Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Family: I've been reading lately about people who identify as Triple A or Triple ACE  (Read 3282 times)

PrincessKLS

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: goddess worship grey, folk magick, hoodoo inspired.
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Meaning they identify as Agender, Aromantic, and Asexual. Now it seems that most asexual are littered around on the spectrum because of them have a specific gender identity and/or romantic identity or even gray A but it seems so rare to come across people that basically seem to have broken free from our typical social norms and constructions. Those are the Triple A's or Triple Aces. I do wonder what the statistics are for all types of asexual identities. I would imagine Triple Ace would be like .1% of the population.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 01:17:45 pm by RandallS »
PrincessKLS

HarpingHawke

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: shapeshifting, witchery, polytheism. under endless construction.
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Quote from: PrincessKLS;182339
Meaning they identify as Agender, Aromantic, and Asexual. Now it seems that most asexual are littered around on the spectrum because of them have a specific gender identity and/or romantic identity or even gray A but it seems so rare to come across people that basically seem to have broken free from our typical social norms and constructions. Those are the Triple A's or Triple Aces. I do wonder what the statistics are for all types of asexual identities. I would imagine Triple Ace would be like .1% of the population.

Would you mind clarifying what you mean? I'll be more specific below:

Now it seems that most asexual are littered around on the spectrum

What spectrum are you talking about?

Now it seems that most asexual are littered around on the spectrum because of them have a specific gender identity and/or romantic identity or even gray A

Does this statement equate gender, sexual orientation, and romantic orientation? Because while that's an easy mistake to make, it's not accurate. There is no one spectrum for aro/ace/agender.

but it seems so rare to come across people that basically seem to have broken free from our typical social norms and constructions.

Something's bugging me here. Possibly that you seem to be taking "social construct" to mean "does not exist/is the bulk of identity." You might not be, but that's how I'm reading your statement.

Or, to rephrase: one can break free of a social construct, but an identity they've taken on for themself is...not something to break free of?

Thanks in advance for your clarification!
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Hemingway

Faemon

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Quote from: PrincessKLS;182339
it seems so rare to come across people that basically seem to have broken free from our typical social norms and constructions. Those are the Triple A's or Triple Aces.

I do wonder what the statistics are for all types of asexual identities. I would imagine Triple Ace would be like .1% of the population.

Even those statistics would rely on an unspoken understanding of typical social norms and constructions. I don't believe this is a matter of science, but identity politics and personal interaction: if anybody says that they're triple A, we should believe them and support them.

One might have a wee bit of "shade" to throw from the hind-mind, like convincing such an individual that they really mean that they're celibate, or that social conditioning has really done a number on them and they're so repressed that even they don't know it, or that their identification as ace is harshing the mellow of people who struggle with feeling sexuality at all...but that would just be wrong, even if one is later "proven" right.

We've got to trust that everybody is the best authority of their own life experience.
The Codex of Poesy: wishcraft, faelatry, alchemy, and other slight misspellings.
the Otherfaith: Chromatic Genderbending Faery Monarchs of Technology. DeviantArt

HarpingHawke

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: shapeshifting, witchery, polytheism. under endless construction.
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Quote from: Faemon;182344

We've got to trust that everybody is the best authority of their own life experience.

Thisthisthisthisthis to the moon.

Also, do you mind if I stick that in my signature, with credit of course?
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Hemingway

Faemon

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Quote from: HarpingHawke;182347

Thisthisthisthisthis to the moon.

Also, do you mind if I stick that in my signature, with credit of course?

Go ahead! :) It's not mine, though. I might be paraphrasing Melissa McEwan but I'm not sure.
The Codex of Poesy: wishcraft, faelatry, alchemy, and other slight misspellings.
the Otherfaith: Chromatic Genderbending Faery Monarchs of Technology. DeviantArt

Tags: