Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: So Far No One's Been Hurt  (Read 2830 times)

Materialist

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
So Far No One's Been Hurt
« on: November 25, 2015, 01:28:04 pm »
For those of you not in Illinois, you may not have heard about Laquan McDonald, a 17-year old black man shot 16 times in the back last year in Chicago. Cameras in police cars caught the entire incident, but judges, lawyers and the mayor kept it under lock and key because of fear it would "break the city." A journalist filed a freedom of information act and the footage was released last night.

Knowing it was coming reminded me of the scene from V for Vendetta when the detective asks the sunset on the eve of Guy Fawkes' Day "are we ready for it?" The entire police force has been put on riot duty for the rest of the week, and protests blocked many streets the minute the video was released, but so far there has been no violence, everyone's been peaceful. I hope it remains that way.

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
Re: So Far No One's Been Hurt
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 03:28:24 pm »
Quote from: Materialist;182776
Knowing it was coming reminded me of the scene from V for Vendetta when the detective asks the sunset on the eve of Guy Fawkes' Day "are we ready for it?" The entire police force has been put on riot duty for the rest of the week, and protests blocked many streets the minute the video was released, but so far there has been no violence, everyone's been peaceful. I hope it remains that way.

What disgusts me are the right winger pundits trying to justify the police officer putting sixteen bullets in the victim, most after he was down. Watch the officer get a not guilty verdict. :(
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Materialist

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 03:55:11 pm »
Quote from: RandallS;182782
What disgusts me are the right winger pundits trying to justify the police officer putting sixteen bullets in the victim, most after he was down.

The really disgusting part was when the officer reloaded his pistol after emptying the clip. But this man has received 17 complaints of excessive use of force from civilians over the years and I think the chiefs have reached their limit of trying to clean up his messes.

But if "probable cause" wins...then I think there will be a riot.

sailor

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2015, 09:04:47 am »
Quote from: RandallS;182782
What disgusts me are the right winger pundits trying to justify the police officer putting sixteen bullets in the victim, most after he was down. Watch the officer get a not guilty verdict. :(

You must know different ones than I do.   Analysis I saw said first two shots put him down and were a good shoot. Next 14, not needed and will land him in trouble.  Almost a pity though that lessor charges is an option - there is no way that murder one is going to fly.

Tags: