Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Other: Girl receives thank-you gifts from crows  (Read 2880 times)

Juniperberry

• Grand Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
Girl receives thank-you gifts from crows
« on: January 06, 2016, 07:42:48 am »
http://imgur.com/gallery/6c45f

It's a really cute picture album. It began when the little girl would drop her food and the crows would follow her around to eat the crumbs. Now she feeds them regularly and in return the crows leave behind beads, buttons,  earrings, etc on their feeding tray for her.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 03:06:40 pm by RandallS »
The pace of progress in artificial intelligence (I’m not referring to narrow AI) is incredibly fast. [...] The risk of something seriously dangerous happening is in the five year timeframe. 10 years at most.--Elon Musk

I am in the camp that is concerned about super intelligence," [Bill] Gates wrote. "First the machines will do a lot of jobs for us and not be super intelligent. That should be positive if we manage it well. A few decades after that though the intelligence is strong enough to be a concern. I agree with Elon Musk and some others on this and don\'t understand why some people are not concerned."

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
Re: Girl receives thank-you gifts from crows
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 09:03:12 am »
Quote from: Juniperberry;184634

It's a really cute picture album. It began when the little girl would drop her food and the crows would follow her around to eat the crumbs. Now she feeds them regularly and in return the crows leave behind beads, buttons,  earrings, etc on their feeding tray for her.

D'awww!!! Also, I am enchanted by the crows' clear sense of 'a gift for a gift'.

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

MeadowRae

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pantheist Pagan Witch with Celtic Leanings
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/He/She
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 07:58:38 pm »

It's a really cute picture album. It began when the little girl would drop her food and the crows would follow her around to eat the crumbs. Now she feeds them regularly and in return the crows leave behind beads, buttons,  earrings, etc on their feeding tray for her.

I saw this! I think it's pretty awesome and a testament to the intelligence of crows. Unfortunately, I believe her neighbors filed a lawsuit with the parents over the damage the crows caused to their property.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 07:59:06 pm by MeadowRae »
The genderqueer witch your mother warned you about

MeadowRae

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pantheist Pagan Witch with Celtic Leanings
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/He/She
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 08:02:55 pm »
Quote from: ViolaRae;184674
I saw this! I think it's pretty awesome and a testament to the intelligence of crows. Unfortunately, I believe her neighbors filed a lawsuit with the parents over the damage the crows caused to their property.

I think this is the same family? :o

https://www.audubon.org/news/neighbors-sue-crow-befriending-girl-over-excessive-poop
The genderqueer witch your mother warned you about

Juniperberry

• Grand Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 11:11:35 pm »
Quote from: ViolaRae;184676
I think this is the same family? :o

https://www.audubon.org/news/neighbors-sue-crow-befriending-girl-over-excessive-poop

That's unfortunate. Hopefully they can come to a compromise.
The pace of progress in artificial intelligence (I’m not referring to narrow AI) is incredibly fast. [...] The risk of something seriously dangerous happening is in the five year timeframe. 10 years at most.--Elon Musk

I am in the camp that is concerned about super intelligence," [Bill] Gates wrote. "First the machines will do a lot of jobs for us and not be super intelligent. That should be positive if we manage it well. A few decades after that though the intelligence is strong enough to be a concern. I agree with Elon Musk and some others on this and don\'t understand why some people are not concerned."

Altair

• Staff
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
    • Songs of the Metamythos
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2016, 01:01:44 am »

Crows rule. Or they would, if they had opposable thumbs.
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

Tags: