Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Banishment Spell did not work as intended?  (Read 4324 times)

Loralie

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Banishment Spell did not work as intended?
« on: February 01, 2016, 06:29:46 pm »
Blessings! I have normally only practiced things considered more of the "Light". However, as of late, I've found that more of a Gray path has been calling me. I did my first curse/banishment spell about 4 days ago. A girl who I've had issues with in the past-continues to try and get my boyfriend alone without me, has expressed interest in him and continues to pursue him. I trust him completely, but I wanted to make sure she knew she needed to stay out of our lives, as it was becoming disruptive. I wrote her name on a piece of paper, as well as "move away" and "lose interest" and "stay away". I then placed the paper inside 2 mirrors that faced each other and wrapped them shut with black ribbon. I engraved her name into a black candle and let it burn until it was out. I just found out yesterday her dog died. I had tried to be clear with my intentions for the spell. I did not want to cause her hurt or pain. I just wanted her to go away. Is it possible that I did not do something properly and my actions might have affected her life in this way? Is it possible the spell had actually caused this? How can I be sure that my spells go as intended in the future? It was a spell I had written myself, so perhaps someone could give my any insight as to where I might have gone wrong and it produced an undesired result. Thank you all so much!

Scales

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Banishment Spell did not work as intended?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 05:29:14 am »
Quote from: Loralie;186040
Is it possible that I did not do something properly and my actions might have affected her life in this way?

Is it possible the spell had actually caused this?

How can I be sure that my spells go as intended in the future? It was a spell I had written myself, so perhaps someone could give my any insight as to where I might have gone wrong and it produced an undesired result. Thank you all so much!

To the first two- I'd call it possible, I guess but highly highly unlikely. That sort of thing is hard to do on purpose, and considering you really didn't want to, it's unlikely you somehow accidentally pumped a shitton of negative energy in. There's also nothing along the lines of 'oh yeah, you need three mirrors to banish, two kills dogs.'

Conversely, I mean, that could be what nudges her into not being interested in romance for a bit, but I would say that result is much, much more likely to be from the magic than the dog's death is.

To the last- be very clear with your intent, especially in your head but on paper in spells with this format would be good too. Relax beforehand a bit, and be aware of your emotions. Being emotional can work for spells and curses, but if you're worried about your aim or overdoing it, wait for a more controlled time. Scheduling can help for this, because you may get a boost with the moon phase or whatever and it's unlikely to be a moment of passion.

In no way do I think you killed her dog, but I'm sorry because I know that even considering that you've done such a thing is painful.

Wimsaur

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 11:40:08 am »
Blessings! I have normally only practiced things considered more of the "Light". However, as of late, I've found that more of a Gray path has been calling me. I did my first curse/banishment spell about 4 days ago. A girl who I've had issues with in the past-continues to try and get my boyfriend alone without me, has expressed interest in him and continues to pursue him. I trust him completely, but I wanted to make sure she knew she needed to stay out of our lives, as it was becoming disruptive. I wrote her name on a piece of paper, as well as "move away" and "lose interest" and "stay away". I then placed the paper inside 2 mirrors that faced each other and wrapped them shut with black ribbon. I engraved her name into a black candle and let it burn until it was out. I just found out yesterday her dog died. I had tried to be clear with my intentions for the spell. I did not want to cause her hurt or pain. I just wanted her to go away. Is it possible that I did not do something properly and my actions might have affected her life in this way? Is it possible the spell had actually caused this? How can I be sure that my spells go as intended in the future? It was a spell I had written myself, so perhaps someone could give my any insight as to where I might have gone wrong and it produced an undesired result. Thank you all so much!
Firstly, a banishing ritual works best when you are banishing a negative influence within your own personality/ego.

What you did is more accurately a curse or a hex and is definitely black magick. (Black Magick as defined by hermetic/Qabalistic magick is any Magick aimed at another person- no judgement attached).

It sounds like your problem stems from a fear of loss of your boyfriend. That said, magick that would benefit you most is magick to build your courage and self worth/esteem/confidence.

Further, as long as you trust your boyfriend, no magick is necessary on another person. What often works best for these situations is "talking magick" which is when you have a conversation with your boyfriend about your feelings. You can also apply this to that girl. You'd be amazed at how well "talking magick" can work.

-Wimsaur.

lostinlymbo

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 01:44:54 am »
I agree with what the previous replies state, but would like to add one point of advice for your future workings.  Before you are going to do a ritual/spell you should do a divination about it's outcome.  For example, do a tarot reading asking what the consequences and outcome will be.  If you do not like the results, then change something about your planned ritual, and redo the divination.  Or, cancel the idea entirely.

I believe I picked this up a long time ago from Donald Michael Kraig.

Good luck!

Olie

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 01:22:43 am »
Quote from: Scales;186051
There's also nothing along the lines of 'oh yeah, you need three mirrors to banish, two kills dogs.'

hahaaaaaaaa holy crud i just laughed so hard XD

but yeah i pretty much agree with scales. killing with magic is pretty hard to do on purpose so by accident would be kinda like "oops i slipped and harnessed the powers over life and death". so i wouldnt worry about it C:
also i wouldnt count yur spell as black magic. maybe a super light gray. but it seems pretty nice. it sounds just like a magical way of tellin someone to go away. and its not like the police would come knockin yur door down for that or anythin

Holdasown

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • Blog
  • Religion: Norse/Germanic Polytheists
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2016, 10:25:06 am »

Nice spell for your first one. If you were specific I would say it's coincidence. Killing things is pretty serious and heavy duty. If you are not ready to handle stuff like this happening though you may not want to do this again. Gotta own it if you want to do it.

Tags: