Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Planeswalker/Hedgewalker questions  (Read 3855 times)

RedFawx33

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Planeswalker/Hedgewalker questions
« on: November 10, 2015, 09:56:32 pm »
Well, I swore to myself I would not be posting for a while, but here I am.

This has plagued me for many years, and after a talk with a local Pagan group of miscellaneous alignments, I figure it's time to ask about it to a more broad people base.

I have a gift, an ability, a problem. I don't live in this world alone. In fact, I'm pretty sure this isn't my first one. I have what I call a "multiverse problem." You see, I live in multiple worlds or planes at a time, (varying between 5 and 25 on average) and have full cognition, sight, hearing, ability, memory, etc. I've lived in more worlds than I can count. No, I am NOT talking about daydreaming or fantasies. I LIVE there, wherever "there" is.

Me "leaving" is a perceptual thing. I don't actually leave a world physically once I enter it for the first time. It goes on pause, just stasis. On great occasion, time will pass wherever I was and when I return, it can be weeks, months, or years later. (Yes, this has happened here, too)

I used to think I was borderline insane, until this year when I found others who have walked between planes. The weirdest part of it is, I have been able to visit some of their planes and tell them things that only they knew. Languages, places, beings, historical events, etc. This world has been the only one to try and keep me in one place, the only one to be scared of me leaving.

Another odddity is that this world isn't the first I have lived in. I came to this world at age 6, when I got my first animal companion. (As far as my memory serves anyways) I had already lived two other lives in other worlds. One place, (my first world and whose name I am forbidden to speak) was where I learned Dahlan Elvish (my first language, even in other worlds) and magic. I learned sword, dagger, and bow there, along with most of my ranger and rogue training. I came to this world with pre-existing knowledge about things a 6 year old would have no ability to know. (Plants, animals, mechanical engineering, humanoid physiology, etc.) I was only about 80 years old when I left the First World. (A very young and foolish Elf, not even old enough to marry yet) I toyed with leaving temporarily for about 20 years before deciding to do it. Now, I live there, here, and two others nearly continuously, with the remainders cycling through. (I spent much more time in the second world, purely because of duty. Although I always missed "home")

Traveling between worlds is so easy, I honestly don't know how I do it anymore. Through meditation, I can access the "Elder Pantheon" (as I know it. A place between all worlds) and I can see all of the worlds I have ever traveled at once. On the other side of that view is the Void, a place of nonexistence and infinity.

I don't understand why I can do this, or how. I know it has to be real in some form, because how else (at the very least) could I visit other  people's worlds and tell them things only they or a group knew? I've been on more psychiatric medications than I've eaten types of food it seems, and the multiverse never leaves. I never "wake up" or anything. I live in a multiverse, all the time.

My Wife, whose world I can visit as well, (she just calls it the "astral" loosely, although her world has its own name in its own language) suggested the term "hedgewalker" to me. Supposedly, I would have been a shaman in ancient times, bringing knowledge to the people that they otherwise could not obtain. That's all fine and good, but what does it mean for me in today's world? The most it's gotten me is a plethora of novels to write, all of which are just historical accounts from my lives.

Has anyone ever heard of anything like this in anything? I don't care if it's books, personal experiences, research papers, etc. I just need answers. I'm not afraid it's a lie or dream. I just want to know if I'm the only one.
"Ah\'Roun, Tara, Kein, Mi-El..."
-Dahlan Meditation Chant

RedFawx33

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Planeswalker/Hedgewalker questions
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 10:02:24 pm »
Quote from: RedFawx33;182174

I realized after hitting the post button that I may be in the wrong forum page. My browser on my phone is very shoddy, to say the least. I apologize in advance for this probable mistake. The "paranormal" page is probably best, and was what I intended to post this to from the start.
-Dahlan Meditation Chant

catonmyshirt

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 12:24:27 am »
Quote from: RedFawx33;182175
The "paranormal" page is probably best, and was what I intended to post this to from the start.

I oftentimes experience something similar. My travels are most vivid when I sleep, but I can leap from place to place if I can put myself into a solid trance. It's not lucid dreaming, I've looked through a ton of resources on that.
I remember doing it frequently as a child, but I 'grew out of it' as I got older, based on what my parents and other adult figures told me. The skill started coming back to me in the last two years or so, and even then I haven't started to pay attention to it up until the last 10 or so months. I'm still trying to get my footing. It's rough sometimes.
I've never been gone for more than a few hours, and I haven't started counting how many worlds I've been to. But I know I don't live in all of them, just a few. I am just visiting most of the other ones, and I think I'm supposed to help them when I'm there?
It sounds like you have a LOT more experience than I do! If I find any good books on the topic I'll be sure to let you know. Hunting them down has become a hobby of mine recently. :)

P.s.- If you have any advice for a newbie like me, I'd really appreciate it and would be most grateful!

Hildebrand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 09:21:29 am »
I realized after hitting the post button that I may be in the wrong forum page. My browser on my phone is very shoddy, to say the least. I apologize in advance for this probable mistake. The "paranormal" page is probably best, and was what I intended to post this to from the start.

I have something similar-nowhere near as involved as your original post but still odd.

I remember very plainly several things in my life that never happened-and they are absolute memories, not dreams-memories and I they have remained with me my whole life. Glimpses, and nothing too dramatic.

However- I do have a very clear 'second' reality dream that I used to borrow my dad's motorcycle to drive to college-which would never happen cause I am not a fan of motorcycles for one and also cause my dad didn't have a motorcycle in that time period. What is even stranger is that my mom has the EXACT same memory.

My dad died ten years ago so I can't talk to him about it and I didn't bring it up at all til after his death when my mom and I were talking about him.
Anyway, yeah I see it as being one of those multiverse things we may not be able sort out without a lot of study in quantum realities and such :)

Faemon

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2015, 12:21:44 pm »
I live in multiple worlds or planes at a time, (varying between 5 and 25 on average) and have full cognition, sight, hearing, ability, memory, etc. I've lived in more worlds than I can count. No, I am NOT talking about daydreaming or fantasies. I LIVE there, wherever "there" is.

Me "leaving" is a perceptual thing. I don't actually leave a world physically once I enter it for the first time. It goes on pause, just stasis. On great occasion, time will pass wherever I was and when I return, it can be weeks, months, or years later. (Yes, this has happened here, too)

I used to think I was borderline insane, until this year when I found others who have walked between planes. The weirdest part of it is, I have been able to visit some of their planes and tell them things that only they knew. Languages, places, beings, historical events, etc. This world has been the only one to try and keep me in one place, the only one to be scared of me leaving.

I don't understand why I can do this, or how. I know it has to be real in some form, because how else (at the very least) could I visit other  people's worlds and tell them things only they or a group knew? I've been on more psychiatric medications than I've eaten types of food it seems, and the multiverse never leaves. I never "wake up" or anything. I live in a multiverse, all the time.

My Wife, whose world I can visit as well, (she just calls it the "astral" loosely, although her world has its own name in its own language) suggested the term "hedgewalker" to me.

While your testimony is fascinating, you posit a lot of conclusions, which is all well and good if that works for you and other people you've met. But if I can't see where you're coming from then I can't meet you there.

The way I understood, you have chronological memories that begin with growing up in Dahl either in a body of (or acculturated to living as) an Elf. At the age of six years, according to these memories, you visited a world full of humans, in an English-communicating location with internet access. At the age of sixty years and eighty years, you made and enacted a decision pertaining to your personal position of these parallel lives.

First, why Elf? Where did that word come from? You speak of companions who agree to the categorization of these as worlds, but each has "its own name in its own language" so then how did you come to that yours was Dahlan, spelled-and-pronounced like so? Are these spoken languages? Written languages? Signed languagea? Telepathic and empathic languages, that must be transliterated, translated, and then glossed? How did you come to describe the physiology of people as "humanoid"--why not describe humans as "elfinoid"?

Why ranger, why rogue, and why low-tech daggers and archery if you study magic? I caught this topic after returning from a lecture where the professor kicked Platonic philosophy aside and described a chair as a construct created by embodiment, enactment, and articulation: there isn't (in the professor's discipline) some Platonic essence of a chair; we learn to chair that chairness through our relationship and society. So...same with the dagger. I comprehend a dagger only because of meanings generated by the context of this world, this life, with materials, with structures, with functions, and this language, and that vocabulary word that has its own etymology and ways of being transmitted (through sounds, or through symbols such as the Latin alphabet.) What is a dagger in another world, really? If your approach to that is more Platonic, that's fair, but I'm out of that paradigm right now.

And why is the name of this other world "forbidden to speak"? As you describe it, communicate it, then forbidding to speak its name merely creates a vacuum in the conversation where some referent or other ought to be. I used to appreciate names as a way, metaphorically, to make the map as accurate as the territory; now a name to me is only a category--and maybe there's some definitive enough and constant enough connection with the thing itself to make it worthy of the name "name" rather than "label" that can be mislabeled, and maybe that serves as a point of access that threatens the integrity of that which is categorized or defined. But from now on I name that world Tubso, only because whoever forbade you is an annoyance to me.

And then, what is the given value of one year? What are the conditions for the passage of time, or at least how to observe such a thing? Even on earth, there's a big difference between the Lunar and Gregorian calendar, a major earthquake could nudge the planet enough to make the next leap year a whole minute late, and we had a very different understanding for why a year is as long as it is because we didn't all know the nature of our planet and its position in a planetary system. So, how long is six years in an Elvish body, and how did the cultural constructs say that was it? Are the very physics, not only physicality, similar in Dahlan-speaking Tubso in that time slows down for any object or being that is in motion in Tubso itself, or is that a peculiarity of the human world? Maybe we can get that straight before trying to juggle the temporal relations.

Traveling between worlds is so easy, I honestly don't know how I do it anymore. Through meditation, I can access the "Elder Pantheon" (as I know it. A place between all worlds) and I can see all of the worlds I have ever traveled at once. On the other side of that view is the Void, a place of nonexistence and infinity.

Has anyone ever heard of anything like this in anything? I don't care if it's books, personal experiences, research papers, etc. I just need answers. I'm not afraid it's a lie or dream. I just want to know if I'm the only one.

Through meditation, I was able to generate what Robert Monroe called an "out-of-body experience". I identified a lot with this body in this world, the same one I'm using to type, even though I'd picked up on theories that humans have multiple bodies: soul, spirit, something like that.

I had read a lot about what it would be like, and much of it made sense: being able to see all eight corners of a usually boxy sort of room, for instance. That everything would appear to be illuminated from within rather than from a light source, for another instance.

But when I achieved an out-of-body experience (standard: spatial/visual/tactile/auditory data) I retained a human body, four limbs, clothes--different ones than I wore on the way out--tunnel vision, and inability to see when it got dark even though I didn't technically have eyeballs and optic nerves and brain tissue to parse visual data. That didn't make sense.

Neither did the spatial values remaining more or less the same, because it shouldn't have been physical, but an awful lot of that experience was close enough to the physical without being physical.

I began to live in two worlds, then, even though one of those worlds was more of an overlay than a world of its own. The more I thought about it, it would really be three worlds, perhaps four: the corporeal (or physical), the cultural and conceptual world (such as the "coldness" that comes off from somebody you've misspoken to--that has nothing to do with temperature, but this can otherwise be corroborated), and the spiritual overlayer that can not be commonly corroborated with either physical cause or cultural norms. I'd been told that this is the world I enter during an out-of-body experience, but I'd categorize it differently when I'm in body or out-of-body.

Once that was in place, then it stood to reason that I retroactively made it out that I'd lived my life in a number of parallel worlds all along. The way I describe the experience (the data) through which Other Worlds can be interpreted and codified then changes according to the interpretation/codification.

When I opened up to practicing meditation methods involving what I name an Imagination Construct Interface...well, then it gets weirder. I've led other lives completely removed from this one, interacted with people not of the world from which I type this, and changed paradigms between psychological and paranormal so often that I might as well install a revolving door.

I would have been a shaman in ancient times, bringing knowledge to the people that they otherwise could not obtain. That's all fine and good, but what does it mean for me in today's world? The most it's gotten me is a plethora of novels to write, all of which are just historical accounts from my lives.

I've wondered that, too. Can I volunteer for all those militarized psychic training facilities that conspiracy theorists believe is serious despite the lampooning of The Men Who Stare At Goats? I can't even get the playing cards on top of the bookshelf right. Shall I try to channel Fermi's Last Theorem? My incorporeal friends are generally smarter than me, but either they're not interested in that or they don't like explaining.

I find novels the best option, too; but the life lived is not the history written. What an author believes and has experienced will find a way into the work somehow, but fiction must make sense when the truth often doesn't. At least, that's what I've discovered from trying to write stuff inspired from woo, and I've just got to trust that it gets through to readers in the way that they need, at the levels that they need.
The Codex of Poesy: wishcraft, faelatry, alchemy, and other slight misspellings.
the Otherfaith: Chromatic Genderbending Faery Monarchs of Technology. DeviantArt

RedFawx33

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2015, 12:23:48 pm »
Quote from: catonmyshirt;182180
I oftentimes experience something similar. My travels are most vivid when I sleep, but I can leap from place to place if I can put myself into a solid trance. It's not lucid dreaming, I've looked through a ton of resources on that.
I remember doing it frequently as a child, but I 'grew out of it' as I got older, based on what my parents and other adult figures told me. The skill started coming back to me in the last two years or so, and even then I haven't started to pay attention to it up until the last 10 or so months. I'm still trying to get my footing. It's rough sometimes.
I've never been gone for more than a few hours, and I haven't started counting how many worlds I've been to. But I know I don't live in all of them, just a few. I am just visiting most of the other ones, and I think I'm supposed to help them when I'm there?
It sounds like you have a LOT more experience than I do! If I find any good books on the topic I'll be sure to let you know. Hunting them down has become a hobby of mine recently. :)

P.s.- If you have any advice for a newbie like me, I'd really appreciate it and would be most grateful!

Help for the newbie? Gladly!

The first and most important thing is to just let it be comfortable and natural feeling. I've fought it before, (trying to guide it, or trying to not travel there) and it only made things chaotic then and difficult later.

Meditation helps! But nothing guided. I use a method I loosely call "system overfocus." It works like this: The human body and mind can usually only focus or cognitively comprehend two or maybe three senses at once. (Theories of prehistoric development abound as to why) To start, I will lay or sit down comfortably in a darker room and begin by just breathing. Then, I consciously focus on all of my senses at once. All forms of perception I can in this (and for me, all the others if I can) plane are  being fully comprehend and experienced. It overloads my system and causes a "reset" of sorts, and that allows me to travel to the "Elder Pantheon," as I call it. That place is like no other, so I need to be well rested before attempting. Falling asleep is normal on occasion. It's exhausting work. But staying with it and conscious can lead to travel. (For me at least.) Coming back is as simple as attempting to pick a plane and go there. Although, it's not that easy. Sometimes a plane won't let you in, and you can become lost if you don't pay attention and remain flexible. (Getting thrown into a random plane is no fun when you have never been there)

Apart from that, it's a lot of natural ability. And as always, practice, practice, PRACTICE!

There's a good indicator of the validity of your traveling as well. Are the experiences like dreams? Or memories and lifetimes? Dreams can be changed, influenced, and can give you premonitions of what's next. Also, physics don't seem to apply so well. Travels are just as concrete and limiting as this plane, sometimes more. Having new or different abilities is normal, but it would be as if you just left here and went there. This world has limits, and so do those. (Usually)

A very loose rule of thumb is: If a character from Starwars or LoTR, or a videogamer you may know would say it's impossible, it's best to be a little skeptical. Never take anything you get there for fact or granted when you start in a new plane. There are shadows in everyone's mind, and darkness in all worlds that only wishes to destroy. You can die there. So don't let your guard down. Dying there doesn't mean dying in all worlds. Sometimes it just seals that world off, sometimes a cluster of them. The only time they all leave and it goes black is when I have been in a coma in various worlds. When I'm in a coma, its all dark to me, regardless of the world it is.

As far as purpose goes, there is no set purpose in any world that applies to all the rest. In one world, I was a commoner turned warrior. In another, I was the highest ranking officer in an entire armada of starships. In yet another, I was a scientist in a dying world. In some, I am like a spectre, able to talk to some, but formless, sentenced to watch and guide. Even with all of those supposedly "wonderful" jobs, in most of the worlds, I am just a "nobody." I'm just a person that just has to live life and survive.

Go into this expecting no glory. You may just end up a farmer in a little village with no military protection during a war and watch your home be burnt to the ground. I'm still looking for my Wife there, but that body is rather old, so I don't think I will ever find her. Besides, the Krengish Army isn't known for kindness.
-Dahlan Meditation Chant

RedFawx33

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 12:41:39 pm »
Quote from: Faemon;182194
While your testimony is fascinating, you posit a lot of conclusions, which is all well and good if that works for you and other people you've met. But if I can't see where you're coming from then I can't meet you there.

I understand your situation on this. It seems my timelines have been largely misinterpreted. English isn't my first language, so the linguistic constructs are different. I will be at a local library later today with access to an actual computer, and will gladly post a full explanation then. Currently, all I have is my phone, and the browser on it is junk with this site.

Just so it's understood, I take no offense to any of this, and welcome the discussion.
-Dahlan Meditation Chant

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2015, 08:45:38 pm »

That makes sense; I've moved it to the Paranormal Phenomena forum.

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

RedFawx33

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2015, 11:49:55 am »
Quote from: RedFawx33;182197
I will be at a local library later today with access to an actual computer, and will gladly post a full explanation then. Currently, all I have is my phone, and the browser on it is junk with this site.

I will start by apologizing for not posting anything yet. I've attached a picture for as to why.

I opened my Wife's laptop and found this. We've been trying to figure out a solution. So, Internet is a bit hard to do as of now.

As soon as possible, I will post.
-Dahlan Meditation Chant

KrvZk

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2016, 12:18:04 pm »

This has plagued me for many years, and after a talk with a local Pagan group of miscellaneous alignments, I figure it's time to ask about it to a more broad people base.

I have a gift, an ability, a problem. I don't live in this world alone. In fact, I'm pretty sure this isn't my first one. I have what I call a "multiverse problem." You see, I live in multiple worlds or planes at a time, (varying between 5 and 25 on average) and have full cognition, sight, hearing, ability, memory, etc. I've lived in more worlds than I can count. No, I am NOT talking about daydreaming or fantasies. I LIVE there, wherever "there" is.

Another odddity is that this world isn't the first I have lived in. I came to this world at age 6, when I got my first animal companion. (As far as my memory serves anyways) I had already lived two other lives in other worlds. One place, (my first world and whose name I am forbidden to speak) was where I learned Dahlan Elvish (my first language, even in other worlds) and magic. I learned sword, dagger, and bow there, along with most of my ranger and rogue training. I came to this world with pre-existing knowledge about things a 6 year old would have no ability to know. (Plants, animals, mechanical engineering, humanoid physiology, etc.) I was only about 80 years old when I left the First World. (A very young and foolish Elf, not even old enough to marry yet) I toyed with leaving temporarily for about 20 years before deciding to do it. Now, I live there, here, and two others nearly continuously, with the remainders cycling through. (I spent much more time in the second world, purely because of duty. Although I always missed "home")

My Wife, whose world I can visit as well, (she just calls it the "astral" loosely, although her world has its own name in its own language) suggested the term "hedgewalker" to me. Supposedly, I would have been a shaman in ancient times, bringing knowledge to the people that they otherwise could not obtain. That's all fine and good, but what does it mean for me in today's world? The most it's gotten me is a plethora of novels to write, all of which are just historical accounts from my lives.

I was around 17 when I saw the IFC short film of astral projection. I instantly wanted to do that if it was real. It took about five years and luckily one day I woke up five hours before worktime instead of 20 minutes so I had time to stay laying in bed like it was the weekend still. I sorta realized that my mind had been blank of random thoughts and wondered if I was just going to get a few more hours of sleep.

Then an unusual charge in the back of my head made me wonder how I could have had my foot fall to sleep and bother my head like that. I realized this electrical energy was not from limb falling asleep. I kept my eyes closed and have had experience by then with feelings from plants and sneezes and standing up too fast all of a sudden that I focused on letting this vibration build and then as it peaked, I focused on super powering it.

I felt my cranium stem become pure energy and without using my body I swung myself into that and knew something weird was happening. I was still rotating the direction I swung myself towards and I was going upwards too.. My bed was right next to the wall.

My head and shoulders would be hanging out the house where if I would have opened my eyes and looked that direction, the porch and front door would have been visible. I didn't want to open my eyes until I was sure that my head was at the foot of the bed so I wouldn't get trapped in the wall but also had to open them before I raised all the way to the ceiling and get stuck there.

I opened my eyes and the ceiling was not within finger grasp yet. I decided to not look at the bed where I should have been laying. I let myself finish raising towards the ceiling and stopped rotating so my feet wouldn't get stuck in the wall. I was excited that I finaly was given the opportunity to go astral.

When I was close enough I leaned up a bit and decided to push my fingers through the ceiling. It worked and I grabbed hold and puleed myself through and closed my eyes like it was jumping in water so they wouldn't get hurt by debris. I got my head through then just like grabbing a rope in water, I pulled fast and drifted rest of the way through. I opened my eyes and was disappointed instantly.

I couldn't see but realized I could see me and like static compared to tv static. It went on infinitely. I tried to memorize my spot and then went in a straight line gliding through this thing that was worse to me than the void I had gotten sucked into during a lucid dream a few months earlier.

All these things are similar to yours except every time I have had the opportunity to get out of my body, I end up in a similar plane but they're always much bigger going one direction or another. Then lots of times it's hard to keep my astral eyes open to see which starts to waken me and I can feel my body trying to snap me back in.

Sometimes I make it outside and I instantly have winter coat on and hood is up with snow around. I look around for interestingbthings to do. Ironically I make it and I don't have a clue of how to spend my time here best before I get yanked out. Usually ends with me sensing myself in bed and if I still feel any tingles I have half a chance to jump right back out but end up on another different plane again.

If I lay there and know it's useless, moment has passed, I'll sit up in a certain way that I know regular Earth gravity doesn't allow. A couple times that's gotten me out enough to know I'm still projecting but this plane is smaller than the jolt version that make my room look way wider than real world's dimensions would curve.

So that first time when I crawled through the ceiling to get stuck in the bright blinding static space, I decided to try and start over cause I couldn't figure out how to get through this plane's borders. I just let my self go and snapped like a slingshot to my fully tingling neck again and threw myself upwards instead of sideways.

Opened my eyes and lofted towards the foot of the bed. After exploring I found a door that the house Didn't really have. I went outside and it was utopian. Sidewalk style walkway that was about as wide as a freeway because the portion that would have been the median, there were fountains a couple stories tall, made of the same kind of concrete the sidewalk was. There were fountains spaced along both directions equidistance apart. There were people everywhere talking with each other...

I'm interested in the elven magic, or at least some other kind of ability you could share with me.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 03:23:29 pm by Jenett »

Tags: