Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: Encouragement  (Read 2221 times)

cletus90851

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Encouragement
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2016, 04:58:27 pm »
Quote from: kratos264;182806
How did you go about telling your husband about your switch to paganism? If you were married at the time, and you don't mind my asking. I have started practicing Asutru about a month and a half to two months ago and am trying to figure out how to tell my fiance about my change in religion. We both come from very christian backgrounds and don't want to put unnecessary strain on our relationship.

I would tread very carefully.  depending on how openminded he is, you could very well end up causing a relationship ending event.  then again, if you do nothing and he finds out on his own, I think that would most likely be more disasterous than if you are honest about it.

start off subtle,  maybe drop a few hints, and then when you feel it is appropriate, and he is in a really good mood, you can explain your beliefs to him.  It may not go well, but the damage of withholding the truth and him finding out anyway would be far worse.

I was fortunate when I met Molly, to have found another Hellenic Pagan here in rural Louisiana, and I thank Hermes for that every day, but I also feel sorry for all those who are less fortunate, and/or stuck in an oppressive christian enviornment.   I wish you the best of luck.  Take it slow, and pray to your deitys/deity to open his eyes and allow him to see past your difference of faiths.

kratos264

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2016, 08:14:42 pm »
Quote from: cletus90851;184917
I would tread very carefully.  depending on how openminded he is, you could very well end up causing a relationship ending event.  then again, if you do nothing and he finds out on his own, I think that would most likely be more disasterous than if you are honest about it.

start off subtle,  maybe drop a few hints, and then when you feel it is appropriate, and he is in a really good mood, you can explain your beliefs to him.  It may not go well, but the damage of withholding the truth and him finding out anyway would be far worse.

I was fortunate when I met Molly, to have found another Hellenic Pagan here in rural Louisiana, and I thank Hermes for that every day, but I also feel sorry for all those who are less fortunate, and/or stuck in an oppressive christian enviornment.   I wish you the best of luck.  Take it slow, and pray to your deitys/deity to open his eyes and allow him to see past your difference of faiths.

First off, my fiance is s woman and I am a man. And I think you missed a post, we have already talked about and have found a common ground that works for us.
 Also thank you for taking the time to reply, everything I've found on here has been very helpful

cletus90851

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2016, 10:00:14 pm »
Quote from: kratos264;184921
First off, my fiance is s woman and I am a man. And I think you missed a post, we have already talked about and have found a common ground that works for us.
 Also thank you for taking the time to reply, everything I've found on here has been very helpful

ah yes I see that now. my mistake.  I am pleased to hear you found a workable solution. You are very fortunate in that regard.

kratos264

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2016, 12:27:33 pm »
Quote from: cletus90851;184926
ah yes I see that now. my mistake.  I am pleased to hear you found a workable solution. You are very fortunate in that regard.

We still have a long way to go, but what we are doing is working at the moment. Like youb said small steps.

Tags:

Beginner Area

Warning: You are currently in a Beginner Friendly area of the message board.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 181
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* Shop & Support TC

The links below are affiliate links. When you click on one of these links you will go to the listed shopping site with The Cauldron's affiliate code. Any purchases you make during your visit will earn TC a tiny percentage of your purchase price at no extra cost to you.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Host:
Sunflower

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Darkhawk

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Senior Staff:
Aisling, Allaya, Jenett, Sefiru

Staff:
Ashmire, EclecticWheel, HarpingHawke, Kylara, PerditaPickle, rocquelaire

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

'Up All Night' Coordinator:
Altair

Cauldron Council:
Bob, Catja, Chatelaine, Emma-Eldritch, Fausta, Jubes, Kelly, LyricFox, Phouka, Sperran, Star, Steve, Tana

Site Administrator:
Randall

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal