Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 04:12:49 pm]

"Christ Is King" by Altair
[Today at 01:09:34 am]

Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Author Topic: 30 Days of Magic: Pagan Challenge Meme  (Read 4000 times)

PetitAlbert

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
30 Days of Magic: Pagan Challenge Meme
« on: November 17, 2015, 09:40:13 am »
Hello!

30 Days of Magic is a challenge meme.

It challenges you to pick any Pagan topic, and spend 30 days focused on learning about it. Then it challenges you to write an essay, perform a ritual, create an artpiece to practice what you have learned.

Why?
For beginners, it’s easy to become overwhelmed by information out there; for experienced witches, it’s easy to stop learning, or even to learn a lot but never *do* anything.

This method really helped me structure my learning better, so now I want to invite others to join it in case it's helpful to them too.

What are the benefits of joining?
30 days is the perfect amount of time to establish a new habit - for example, meditating each day. Challenging yourself to go out there and read all the things, and then most importantly, not just reblogging stuff but using what you found is a great way to learn.

• All students of the challenge are linked to and promoted from the challenge blog.
  • Do your 30 days? Your blog will be enshrined on the graduates scroll for all time, to celebrate your success and so that other students can learn from your notes. You also get a symbolic reward ^_^
  • Everyone has something to teach and something to learn.
  • You learn better when you have announced to everyone that you are learning a thing; when you have set a goal, and broken it down into smaller steps.
  • A long-term goal is to have snail-mail swaps and skype meetups.
  • Contribute articles to the library, and place whatever you like at the communal shrine.
  • An alternative to real world pagan communities for people who are scared of leaving the house. An alternative to paying $9.99 per module for a witch school.

>>JOIN HERE<<

Who can join?
Everyone is welcome!Anyone on a pagan, magical, or even generally spiritual path. Beginners, experienced people. People from any path. We’ve all got something to teach.

How do I join/what do I do?
All the information is here. Don’t worry, it’s super casual. No entrance requirements. You set your own study program. You set your goal. You blog about it, or not if you prefer. You can even do the challenge without telling me - I just thought the idea of creating a network was fun ^_^

Questions?
Feel free to ask 'em here :)
"We all have something to learn, and something to teach."
30 Days of Magic: take the challenge now!

Petit Albert: This witch\'s blog
Book of Protective Magic by Albert - free 20 page bookzine download

Floofy Bunny

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 30 Days of Magic: Pagan Challenge Meme
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 11:17:49 am »
Quote from: PetitAlbert;182359
Hello!

It challenges you to pick any Pagan topic, and spend 30 days focused on learning about it. Then it challenges you to write an essay, perform a ritual, create an artpiece to practice what you have learned.

Why?
For beginners, it’s easy to become overwhelmed by information out there; for experienced witches, it’s easy to stop learning, or even to learn a lot but never *do* anything.

This method really helped me structure my learning better, so now I want to invite others to join it in case it's helpful to them too.

30 days is the perfect amount of time to establish a new habit - for example, meditating each day. Challenging yourself to go out there and read all the things, and then most importantly, not just reblogging stuff but using what you found is a great way to learn.

• All students of the challenge are linked to and promoted from the challenge blog.
  • Do your 30 days? Your blog will be enshrined on the graduates scroll for all time, to celebrate your success and so that other students can learn from your notes. You also get a symbolic reward ^_^
  • You learn better when you have announced to everyone that you are learning a thing; when you have set a goal, and broken it down into smaller steps.
  • Contribute articles to the library, and place whatever you like at the communal shrine.
  • An alternative to real world pagan communities for people who are scared of leaving the house. An alternative to paying $9.99 per module for a witch school.

>>JOIN HERE<<

Who can join?
Everyone is welcome!Anyone on a pagan, magical, or even generally spiritual path. Beginners, experienced people. People from any path. We’ve all got something to teach.

All the information is here. Don’t worry, it’s super casual. No entrance requirements. You set your own study program. You set your goal. You blog about it, or not if you prefer. You can even do the challenge without telling me - I just thought the idea of creating a network was fun ^_^

Questions?

This looks really cool, looking into it!

other-wise

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 11:39:53 am »
Hello!

This sounds great! Perfect excuse to really dig into an aspect of witchcraft and actually write about my experience with it (which I haven't done in quite a while). Now I'll just have to decide on my topic...

MeadowRae

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pantheist Pagan Witch with Celtic Leanings
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/He/She
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 09:32:59 pm »
Hello!

Why?

>>JOIN HERE<<

Who can join?

Questions?

This looks like just what I need to do! Thank you for sharing it with us. :)
The genderqueer witch your mother warned you about

Night Owl

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 01:30:32 am »
Hello!

This is such a cool idea. I'm making a pagan tumblr specifically so I can do this meme when I get the time. :)

PetitAlbert

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2015, 02:25:09 pm »
Quote from: Floofy Bunny;182366
This looks really cool, looking into it!

Thank you ^_^ I've found it's helped me, at least.

Quote from: other-wise;182370
This sounds great! Perfect excuse to really dig into an aspect of witchcraft and actually write about my experience with it (which I haven't done in quite a while). Now I'll just have to decide on my topic...

I made a list of sample ideas here - does one of those catch your eye?

Quote from: Night Owl;182448
This is such a cool idea. I'm making a pagan tumblr specifically so I can do this meme when I get the time. :)

Cheers ^_^ It'll be good to see you there. I hope that in the new year, I'll actually be able to send little rewards in the post to people who complete a study course - I have a couple of small ideas.
"We all have something to learn, and something to teach."
30 Days of Magic: take the challenge now!

Petit Albert: This witch\'s blog
Book of Protective Magic by Albert - free 20 page bookzine download

Tags: