Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: New memory connections from my childhood, regarding the Norse path.  (Read 3121 times)

Sri Icetusk

• View Profile
Not sure this is the place for this and all the other overdone, newbie starting sentences.

So, I was recalling a frightening incident from my childhood. When I was 2/3 years old, I awoke to something sitting on my chest. This wasn't the usual apparition, where it cannot be seen; this was what appeared to be a fat female dwarf, with at least four workers holding me down. They had the stereotypical pickaxes and were digging into me with them. She was eating what they pulled out, which is why she was fat, I believe. Now, I don't think it was flesh, but some piece of my soul/spirit, because I didn't have any wounds.

I was fairly neglected and had wandered the entirety of our wooded 40 acres, many times(yep, at that age), so I knew exactly where they came from. I had my mom come with me and fill in the holes in the ground they came through.

Now, this has been a constant memory, as is the next one, but it only recently dawned on me, that they are connected and may well have been my initial introduction to the Norse pantheon.

See... a few days later, a dog wandered from the woods and took to me. She was a beautiful golden retriever. She wouldn't leave my side. I knew how to push a chair up to the door and unlock it, so I did, almost daily. Her and I would go look for frogs in the swamp and I had a fascination with the railroad tracks at the front of our property. She would sit in the ditch with me and keep me from the tracks, themselves. We'd sit there, until the conductor stopped the train, took me home and yelled at my mom.

The connection I recently made, is that this may have been Frigg, protecting me. Perhaps protecting me from not only the dwarves, but from my neglect and all that could have harmed me.

The dog disappeared around the time we finally escaped my abusive, psychotic ex marine, father.
This entire story has always made me have a certain love for the movie, Pete's Dragon.

Anyway, I'd be interested in anyone's alternative interpretation of these events.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 10:27:23 pm by Sri Icetusk »

KrvZk

• View Profile
Quote from: Sri Icetusk;184064
Not sure this is the place for this and all the other overdone, newbie starting sentences.

So, I was recalling a frightening incident from my childhood. When I was 2/3 years old, I awoke to something sitting on my chest. This wasn't the usual apparition, where it cannot be seen; this was what appeared to be a fat female dwarf, with at least four workers holding me down. They had the stereotypical pickaxes and were digging into me with them. She was eating what they pulled out, which is why she was fat, I believe. Now, I don't think it was flesh, but some piece of my soul/spirit, because I didn't have any wounds.

I was fairly neglected and had wandered the entirety of our wooded 40 acres, many times(yep, at that age), so I knew exactly where they came from. I had my mom come with me and fill in the holes in the ground they came through.

Now, this has been a constant memory, as is the next one, but it only recently dawned on me, that they are connected and may well have been my initial introduction to the Norse pantheon.

See... a few days later, a dog wandered from the woods and took to me. She was a beautiful golden retriever. She wouldn't leave my side. I knew how to push a chair up to the door and unlock it, so I did, almost daily. Her and I would go look for frogs in the swamp and I had a fascination with the railroad tracks at the front of our property. She would sit in the ditch with me and keep me from the tracks, themselves. We'd sit there, until the conductor stopped the train, took me home and yelled at my mom.

The connection I recently made, is that this may have been Frigg, protecting me. Perhaps protecting me from not only the dwarves, but from my neglect and all that could have harmed me.

The dog disappeared around the time we finally escaped my abusive, psychotic ex marine, father.
This entire story has always made me have a certain love for the movie, Pete's Dragon.

Anyway, I'd be interested in anyone's alternative interpretation of these events.

Wow. When I was between 1 and 3 years old I had three separate experiences with either what you saw or something else, I'd call them either goblins, not sure what they are technically.

At my 3 year old age I barely had to tilt my head up to talk to one of the tallest of them, big difference between talking to parents standing up and you had to look about straight up while they were staring straight down. I don't know if the shortest ones were children but they were tall enough that I barely had to look down to make eye contact.

The final time I saw one of them was at the top of the stairway at my grandparents during winter vacation. It smiled at me but seemed to be a wicked evil grin. I thought I was just seeing outlines of the faint lit images when turning your head away from a 100 watt lightbulb that I just turned on but quickly saw the green skin and dangerous looking teeth and finger nails.

I turned to get back down the threen stairs I was already running up and decided to not let it behind me so ended up at the bottom of the stairs saying, "You're not real," hoping that I was right. It smiled and said, "Maybe you're not real" I told him I wanted someone else to see him.

He looked at my teenaged uncle's door which is where I was headed. I said no, let mom see you...he said no...i was like dad? :/ my parents were right around the corner finishing opening presents so were too occupied. They couldn't have believed it and would have probably thought I was making stuff up.

My aunt was my next guess. He told me she was busy too and wouldn't but I could try. She was watching part three of a Doctor Who on PBS. She would not hear me, ironic she was enthralled with tv show monster fighter and she could have been near this real thing.

I ran to grandpa and asked why the green guy was near his bedroom door. He laughed, guess he thought I was talking about something from the tv show. I trodded back over and said, "You're right," before I looked up the stairs.

He knew he was and grinned and wanted me to come up to grandpa's room. There was a closet door I always avoided up there and I said, "You don't live in the closet, I saw grandma open it during the day." he told me I was closer than I knew. I told him to come downstairs and I'd talk to him.

He seemed to give up on me then and walked into their room. I wondered why he was scared although I knew that I wanted it to be as close as possible if I could get it lured to my dad so he could deal with it since I knew from fishing and stuff that dad could treat giant fish that I could barely keep ahold of a pole til he grabbed it and made it look like it was going to be small until it got to bank and it was almost tall as me.

He seemed to know that I wanted my dad to catch it so he told me I was missing out on something amazing. I've wondered from time to time about what he might have shown me or took me elsewhere or if he was just going to eat me or take me to the rest of his group before they make started to chew me up.

Since I couldn't figure out how to get a grown up to get out of their chair cause I see a monster that will have time to escape anyways before they saw him. Then my dad's chair sounded like he stood up Which I was using all my power to make my dad need to go to the bathroom so I could yank him off balance enough that his head when see this monster that I wanted to know if it was safe to go upstairs with.

He didn't want to be seen so he strolled through that door by the time dad was close enough to have seen it. Then he wouldn't go upstairs with me cause he had to go to the bathroom. The other times I'd seen them from outside the window when I woke up one night when I was under two years old and then a few months after that in someone's yard when our vehicle was broke down and my mom couldn't see them right where I was pointing towards while dad was under the hood.

I feel halfway lucky they never got their claws on me but halfway curious if that was some opportunity I've missed out on because I didn't trust them and that was the test, but I didn't risk being eaten by something that looked strong enough to cripple a cow and chomp on before anyone would believe my scream enough to help me. I decided not to risk it but asked him to give me a chance during the day. He told me I wouldn't find him.

A couple years later I braved my way into sitting in that room for a few minutes at a time to see if he'd show up and be tame enough for me to handle or just not so scary looking anymore. I haven't seen them anymore but occasionally I get within a running distance away from a scary looking entity.

So...was your dwarves green and like jagged looking cheekbones and chin? If you or someone else can describe the rest of them we'll both know we're talking about the same thing.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 03:10:54 pm by Jenett »

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Quote from: KrvZk;192101

A Reminder:
We don't mind long posts here, but to avoid having a hard-to-read  wall-o'-text, hitting "enter" twice every few lines adds some white  space and makes it easier to follow - your post has been edited to add them but it's a really good habit to get into yourself.

They don't have to be the "proper" place for paragraph breaks (we're interested in readability more than technicalities), or a complete  change of thought - some thoughts take a lot of lines and need to be  broken up into sub-thoughts - as long as they're there.

This isn't a formal warning, just a reminder.  No  reply is necessary,  but if you have questions or need clarification,  please feel free to  contact a member of staff privately.

Thanks!
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

Tags: