collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Prayers for My Older Brother  (Read 1318 times)

Caffeinated Autumn

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Prayers for My Older Brother
« on: February 04, 2016, 08:51:23 pm »
Please pray/send good vibes for my older brother. Last night he was coming home from work and was 2 minutes away from his house when a driver came out of nowhere and T-boned him in the driver's side.

He doesn't remember what happened and says that he remembers driving home and then waking up in the hospital. He sustained a fractured pelvis, rib, ankle, wrist, leg, and a vertebra in his neck. He'll be wearing a brace for 6 weeks for the last one. He's at the ICU and is going into surgery for his pelvis later tonight. We think he has a concussion and that has caused problems with his short term memory (he's been repeating questions).

Anything would be appreciated.

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
Re: Prayers for My Older Brother
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 10:12:07 pm »
Quote from: Caffeinated Autumn;186181
Please pray/send good vibes for my older brother. Last night he was coming home from work and was 2 minutes away from his house when a driver came out of nowhere and T-boned him in the driver's side.

:eek::(

(((Caffeinated Autumn, brother, & family))) May he recover well and fully.

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Demophon

• Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 09:41:42 am »

He doesn't remember what happened and says that he remembers driving home and then waking up in the hospital. He sustained a fractured pelvis, rib, ankle, wrist, leg, and a vertebra in his neck. He'll be wearing a brace for 6 weeks for the last one. He's at the ICU and is going into surgery for his pelvis later tonight. We think he has a concussion and that has caused problems with his short term memory (he's been repeating questions).

Sorry about your brother. May he be blessed with healing and recovery.

Caffeinated Autumn

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 04:53:10 pm »

UPDATE: He is doing fine. He's a lot more coherent now. Visited him in the hospital yesterday afternoon. It's going to be a long recovery but I think he'll be alright. I won't be surprised if he goes to rehab due to his pelvis injury. I know he'll definitely need PT. The surgery went well but we are awaiting more details on the driver that hit him. Some stupid lady in her Lexus SUV. She wasn't hurt at all.

Thank you SunflowerP and Demophon for your prayers and good vibes.

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druid-ish
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 03:49:15 pm »
Quote from: Caffeinated Autumn;186347
UPDATE: He is doing fine. He's a lot more coherent now. Visited him in the hospital yesterday afternoon. It's going to be a long recovery but I think he'll be alright. I won't be surprised if he goes to rehab due to his pelvis injury. I know he'll definitely need PT. The surgery went well but we are awaiting more details on the driver that hit him. Some stupid lady in her Lexus SUV. She wasn't hurt at all.

Thank you SunflowerP and Demophon for your prayers and good vibes.

Sending my additional good vibes/wishes for his continued good recovery.
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

Tags: