collapse

Author Topic: Nudge me in the right direction please  (Read 1869 times)

ComplicatedMe

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Nudge me in the right direction please
« on: September 11, 2011, 05:42:37 pm »
So I've been trying to figure out what areas I want to look into the would work with what I believe or how I feel and I'm still figuring out some things myself but also the information and various branches of Paganism out there are a little overwhelming... Here are some things I know I feel or believe in

*Balance is a big thing with me... I don't necessarily think the evil or not being good all the time is a BAD thing... I think it's necessary for balance also a lot of harm and bad things and errors are learning lessons and things that strengthen and can have a positive outcome if handled properly.  (don't get me wrong I believe people should do the right thing and not cause any harm if they can avoid it)

*When it comes to the one god, multi gods, no god thing... I'm kind of torn between thinking that there can be multiple deities but I also kind of feel like what multiple deities can just represent may be multiple faces or aspects of something greater.  People have different personalities and qualities to them I don't see why deities can't as well

*I don't think I'd care to do any witch craft but I'm not completely opposed to it. I'd have to see learn more and see how I feel about it I guess but I don't feel like it's for me.

*Peace and harmony are important but I'm not opposed to chaos.  But have their needs and benefits. I think I value wisdom and growth more than anything and both peace and chaos are needed for it.

*I don't like being in nature but I appreciate the beauty of it.  I guess I like nature from a distance.  You won't catch me dancing in the woods though, more like sitting inside looking at it and contemplating the wonder of it. I do like animals though

*I think people should strive to learn and grow and better themselves.  

I feel like I was rambling a bit but basically yea... If anybody has any ideas as to what might be good for me to look into I'd greatly appreciate it

ComplicatedMe

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Nudge me in the right direction please...
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 05:55:27 pm »
Quote from: ComplicatedMe;19134

I feel like I was rambling a bit but basically yea... If anybody has any ideas as to what might be good for me to look into I'd greatly appreciate it

Sorry but just to add a thing or two...

*I think I believe in karma but at times I question that... I think maybe I like the ideal of karma but the actual execution of it seems semi non existent to me.  it's more like the threat of karma is used to urge people to do the right thing. but there's a good chance my idea of it is flawed.  I feel more like people should get what they deserve.  action and reaction. "karma" seems kinda flimsy to me but again I think I need to do more in depth reading into the details on the belief of karma.

*Reincarnation/Multiple Universes... these thoughts intrigue me.  I'm leaning toward yes to multiple universes. that there are multiple lines in time or space that have us in them but with different mind sets or with different actions and the fallout there of.  Reincarnation... I believe that not every body is or maybe just that everybody isn't constantly.  I don't yet how to properly express my views on that but it makes sense in my head lol...

okay that's it for now... thanks

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 09:08:38 am »
Quote from: ComplicatedMe;19136

So, here are a couple of things for you!

Our Pagan Primer has some good information and resources available.  You might want to give that a read, if you've not already.

The Teens and Paganism FAQ is helpful, even if one isn't a teen.  You can simply ignore the items that are age specific.

One of our members, Jenett, has a fantastic site for Seekers: Seeking: first Pagan steps and tools

You could also do much worse than delve into FlameKeeping.  This is a foundation/scaffold for a religious practice created by one of our member, HeartShadow.  Information can be found at the Official FlameKeeping site and in our SIG on these forums.

Finally...karma, in the true sense of the word, doesn't work the way that most describe it.  You might want to read the threads on the boards about karma, and then read this thread from Dharma Wheel:  Cause, Effect, & Holocaust.

I hope this helps!
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

ComplicatedMe

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 06:13:12 pm »
Quote from: veggiewolf;19258
So, here are a couple of things for you!

You could also do much worse than delve into FlameKeeping.  This is a foundation/scaffold for a religious practice created by one of our member, HeartShadow.  Information can be found at the Official FlameKeeping site and in our SIG on these forums.

Finally...karma, in the true sense of the word, doesn't work the way that most describe it.  You might want to read the threads on the boards about karma, and then read this thread from Dharma Wheel:  Cause, Effect, & Holocaust.

I hope this helps!

Thanks for your input.  I've read the Primer and the Teens FAQ. They were really helpful with making me ask myself some questions about what I believe and what I'm looking for but I'm still at a loss I feel.  None of the main ones mentioned really struck a chord with me but still looking into them.  I dunno.  I hope I'm not a lost cause.

Juniperberry

• Grand Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 06:19:31 pm »
Quote from: ComplicatedMe;19395
Thanks for your input.  I've read the Primer and the Teens FAQ. They were really helpful with making me ask myself some questions about what I believe and what I'm looking for but I'm still at a loss I feel.  None of the main ones mentioned really struck a chord with me but still looking into them.  I dunno.  I hope I'm not a lost cause.

You know, a lot of traditions/paths have a philosophy on all of these things. I wonder if it might help you more to ask people what their faith says about the questions you have. You might get more detailed info and a better direction. :)
The pace of progress in artificial intelligence (I’m not referring to narrow AI) is incredibly fast. [...] The risk of something seriously dangerous happening is in the five year timeframe. 10 years at most.--Elon Musk

I am in the camp that is concerned about super intelligence," [Bill] Gates wrote. "First the machines will do a lot of jobs for us and not be super intelligent. That should be positive if we manage it well. A few decades after that though the intelligence is strong enough to be a concern. I agree with Elon Musk and some others on this and don\'t understand why some people are not concerned."

ComplicatedMe

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 06:25:30 pm »
Quote from: Juniperberry;19396
You know, a lot of traditions/paths have a philosophy on all of these things. I wonder if it might help you more to ask people what their faith says about the questions you have. You might get more detailed info and a better direction. :)

Hmm maybe I'll just try doing that.  I'm sure people would be happy to share what they believe in and even if it isn't for me I'm always curious.

Tags: