Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Equinox Rituals  (Read 2775 times)

SonofPan

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Equinox Rituals
« on: September 12, 2011, 12:03:14 pm »
Hey does anyone have a good ritual to perform on the Equinox?
"Life is about enjoying every moment you have, and with that enjoyment sharing with others!"

celestialwolf

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • http://celestialmountains.com
Re: Equinox Rituals
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 12:20:02 pm »
Quote from: SonofPan;19283

What is "good" and what path are you trying to get a ritual for?

Juni

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 12:25:43 pm »

This question is so vague as to be essentially useless. What constitutes good? What ritual goals are you aiming for? In what context is the equinox relevant?
Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013!

SonofPan

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 01:00:31 pm »
Quote from: Juni;19296
This question is so vague as to be essentially useless. What constitutes good? What ritual goals are you aiming for? In what context is the equinox relevant?

Wow..first thanks for just trying to crush any sort of curiosity I might have. I am just researching everything about the Equinox that is coming up and I wanted to know any good rituals (good as being beneficial to protection and helping you harvest the good energy you put out aka helping people, making others feel good, sending positive energy out)...I just wanted to see what others did to celebrate the Equinox. Thanks though for being so "helpful"...
"Life is about enjoying every moment you have, and with that enjoyment sharing with others!"

Juni

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 01:04:14 pm »
Quote from: SonofPan;19311
Wow..first thanks for just trying to crush any sort of curiosity I might have. I am just researching everything about the Equinox that is coming up and I wanted to know any good rituals (good as being beneficial to protection and helping you harvest the good energy you put out aka helping people, making others feel good, sending positive energy out)...I just wanted to see what others did to celebrate the Equinox. Thanks though for being so "helpful"...

Well, see, if you had bothered to include *any* of this information in your initial post, it would have been a lot more helpful. And that definition of good that you just used is certainly not what I would have thought of, so explaining it is also helpful.
Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013!

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 05:01:21 pm »

If you do a search on here, the topic's come up a couple of times recently. (I need to deal with processing a whole bunch of elderberries before running out the door to a rehearsal). If no one else has come along with more info, I'll be back in the thread when I've got more time (maybe tonight, more likely tomorrow.)

On the topic of helping people help you when you ask a question, though, you might find an essay on my website handy - http://gleewood.org/seeking/reaching-out/smart-questions/ . Giving people information about what you're looking for is a way to respect their time and energy in answering: as I like to say, I may be a witch, but my mindreading is highly unreliable. There's a lot of different paths and perspectives on this forum, so being clear about what you're looking for helps the people who actually know about that thing realise you're asking about stuff they know about.
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

HeartShadow

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flamekeeping.org
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 08:30:52 pm »

It also doesn't help that your religion there is extremely non-specific to the question - "Son of Pan" doesn't tell me if you're looking at a Wiccan-style framework, some kind of seasonal thing, a Hellenic view ....

I mean .. what good is a ritual that's totally nonsensical in your religious background?

Hexenbesen

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 02:22:52 pm »
Quote from: HeartShadow;19436
It also doesn't help that your religion there is extremely non-specific to the question - "Son of Pan" doesn't tell me if you're looking at a Wiccan-style framework, some kind of seasonal thing, a Hellenic view ....

I mean .. what good is a ritual that's totally nonsensical in your religious background?

We are having our ritual tonight with smudging, closing the circle, call to quarters, two chants, cakes and ale and opening the circle.  These are eclectic Wiccan rites that can be found in most books on Paganism

Asch

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 09:39:32 pm »

I'm doing an ADF solitary rite on Sunday night or Monday. I'd like to do it tonight but I'm crammed with homework and just got home from work after battling traffic for an hour.

I'll be honoring the Kindreds as well as Manannan Mac Lir, Goibniu and Cailleach Baere. I re-wrote the ritual from a group rite in the 2007 Liturgist's Yearbook.

Nyktelios

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2011, 12:16:15 am »

I burnt incense and offered libations to Demeter and Persephone, as well as a witchy kind of ritual for Isis and Osiris to honour Osiris as King of the Underworld.

Valdi

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2011, 04:42:53 am »

I went to a party. A non-Pagan one.
Ate food, wished someone a happy birthday, had a bit of fun.

Kind of looking forward more to Samhain though. I have even less of an idea how to celebrate harvest festivals than I do Samhain. :o

Micheál

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Alexandrian Wicca, Gaelic Polytheism
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2011, 03:41:32 am »

Performed a rite at our coven Sabbat, which included adoring an Emmer Wheat, which was one of the first crops domesticated in the fertile crescent, and grown alongside the Nile, and by our ancestors at Newgrange(cruithneacht).

The next day also marked OTO Ireland's 3rd Birthday, and we performed a rite called Fraction du Pain out of Br. Rodney Orpheus's new book, The Grimoire of Aleister Crowley. It's a translation of a 19th century Gnostic Eucharistic rite adapted for Thelemic use.
Semper Fidelis

Tags: