Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: What to do with ashes from my cauldron?  (Read 3610 times)

catonmyshirt

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
What to do with ashes from my cauldron?
« on: October 21, 2015, 02:32:48 pm »
For the last little while I've been storing them in a box, because I always feel bad for some reason when I toss them. I was thinking of using them in my compost next spring and summer, but I'm not sure if that's an ok thing to do.

Gigi Kiersten

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cheapskatewitch.com
Re: What to do with ashes from my cauldron?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 03:00:14 pm »
Quote from: catonmyshirt;181328
For the last little while I've been storing them in a box, because I always feel bad for some reason when I toss them. I was thinking of using them in my compost next spring and summer, but I'm not sure if that's an ok thing to do.

The composting idea is awesome (I might have to use idea one day) I usually either bury them or just throw them out.

catonmyshirt

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 03:38:22 pm »
Quote from: Jenny Cee;181332
The composting idea is awesome (I might have to use idea one day) I usually either bury them or just throw them out.
I'll need to look into it more, but this site gives the general idea of how to use (specifically wood) ashes in the garden.
http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/garden-how-to/soil-fertilizers/using-wood-ashes.htm
I like the idea of the ashes boosting the magical properties of new things growing, but I have no idea if that would actually work. A girl can dream, right?

Gigi Kiersten

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 08:40:32 pm »
Quote from: catonmyshirt;181339
I'll need to look into it more, but this site gives the general idea of how to use (specifically wood) ashes in the garden.
http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/garden-how-to/soil-fertilizers/using-wood-ashes.htm
I like the idea of the ashes boosting the magical properties of new things growing, but I have no idea if that would actually work. A girl can dream, right?

Thanks I'm going to bookmark it!

Froði Ingsson

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • SOHM Publishing
  • Religion: Heathen
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2015, 02:51:08 am »
Quote from: catonmyshirt;181328

Blessings Catonmyshirt,

It is definitely an okay thing to do. I have put my ash in the compost for many years. Though, if it is too much it might make your compost a little too hot for plants, so make sure to let the compost do its thing before using. I have also put it around my Raspberries and they love it. My wife uses the ash from our wood stove for the dark greens and broccoli – helps keep away the cabbage moths.

Another thing magical ash is useful for is setting borders.

Blessings Be,
Yogi Suba

catonmyshirt

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2015, 10:44:16 pm »
Quote from: Yogisuba;182291
Blessings Catonmyshirt,

It is definitely an okay thing to do. I have put my ash in the compost for many years. Though, if it is too much it might make your compost a little too hot for plants, so make sure to let the compost do its thing before using. I have also put it around my Raspberries and they love it. My wife uses the ash from our wood stove for the dark greens and broccoli – helps keep away the cabbage moths.

Blessings Be,
Yogi Suba
Oh, thank you so much! All of those ideas sound lovely!

Lionrhod

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lionrhod.com
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2015, 10:22:44 am »
Quote from: Yogisuba;182291
Blessings Catonmyshirt,

Blessings Be,
Yogi Suba

Yes, excellent points.

I would only add that any time I do magick to get rid of negative things, I take all leftover components (ash, candles etc.) find a trash can somewhere I never/rarely go, and return home by a different route. If I am doing something for bringing in good energy, I would absolutely let my garden make use of it.
When given a choice between black and white, choose purple.
SpellCraft Secrets: The Art of Creating Magic Spells Made Easy 2nd edition, revised
Dark Moon Gates - Pagan YA Fantasy
Nenfari - FREE Dark Sword & Sorcery
The Spider\'s Yule Gift - A Children\'s Folktale & Polish Pagan Holiday Traditions
My Website

Gigi Kiersten

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2015, 09:49:49 am »
Quote from: Lionrhod;182862
Yes, excellent points.

I would only add that any time I do magick to get rid of negative things, I take all leftover components (ash, candles etc.) find a trash can somewhere I never/rarely go, and return home by a different route. If I am doing something for bringing in good energy, I would absolutely let my garden make use of it.

Hmm, I that's a really good point. I tend to just throw it out in the trash but getting rid of negative things and not letting things magickally sow is always a good a thing.  So thanks for pointing it out.

Tags: