekhmet and Hethert.

Caffeinated Autumn

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Re: Prayers for my Grandfather, Please.
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 01:36:53 pm »
Quote from: Ulfsdottir;186199
I don't really know how to say this without breaking down so I'll just say it as best as I can.

To preface this; I don't have my mom and dad. I have never had my father in my life and my mother abused me horribly until I was adopted by my grandparents, and I've lived with them since (I don't have the financial stability to move right now). They're the only 'parents' I've known

My grandfather has a serious heart problem, he has bad valve blockage in his heart and he has been given the option of surgery or just letting it go. If he gets the surgery, he might live a bit longer, but the surgery itself can be very risky for someone of his age (he's 78) and I'm scared he won't survive it. If he doesn't get it, he might not make it to see 80 because his risk of a heart attack is so high. In the end, it's up to him to decide what should be done, as it should be.

I am just devastated though. I don't have a large part of my family since I never knew my dad, so my grandparents and an aunt and cousin is basically all the family I've ever known. I've never experienced a serious death in the family and I'm having so much trouble coming to grips with the fact that he might not be around much longer. My heart is breaking writing this, I don't know what to do to come to grips with this.

I'm just requesting prayers for his healing and safety if he chooses to get the surgery, or for comfort for the rest of his life if he doesn't want to. I'm scared and I feel lost. I have a lot of depressive issues and I don't know how to prepare myself for something like this. I can't stop crying and worrying myself sick, I just wish I knew that he would be alright.:(

Sorry that I'm rambling but thank you to everyone who's read along and who might offer prayers. I really appreciate it.

With Love,
-Ulfsdottier

Sending good vibes and prayers to you, your family, and grandfather

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 06:59:03 pm »

:: prayers for your grandfather, you and your entire family ::
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Ulfsdottir

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 01:29:23 am »
Quote from: RandallS;186242
:: prayers for your grandfather, you and your entire family ::

Thank you to the both of you for your prayers, I'm having such a struggle with this. The blame is very great, but I know it isnt my fault :(
Give Praise to the day at evening, To a woman on her pyre, To a weapon which is tried, To a maid at wed lock, To ice when \'tis crossed, To ale that is drunk. - Hávamál 81

Also known by my Kemetic Orthodoxy name Gezemyinepu (Gez)- "Anointed by Anubis"

Divined a daughter of Anpu and Wepwawet; Beloved of Sekhmet and Hethert.

Demophon

• Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2016, 07:41:49 pm »

With Love,
-Ulfsdottier

Blessings to your grandfather. May he heal fully, and may you be comforted.

Cailleach

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 01:35:51 pm »
Quote Originally Posted by Ulfsdottir View Post

I'm just requesting prayers for his healing and safety if he chooses to get the surgery, or for comfort for the rest of his life if he doesn't want to. I'm scared and I feel lost. I have a lot of depressive issues and I don't know how to prepare myself for something like this. I can't stop crying and worrying myself sick, I just wish I knew that he would be alright.

With Love,
 -Ulfsdottier

Sending prayers and good energy to you and your family. I hope you all find peace and healing light.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 01:37:20 pm by Cailleach »

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2016, 10:29:19 pm »
Quote from: Cailleach;186491

A Reminder:
Hi, Cailleach,

Just a quick note:  Please remember to quote, and to leave the quote code intact, even if you're just  replying to the first message in the thread.  It makes the discussion  easier to follow, and it's required by  our  rules. (If you're using tapatalk on a phone, please hold your finger down on the message you wish to reply to until the quote function pops up.)

The quote code is the bits in square brackets at the beginning and the end of the text from the post you're quoting; it provides a clickable trackback to the quoted post - that trackback is the thing we really want, in having quoting requirements. In a case like this, where you've quoted the wrong post, if you don't know how to get the quote code from the post you should be quoting, it's better to just leave it, or to make a new post asking staff to fix it for you.

This isn't a formal warning, just a reminder.  No  reply is necessary, but if you have questions or need clarification,  please feel free to contact a member of staff privately.

Thanks!
Sunflower, TC Forum Staff
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

HermitSong

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2016, 05:14:26 am »
How is your grandfather now?
I pray that you all feel the warmth and love of the goddess and God during this time of hardship and may you all feel protected and cared for.

With Love,
-Ulfsdottier

Moonstone

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2016, 12:32:09 pm »

With Love,
-Ulfsdottier

He will be in my prayers I really hope this works out for both of you.
xx

Tags: