Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: End of Life Experiences  (Read 3108 times)

Gnowan

• Sr. Apprentice
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
End of Life Experiences
« on: January 22, 2016, 11:26:58 pm »
I worked in critical care hospice as a CNA to pay-it-forward for my mom.

I have stories and stories, first-hand, about what happens during the dying process.

"They" say seeing is believing.  I believe.  I've seen it.  I've experienced it.

I would like to hear about other's end of life "phenomena."  Where it's not about faith.  It's about seeing to believing.

~Gnowan

Gnowan

• Sr. Apprentice
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
Re: End of Life Experiences
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 11:48:35 pm »
Quote from: Gnowan;185662

I have stories and stories, first-hand, about what happens during the dying process.

"They" say seeing is believing.  I believe.  I've seen it.  I've experienced it.

I would like to hear about other's end of life "phenomena."  Where it's not about faith.  It's about seeing to believing.

~Gnowan

Okay.  I'll open with one.

A man whose wife was in our care died in his wheelchair outside our door.  The paramedics spent an hour trying to revive him--using him as a training dummy for their thumper, talking casually and even laughing.

We (nurses, CNA, front desk) were all horrified because we knew the man was dead, but they continued pounding on this man.

After they took his body, we had poundings in our facility.  A shelf feel over and doors slammed.

We all knew who it was.  He was not happy.  But after we told his wife what had happened (we were all scared to), she was peaceful.  She had stayed alive because she worried about him.  When he died, her agitation died, then she died a day later.

You can't make this stuff up!

~Gnowan

Gnowan

• Sr. Apprentice
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 03:06:01 am »
Quote from: Gnowan;185666
Okay.  I'll open with one.

A man whose wife was in our care died in his wheelchair outside our door.  The paramedics spent an hour trying to revive him--using him as a training dummy for their thumper, talking casually and even laughing.

We (nurses, CNA, front desk) were all horrified because we knew the man was dead, but they continued pounding on this man.

After they took his body, we had poundings in our facility.  A shelf feel over and doors slammed.

We all knew who it was.  He was not happy.  But after we told his wife what had happened (we were all scared to), she was peaceful.  She had stayed alive because she worried about him.  When he died, her agitation died, then she died a day later.

You can't make this stuff up!

~Gnowan

Would this better in paranormal and I do I request moving it?

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 09:46:26 pm »
Quote from: Gnowan;185820
Would this better in paranormal and I do I request moving it?

Possibly; I'll move it for you.

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

MeadowRae

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pantheist Pagan Witch with Celtic Leanings
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/He/She
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 06:40:50 am »

~Gnowan

My grandmother's ex husband died last year. On the day he died, I remembered every memory we had together and felt a deep resounding peace. I lived with them for a few years, and they had been married for my entire childhood...we were close. I have not seen him for four years due to the divorce, and I don't know where he is buried. The only reason I know about his death is that my grandmother told me three weeks after that he had died of cancer.

This year, I saw my ex husband's grandmother driving around town. As it turns out, that just wasn't possible because she was already dead at that time. She had always liked me, so I feel like she was saying goodbye.
The genderqueer witch your mother warned you about

Gnowan

• Sr. Apprentice
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2016, 03:09:01 am »
Quote from: ViolaRae;185875
My grandmother's ex husband died last year. On the day he died, I remembered every memory we had together and felt a deep resounding peace. I lived with them for a few years, and they had been married for my entire childhood...we were close. I have not seen him for four years due to the divorce, and I don't know where he is buried. The only reason I know about his death is that my grandmother told me three weeks after that he had died of cancer.

This year, I saw my ex husband's grandmother driving around town. As it turns out, that just wasn't possible because she was already dead at that time. She had always liked me, so I feel like she was saying goodbye.

Isn't that amazing!  What a wonderful experience for you.

A memory I keep close was when I walked into an ornery patient's room (and the family was, as well) and they were all praying together.  So I stopped at the door.  As soon as the family finished and said, "Amen," I watched the man die.

It was beautiful.  He'd been waiting for everyone.

I saw this so many times.

There is so much poignant beauty in hospice.  People that haven't experienced it, think that maybe it's macabre or scary, but it's so not.

That's why I went into hospice, as a pay-it-forward for my mom.  I wanted to take care of the ugliness of the body's dying process so folks could concentrate on the important stuff.

But the things I experienced....... if you want "proof" of the Something More, work with those at the door.  You're not going through that door yet, but you definitely will see the light coming from it.

~Gnowan

suzker

• Apprentice
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2016, 03:02:17 pm »
This is an old post.

Indeed one sees a lot in such a field or in any emergency situation. Though not a first responder, well trained in the different levels of 1st aid, and was one of the first [what am I saying, just avoided getting caught in it] to a major multi-car winter-time pileup a few years ago.

However, what I will recall was with my aunt. It is a little different than merely observing someone die.

My aunt was very close to me despite how, due to distance, we didn't have anywhere near the interactions as one would think for my viewing her as a second mother. It was just an instant connection regardless.

I was more than 3,000 miles away, in a completely different country, when she died. I was partaking in a play with the local theatre group outside. My role was minor which is a dang good thing.

The moment she died* I remember the sensation as if someone was running their hand underneath the right side of neck and along my jaw. It was something she used to do when I was a kid, terribly shy as a brat, and refused to answer her questions. And as if someone has hit a switch got incredibly emotional, eyes teary up, and it was only my self control [had to literally bite down on my tongue] that kept me from letting loose with the 'gut wrenching' screams you read about in books [or howling] for the emotion was like a sledgehammer.

I say thankfully my role was minor as the assistant director when she saw my face wouldn't let me go ahead because she thought I was going to pass out right then and there. Apparently ashen and 'bug eyed'.

Never felt it before, never want to feel it again.

*I know it was the moment she died as that morning got on facebook and what's on my uncle's page. He had the time of death down, almost exactly that of this sensation.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 03:02:48 pm by suzker »

Tags: