Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Are there women who work primarily with a male deity?  (Read 13594 times)

hraefngar

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
  • Religion: eclectic pagan
Re: Are there women who work primarily with a male deity?
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2017, 12:11:52 am »
Quote from: Zephyrine;183152
I know Hecate, Isis, Bridget etc are popular deities for all Pagans -- particularly women. Are there any women who work to a significant degree with male deities?

I know plenty of Heathen women called to Odin. If they are into magic and/or some kind of art, he seems to make a point to recruit them.

MadeiraDarling

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2017, 06:28:59 pm »
I know Hecate, Isis, Bridget etc are popular deities for all Pagans -- particularly women. Are there any women who work to a significant degree with male deities?

I'm genderfluid but feminine presenting and Dionysus is a really big deal for me.

Cinder

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2017, 07:37:34 pm »

At the moment I work mostly with Heru-wer and Osiris, and I plan on actively working with Manannan mac Lir as soon as I can find the spoons to properly do so.

There's many reasons I can throw out there as to why I've worked mainly with males thus far. I don't think it's necessarily one (or any) of them, but perhaps someone will read my post and relate, so I'll share them.

I was always much closer to my father and my mother, but either due to family dynamics- or something inherent in my personality- I've always yearned for male attention and guidance. I'm not proud to say this, but it's a fact.

Even as a child I was much more interested in male gods then female ones. And my most recent effort to connect with a female deity (Hethert) didn't really... go that well? I know no news is often good news when it comes to deities, but it just felt like She was completely neutral about me approaching Her. Like a cosmic shrug, haha.

Hrútsvinr

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Torch and Hailstone
  • Religion: Norse/Slavic Polytheism
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2017, 04:30:53 am »

Not by design, but all the deities I've worked with closely have only been male. Maybe this is because of internalised misogyny in my part (I'm working on it). But I don't really think that deities have genders, anyway, at least not the way we think of gender. In terms of their representations/manifestations for us humans, though, yeah...only worked with male deities.

I'd like to establish a connection with Skadi, though.

Perhaps the focus on goddess worship is more of a Wiccan/Neowiccan thing, though I can't speak to that.

Tags: