Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: A Devotional to The Morrigan: A Shameless Plug  (Read 4559 times)

Nicole

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
A Devotional to The Morrigan: A Shameless Plug
« on: September 10, 2011, 09:53:53 pm »
Hello folks,

I am currently compiling a devotional anthology in honor of The Morrigan. If you know Her and would like to share your experiences, prayers, etc., your time and words would be sincerely appreciated. That said, I will post the "official call" that went out to facebook to give everyone the full information:

I am currently collecting submissions for a devotional honoring The Morrigan. Please consider offering poetry, fiction, details of your personal experience, rituals, prayers, pictures, and/or anything else you feel called to give to Her.
Please keep in mind that any artwork submitted, save for the cover art, will be printed in black and white. I am looking for cover art, so if you feel called, feel free to submit. Suggestions for a title are also welcomed.

The cut-off for submissions is 11:59 pm EST on August 1st, 2012.
Please send all submissions to: rossnic4@msu.edu

Attachments are okay, but please put them in .rtf format.
Please save pictures in .png or other lossless formats.

Once finished, the anthology will be sent to Asphodel Press for publication. I'm aiming for release by October 31st, 2012.
All contributors will receive a copy of the anthology as compensation.

Please feel free to invite/notify anyone you feel might be interested.

Thank you!

Fier

• Sr. Master Member
  • Daughter of the Cosmos
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pantheist
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: A Devotional to The Morrigan: A Shameless Plug
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 09:40:49 pm »
Quote from: Nicole;18997
rossnic4@msu.edu

*waves hello frantically*

I'm at MSU too!

Nicole

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 09:44:31 pm »
Quote from: FierFlye;19173
*waves hello frantically*

I'm at MSU too!

OMFG, really? Not to sound like an absolute creeper, but we should meet up! :DDD

Fier

• Sr. Master Member
  • Daughter of the Cosmos
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pantheist
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 09:57:27 pm »
Quote from: Nicole;19174
OMFG, really? Not to sound like an absolute creeper, but we should meet up! :DDD

Really! I am an employee, not a student, (but at 29 I pass for one).

Let's get coffee sometime. Shoot me a PM.

S.Woodfield

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 12:34:46 am »
Quote from: FierFlye;19177
A Devotional to The Morrigan: A Shameless Plug .

Love the idea of a devotion to the Morrigan!  Just posted a link on my coven's Facebook page( Morrigu's Daughters).  Do you have a page up about the project on Facebook?

Nicole

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 01:05:12 am »
Quote from: S.Woodfield;19850
Love the idea of a devotion to the Morrigan!  Just posted a link on my coven's Facebook page( Morrigu's Daughters).  Do you have a page up about the project on Facebook?

Oh, that's fantastic! Thank you!

As a matter of fact, I do!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=149567071797589

Thanks again!

Nicole

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2012, 11:45:49 pm »
Hello folks,

I am currently compiling a devotional anthology in honor of The Morrigan. If you know Her and would like to share your experiences, prayers, etc., your time and words would be sincerely appreciated. That said, I will post the "official call" that went out to facebook to give everyone the full information:

I'm bumping this post as the submission deadline is quickly coming up. Please send me your personal experiences, poetry, rituals, recipes, artwork, etc.

I must admit that I may, unfortunately, not be able to hold fast to my desire to give all contributors a copy of the devotional. While you certainly all deserve it, I may not be able to buy a copy for the volume of contributors we've had as all said copies would be bought out of my own pocket.
I'm sorry to disappoint and I certainly hope this won't dissuade anyone from sending devotions.

Saddlehome

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 11:12:15 am »
Hello folks,

I am currently collecting submissions for a devotional honoring The Morrigan. Please consider offering poetry, fiction, details of your personal experience, rituals, prayers, pictures, and/or anything else you feel called to give to Her.
Please keep in mind that any artwork submitted, save for the cover art, will be printed in black and white. I am looking for cover art, so if you feel called, feel free to submit. Suggestions for a title are also welcomed.

The cut-off for submissions is 11:59 pm EST on August 1st, 2012.
Please send all submissions to: rossnic4@msu.edu

Attachments are okay, but please put them in .rtf format.
Please save pictures in .png or other lossless formats.

Once finished, the anthology will be sent to Asphodel Press for publication. I'm aiming for release by October 31st, 2012.
All contributors will receive a copy of the anthology as compensation.

Please feel free to invite/notify anyone you feel might be interested.

Thank you!

Hi, I would like to share my experience of the Morrigan. First of all a little background information may be helpful with this story. My mom (who was Irish, this may be significant) left when I was five, which I think is a huge factor in my relationship with the Morrigan, I'm a guy, so not someone she would normally connect with. From an early age I was aware of what others might call the 'supernatural', too me it was perfectly natural! I used to go to icecream parlours in Cornwall and bend the spoons, much too the annoyance of my stepmother (who I didn't get on with at all well, and still don't)

Anyway, around when I was 15, I was, for reasons that would be otiose to mention at this point, living in a caravan with my Dad and stepmother. I'd been studying Pears Encyclopedia of Mythology, I'd had a few drinks and an argument with my stepmom and I decided, in earnest, to invoke the Morrigan (no particular ritual, just a lot of concentration and reference to the Morrigan in her other guise as The Crow (Bhadba). Hilarity ensued (not).

Within about 20 minutes a storm came up that wiped out every tent and caravan except ours. Now, this might have been pure coincedence, but from that day on I feel a little better about my mom leaving, because I feel I have a new one, the Morrigan.

The moral of this story is that if you are hurt and in need and you ask right, she will come, but don't expect soft pillows and Lemsip, lol.

I'm just an ordinary bloke with an ordinary job, I'm not some 'out there' New Ager, but this happened and I cannot explain it. But that night I didn't feel so alone and for that I praise The Morrigan.

Tags: