Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: Meeting a Spirit? Not sure.  (Read 1446 times)

MeadowRae

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pantheist Pagan Witch with Celtic Leanings
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/He/She
Meeting a Spirit? Not sure.
« on: December 24, 2015, 09:22:43 am »
I was not sure where to put this; actually I was a bit nervous to ask the question, but here it goes.

A few weeks ago, during ritual, I felt/saw a white light pass over me. It filled me with this great peace. I had never visualized anything like it before, but I had been asking God and Goddess for guidance, so I assumed it was my spirit guide/angel. Light can't really have a gender, and it didn't have a form, but I felt that the presence was distinctly male. The presence hasn't really left, but it is stronger at some times than others, especially when I am feeling low or stressed. My spirit guide is like a well of peace for my soul; he guides my emotions and allows me to be more effective in life by retaining control of my emotions and ego.

The day of the solstice, I sat in meditation and was overcome by a blue light that seemed to enter the top of my head and move through me. I have never visualized this color or used it in ritual, as I tend to favor green. I also usually visualize energy as entering through the souls of my feet. This light made me feel emboldened and protected. The next day, several fortunate "coincidences" happened, both financial and emotional/relational. I am not sure if this energy is still here with me, or watching over me.

Has this happened to any of you? Am I being visited by multiple spirit guides? Looking for any guidance or insight.
The genderqueer witch your mother warned you about

Faemon

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Meeting a Spirit? Not sure.
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2015, 01:08:52 am »
Quote from: ViolaRae;183988
Has this happened to any of you? Am I being visited by multiple spirit guides? Looking for any guidance or insight.

I used to feel an upwards-rushing like an ethereal volcanic explosion, and another time a sort of billowing of green and creative.

Never really figured out what either of those were, though. They just came and went. But somewhere else I got into a discussion about the difference between "energy" and "spirit" and realized that I couldn't explain it to someone who sensed spirits and interacted with spirits based entirely on sensing "subtle energy", or someone who didn't make the distinction between otherworldly inanimate bodies-without-bodies and otherworldly possessed of agency (either all were inanimate, or all had agency) ...so it could be worth considering it a false distinction.

A lot of personal spiritual experiences are a mystery, and shaped a lot by how we're willing to interpret them. At first I thought the green growth (makes it sound grosser than it was) was something I generated unintentionally because I could move it somewhere else if I thought at it, but when I look back on it, I was so mired in negativity at that time that it may as well have been the presence of some unnamed and formless divine intervention--someone other than myself, because it couldn't have come from anything of me. The inner volcano, though, I think that was me of the spiritual-unconscious. But the feeling of them both being "subtle energy" and first being noticed as inside my physical body...was so similar.

Perhaps these fit the description of "atavistic clairvoyance", atavistic because they appear without our deliberation, at most within meditative spaces that allow for it to happen and even there it's surprising; clairvoyance because we mostly use visual language such as colors to characterize them. (I forget if that term itself, "atavistic clairvoyance" is more Hermetic or more Theosophical, though.)

There are a number of paradigms that can parse and position this experience, purposes, cosmological mechanics, maybe naming these presences or terming the experience. Whether you think of these as spirit guides, if it helps to name them, if it's a recurring occurrence, if you trust in some greater purpose...or otherwise, then that's what it's going to be. :)
The Codex of Poesy: wishcraft, faelatry, alchemy, and other slight misspellings.
the Otherfaith: Chromatic Genderbending Faery Monarchs of Technology. DeviantArt

MeadowRae

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2015, 08:43:04 am »
Quote from: Faemon;184026
I used to feel an upwards-rushing like an ethereal volcanic explosion, and another time a sort of billowing of green and creative.

Never really figured out what either of those were, though. They just came and went. But somewhere else I got into a discussion about the difference between "energy" and "spirit" and realized that I couldn't explain it to someone who sensed spirits and interacted with spirits based entirely on sensing "subtle energy", or someone who didn't make the distinction between otherworldly inanimate bodies-without-bodies and otherworldly possessed of agency (either all were inanimate, or all had agency) ...so it could be worth considering it a false distinction.

A lot of personal spiritual experiences are a mystery, and shaped a lot by how we're willing to interpret them. At first I thought the green growth (makes it sound grosser than it was) was something I generated unintentionally because I could move it somewhere else if I thought at it, but when I look back on it, I was so mired in negativity at that time that it may as well have been the presence of some unnamed and formless divine intervention--someone other than myself, because it couldn't have come from anything of me. The inner volcano, though, I think that was me of the spiritual-unconscious. But the feeling of them both being "subtle energy" and first being noticed as inside my physical body...was so similar.

Perhaps these fit the description of "atavistic clairvoyance", atavistic because they appear without our deliberation, at most within meditative spaces that allow for it to happen and even there it's surprising; clairvoyance because we mostly use visual language such as colors to characterize them. (I forget if that term itself, "atavistic clairvoyance" is more Hermetic or more Theosophical, though.)

There are a number of paradigms that can parse and position this experience, purposes, cosmological mechanics, maybe naming these presences or terming the experience. Whether you think of these as spirit guides, if it helps to name them, if it's a recurring occurrence, if you trust in some greater purpose...or otherwise, then that's what it's going to be. :)

Thank you so much for the reply! I suppose now that I think about it more, I don't truly need to have a name for this experience. I feel in my bones that it was divine in nature. Perhaps more atavistic experiences are in my future? (I will be researching and using that word as a descriptor; I hope I am using it correctly.)

We all experience the Divine differently, but I am glad to know you have had a similar experience. It was certainly a departure from the intuitive feelings/messages I have received in the past. Perhaps different spirits communicate differently, as well? In thinking about occurences such as these, I am looking at two sides:
1) What abilities/perspective do I have to receive the message?
2) How is this spirit/God/Goddess trying to convey this message to me?

Again, I don't feel that I need to define the moment itself, but thinking about it this way makes it easier for my human mind to make sense of it.

Lionrhod

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lionrhod.com
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 05:27:39 pm »
Quote from: ViolaRae;184032
Thank you so much for the reply! I suppose now that I think about it more, I don't truly need to have a name for this experience. I feel in my bones that it was divine in nature. Perhaps more atavistic experiences are in my future? (I will be researching and using that word as a descriptor; I hope I am using it correctly.)

We all experience the Divine differently, but I am glad to know you have had a similar experience. It was certainly a departure from the intuitive feelings/messages I have received in the past. Perhaps different spirits communicate differently, as well? In thinking about occurences such as these, I am looking at two sides:
1) What abilities/perspective do I have to receive the message?
2) How is this spirit/God/Goddess trying to convey this message to me?

Again, I don't feel that I need to define the moment itself, but thinking about it this way makes it easier for my human mind to make sense of it.

Some UPG (Unverified Personal Gnosis) experiences will come with a god/goddess name attatched, and others won't.

What really matters is whether the information you get is relevant to your life and experience and helps you move forward.

Yes, lots of us have had similar experiences and it's fun as heck when it happens. It doesn't happen every day, but it seems the more you meditate, research and work to connect with various deities, entities, spirits the more it does happen.

Welcome to the wonderful, wild, wooly realm of magick!
When given a choice between black and white, choose purple.
SpellCraft Secrets: The Art of Creating Magic Spells Made Easy 2nd edition, revised
Dark Moon Gates - Pagan YA Fantasy
Nenfari - FREE Dark Sword & Sorcery
The Spider\'s Yule Gift - A Children\'s Folktale & Polish Pagan Holiday Traditions
My Website

Freesia

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 12:56:24 am »
I was not sure where to put this; actually I was a bit nervous to ask the question, but here it goes.

A few weeks ago, during ritual, I felt/saw a white light pass over me. It filled me with this great peace. I had never visualized anything like it before, but I had been asking God and Goddess for guidance, so I assumed it was my spirit guide/angel. Light can't really have a gender, and it didn't have a form, but I felt that the presence was distinctly male. The presence hasn't really left, but it is stronger at some times than others, especially when I am feeling low or stressed. My spirit guide is like a well of peace for my soul; he guides my emotions and allows me to be more effective in life by retaining control of my emotions and ego.

The day of the solstice, I sat in meditation and was overcome by a blue light that seemed to enter the top of my head and move through me. I have never visualized this color or used it in ritual, as I tend to favor green. I also usually visualize energy as entering through the souls of my feet. This light made me feel emboldened and protected. The next day, several fortunate "coincidences" happened, both financial and emotional/relational. I am not sure if this energy is still here with me, or watching over me.

The few times I've experienced unexplained spiritual attention or UPG they were all very different from each other:

The first one was a rift opening in reality that fragmented my perspective and allowed me to see between our physical world and a sliver of the spirit realm. This had a profound effect on me that left me speechless for days and partially blind in both eyes. I could use my peripheral vision, but could not see head on. I could not speak at all, it was like my voice box was completely gone; there was no pain at all. I was 15 at this time and was unsure of what I experienced for many years. It was not something my overactive imagination dreamed up one day; reality is far more fragile than we realize.  

The next time I felt anything like this was years later when I was driving. I felt something grab the back of my neck and shake my soul. I did what the entity requested and was given a reward for my task.

I wont bring up the multiple ghost and shadow people events that have occurred in my life because that would take up too much time. Suffice it to say that when you open yourself up to the other beings that dwell among this reality they will communicate. Sometimes you will get what you are asking for, sometimes you will get burned in the process. I don't think anyone can give you answers, you must use your best judgement.

PrincessBurrito

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2016, 05:28:52 am »

Yes, something like this happened to me years ago! I've never read a story so similar to my experience. Asking what it is is a very vague question because people will give you endless answers, because it could be anything. But you know it was SOMETHING, and if you felt peace afterwards, then you know for certain that it was something good, and that's all you really need to know.
But if you're passionate about a certain spirituality, you should be able to think of a few possibilities with whatever knowledge or experience you possess.
You can come up with better possibilities than any of us, because this is YOUR experience. Expand your mind, read about the ancient religions in their purest forms before you concern yourself with how others interpret it, and you'll have a better understanding on what this light was.... and spirituality in general.

MeadowRae

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 06:04:41 pm »
Quote from: PrincessBurrito;184284
Yes, something like this happened to me years ago! I've never read a story so similar to my experience. Asking what it is is a very vague question because people will give you endless answers, because it could be anything. But you know it was SOMETHING, and if you felt peace afterwards, then you know for certain that it was something good, and that's all you really need to know.
But if you're passionate about a certain spirituality, you should be able to think of a few possibilities with whatever knowledge or experience you possess.
You can come up with better possibilities than any of us, because this is YOUR experience. Expand your mind, read about the ancient religions in their purest forms before you concern yourself with how others interpret it, and you'll have a better understanding on what this light was.... and spirituality in general.

Thank you for replying! A very good point that is often forgotten (by me, anyway)-you have to look within. I think it is largely my religious and academic background that wants to get the answer from an authority rather than seek within myself and figure it out.  Having such a personal, individual spiritualual practice is rewarding, but certainly different than what I had before.

MeadowRae

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2016, 06:06:59 pm »
Quote from: Lionrhod;184139
Some UPG (Unverified Personal Gnosis) experiences will come with a god/goddess name attatched, and others won't.

What really matters is whether the information you get is relevant to your life and experience and helps you move forward.

Yes, lots of us have had similar experiences and it's fun as heck when it happens. It doesn't happen every day, but it seems the more you meditate, research and work to connect with various deities, entities, spirits the more it does happen.

Welcome to the wonderful, wild, wooly realm of magick!

I do believe it was rewarding and positive for me. I have been able to participate in my life better since it happened, and that is always a plus. I am very much enjoying this realm. :)

Tags: