Spirituality in the age of social media by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 08:28:55 pm]

Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[April 15, 2024, 03:15:33 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Author Topic: Lots of nightmares...Can't figure them out. :/  (Read 3010 times)

KittyVel

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Lots of nightmares...Can't figure them out. :/
« on: September 10, 2011, 05:34:22 pm »
I apologize if this is in the wrong place, but I'm really not sure of where it should go.  If the mods must move it, I apologize for the inconvenience.

So I've had LOTS of nightmares over the past few months, and these have stuck with me.  I feel like they mean something, but I'm not much of a dream interpreter...Help or suggestions would be appreciated.

I apologize in advance, this will be long.  The dreams will be in quotes.

First off, (and this is very relevant) I have no desire whatsoever to cheat on my boyfriend. I would never, ever do such a thing. I've been cheated on before, and I know how much it hurts and I would never want him to go through that pain, ESPECIALLY if I caused it.

Now, for the dream...It's very broken up now, but I'll try to recall as many details as I possibly can.

"In the dream, there was some sort of gathering going on at, I guess it was my grandparents' house (I've never seen it before, but my grandparents' seemed to be in charge of the place, so I'm assuming). I was taking a bath (wtf?) with this dude, and we started making out and got to second base before I stopped him. I got out, and he stayed. I went back to my room (which looked like my boyfriend's room), and noticed that I had a lot of missed texts. They were all from him. The first few were saying "I miss you babe" and "I love you so much" and things like that, then they gradually starting getting more apathetic, until the last one finally said "You're not having sex with that guy again, are you...?" I lied, saying "No, of course not! Why would I do that? You know I love you too much to do that to you." He stopped texting after that, and I got dressed and headed downstairs. Then there was a break in the dream, and the next thing I remember is me walking home by myself. I'm outside, and it's night time. This very tall (probably somewhere from 7-9 feet), black, wispy shadow figure was next to me. He had a deep male voice. I guess I was familiar with him or something, so I wasn't too bothered at first...Until for some reason I started getting really uncomfortable and started running. He chased after me, floating over the ground instead of running. He started screaming "You will never see the light! You will never see the light!"  I ran into the house, him still following me and screaming, and I started to scream at the top of my lungs saying "Fuck you, I will! I'll see the light!"
I ran through the dark part of the house into the kitchen, where there was just one light turned on, and my grandpa was preparing some food. I hid behind him, screaming and sobbing, and my dad came running in and I collapsed, still crying, holding onto his legs.  He asked me what was wrong, and I told him about what had been following me and what it had said.  He was holding me and comforting me, and my dog came to lick my face. I held tightly onto both of them. Then my mom screamed. We ran into the next room to see her running from the foot of the stairs.  My dad asked her what happened, and she said she had seen the same figure floating own the hall upstairs.  Then I woke up."

"I was with a group of small children, maybe 7 or 8 years old. There was a little girl with long, straight, blonde hair. She was wearing a light blue spring dress that went down to her knees. She had a white cast on her left foot, I can't remember what from though, or if I even knew in the dream at all. There was a little boy who had short-ish black hair, and he was ever so slightly chubby. There were a few other children too, but I can't remember anything about them. We were standing in the grass in a middle-upper class neighborhood, and across the street there was a two-story sky blue house. (Now that I think about it, that color was in the dream a lot...) We heard a siren coming from my right. There was a cop car driving really fast, but we couldn't see it over the hill. The black-haired boy, for one reason or another, dared the blonde girl to run across the street to the other side. I tried to stop her, but she didn't hear me, and all of the other kids were laughing. The cop car came up over the hill when she was about 3/4 of the way across, swerved, and ran over her. Not hit, RAN OVER. We ran to her, and somehow she was still alive, hyperventilating and crying. Her midsection was pretty much flattened, and blood started to seep through her dress, probably a lot brighter red than it should have been. I can't remember much detail after that, but I think she died.

Then there was a sudden change of circumstance and setting. I was sitting on a sofa watching tv. There was a show on that was similar to "1000 Ways to Die", but more serious. Some celebrity male (I have no idea who it was at this point, because I don't remember the names of actors...) was walking across a country road, with open grass fields on both sides. An 18-wheeler came over a hill from the right (oddly in a similar fashion to the cop car earlier in the dream) and slammed on the breaks. The front of the truck ran over him, and the trailer tipped and slid over him. His left hand was torn off at the wrist, his right arm at the elbow, and his left leg at just above the knee. His right leg was mangled. Then the tv show did something similar to what they do in "1000 Ways to Die", in that they did a sort of x-ray, slow-motion view of the body, describing what was going on in detail. And again, blood seeping through the abdominal area, a much brighter red than you would normally see."

"It was the middle of the night, and everyone was asleep. I woke up to a sound outside the house. (It was apparently our house, but it doesn't look like the one we actually live in...O_o) I listened for a few more moments, and I decided it sounded like a bunch of hooved animals running. There are deer that live around here, so it wasn't really alarming. But then I heard snarling, and struggling, and after a few moments of eerie silence, a pack of wolves begins to howl right in front of the house. It was very loud, and for some reason no one, not even the dogs, woke up. Needless to say, I was a bit freaked out. Once everything was quiet again for a few minutes, I decided to go outside and investigate. This is where it got really weird, and kinda freaked me out. I can still see the image clear as day in my head. I go out on the front porch, and scattered across the entire yard are bloody and mauled deer carcasses. Among them, there is a single doe still alive, calmly grazing between the bodies. There's blood around her eyes and dripping from her mouth, and some splattered on her body. She looked up at me, and I woke up."

"I was driving down an empty highway late at night.  I missed a turn, so decided to make a U-Turn.  There was a stoplight coming up, and suddenly there was a lot of traffic.  I made my U-Turn and almost went onto the wrong side of the road, but didn't.  Then I was alone on the road again.  I felt the car run over something that I couldn't see.  I backed up (for some reason), and a mangled wheelchair appeared in front of the car, and the bloody and broken body of a 30-ish year old man bounced up onto the hood.  His eyes and mouth were wide open and bloody, and he was staring right at me, and I could tell he was dead.  I freaked out, and sped away sobbing."

Yeah...lots of dreams about death and discouragement.  No wonder I'm always depressed and anxious...But could anyone tell me what these could mean?  Especially the one about people getting run over and the deer.  I can't figure those out for the life of me.  I'm getting tired of dreams like this though.
<3 Rest in peace, Christiana. I love you so much, and I miss you like crazy already. At least you\'re not hurting anymore...May you ascend. <3

KittyVel

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Lots of nightmares...Can't figure them out. :/
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 09:38:34 pm »
Quote from: KittyVel;18951
So I've had LOTS of nightmares over the past few months, and these have stuck with me.  I feel like they mean something, but I'm not much of a dream interpreter...Help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Please help me... :(
<3 Rest in peace, Christiana. I love you so much, and I miss you like crazy already. At least you\'re not hurting anymore...May you ascend. <3

Jubes

• Staff
  • Location: Overlooking the bottom of a lake and the beginning of a river....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 10:24:50 pm »
Quote from: KittyVel;18993
Please help me... :(

I'm  no expert but  have you started or stopped any  kind of  medication over the counter  or  prescription? If you have  check the side effects  of them, some  meds  can  bring on  nasty  nightmares. This is  just a suggestion thou.
Armed with  common sense and worldly ways.......

KittyVel

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 05:30:39 pm »
Quote from: Jubes;19001
I'm  no expert but  have you started or stopped any  kind of  medication over the counter  or  prescription? If you have  check the side effects  of them, some  meds  can  bring on  nasty  nightmares. This is  just a suggestion thou.

I was having these dreams before I got onto any new medications.  I got off of Seroquel partially because it made them worse.

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 07:11:10 pm »
But could anyone tell me what these could mean?  Especially the one about people getting run over and the deer.  I can't figure those out for the life of me.  I'm getting tired of dreams like this though.

I doubt they mean anything. They are probably based very loosely off of your worries and/or fears (perhaps even subconscious worries and fears), but they don't sound like dreams with a message to me.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Lecia Hale

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 08:48:09 pm »

Is there any chance you could be pregnant? You don't have to answer that, but I have noticed both times I was pregnant that I had both very erotic dreams and dreams with a lot of blood, probably both subconscious signals of things going on in my body while also a sign of hormonal changes. It could also be adolescence (sorry, don't know your age), medication, changes in diet, vitamin deficiency, or health problems that would affect your hormones.

Shadow figures could represent your shadow side and signal that there is a fear you haven't faced and need to.  Running from it will guarantee that you won't see the light, as it said.
Bedazzlecat who sucks at signatures...

KittyVel

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 11:26:05 pm »
Quote from: Lecia Hale;19163
Is there any chance you could be pregnant? You don't have to answer that, but I have noticed both times I was pregnant that I had both very erotic dreams and dreams with a lot of blood, probably both subconscious signals of things going on in my body while also a sign of hormonal changes. It could also be adolescence (sorry, don't know your age), medication, changes in diet, vitamin deficiency, or health problems that would affect your hormones.

Shadow figures could represent your shadow side and signal that there is a fear you haven't faced and need to.  Running from it will guarantee that you won't see the light, as it said.

There's probably a 2% chance that I could possibly be pregnant.  It's pretty unlikely.  I use two forms of birth control plus the "pull out method".  I'm 19, so I dunno about the adolescence part.  I've had no changes in diet, but I do have a lot of health problems.  I've always had nightmares, but they've gotten worse in the past 6 months or so, and I'm getting tired of it.

What makes me think they may mean something (whether simple or otherwise) is the recurring themes.  People getting run over and horrific death in all but I think one of the dreams.

BunnyMaz

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2011, 07:51:11 am »
Quote from: KittyVel;19197
There's probably a 2% chance that I could possibly be pregnant.  It's pretty unlikely.  I use two forms of birth control plus the "pull out method".  I'm 19, so I dunno about the adolescence part.  I've had no changes in diet, but I do have a lot of health problems.  I've always had nightmares, but they've gotten worse in the past 6 months or so, and I'm getting tired of it.

What makes me think they may mean something (whether simple or otherwise) is the recurring themes.  People getting run over and horrific death in all but I think one of the dreams.

Thing is, the meaning will be personal to you, if there is one.  Think of the type of dreams you normally have, think of what is going on in your life right now and think about what stresses, pressures and worries you have.  What is going on in the lives of your loved ones?  What changed in your life in the weeks/months before the dreams started?  What seems due to change?

What worries run through your head before you sleep?

HeartShadow

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flamekeeping.org
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2011, 10:17:21 am »
Quote from: KittyVel;19197

Honestly, to me it sounds like spinning out of control fears.

Which doesn't make it a *message* so much as your brain sending panic signals while sleeping and ending up with horrific imagery.  Do you have a history of anxiety/panic attacks?  Is something going on you find yourself obsessing over - like your health?

KittyVel

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2011, 02:16:35 pm »
Quote from: HeartShadow;19265
Honestly, to me it sounds like spinning out of control fears.

Which doesn't make it a *message* so much as your brain sending panic signals while sleeping and ending up with horrific imagery.  Do you have a history of anxiety/panic attacks?  Is something going on you find yourself obsessing over - like your health?

I have general anxiety disorder, and do have a history of panic attacks.  I obsess over just about anything and everything thanks to the anxiety and some OCD tendencies.

HeartShadow

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flamekeeping.org
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2011, 02:24:53 pm »
Quote from: KittyVel;19329
I have general anxiety disorder, and do have a history of panic attacks.  I obsess over just about anything and everything thanks to the anxiety and some OCD tendencies.

sounds like a bad anxiety spiral to me -- you're freaking out, so you're having nightmares, so you're freaking out ABOUT the nightmares ......

KittyVel

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2011, 02:52:27 pm »
Quote from: HeartShadow;19334
sounds like a bad anxiety spiral to me -- you're freaking out, so you're having nightmares, so you're freaking out ABOUT the nightmares ......

Quite possibly.  I tend to have problems with getting myself out of anxiety loops.

Wood Rose

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2011, 05:33:45 pm »
Quote from: HeartShadow;19334

I agree with this. I also happen to know for me that if I wake up or don't totaly get into REM sleep, I wake up with "nightmares". However, if I wake up after REM the nightmares are not there. It could also be that you are not getting into a deep enough sleep when the REM cycle begins and so remember REM dreams.

http://www.csun.edu/~vcpsy00h/students/dreams.htm

http://psych.ucsc.edu/dreams/FAQ/index.html  This one has some good answers to dreams.

Miss

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2011, 10:27:18 am »
Quote from: KittyVel;19338
Quite possibly.  I tend to have problems with getting myself out of anxiety loops.

You know, I've been with my husband for a long time and even I have fantasy dreams about other men. I'd never act on them, of course. I don't think it's all that uncommon! You can be with someone monogamously and still be attracted physically to other people.

Wise words once spoken to me,"Just because people admire the Grand Canyon, doesn't mean everyone wants to move there."

I can also relate to the gruesome dream with the little girl. I used to have a lot of vivid and violent dreams,too. This mainly occurred during a very stressed out period of my life. I still can't go to sleep stressed, and if I am I have to do some calming deep-breathing meditation beforehand.

I hope you feel better soon! There's a lot of material on how to access your subconscious for self-help. I've been looking into those myself.

Tags: