Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: You could be under a witchcraft attack  (Read 6661 times)

Altair

• Staff
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
    • Songs of the Metamythos
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
You could be under a witchcraft attack
« on: October 20, 2015, 12:13:48 pm »
From the outer fringes of the conservative Christian universe, Charisma website senior editor Jennifer LeClaire brings you...

Clear Signs Witchcraft Is Attacking You Right Now

http://www.charismamag.com/blogs/the-plumb-line/24566-5-clear-signs-witchcraft-is-attacking-you-right-now

But wait! There's more:

http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/52687-3-more-sure-signs-witchcraft-is-attacking-you

"1. Are you on an emotional roller coaster, rushing from anger to sadness to confusion? You could be under a witchcraft attack.

"2. Are you so overwhelmed with your circumstances that you just want to call in sick, stay in bed and feel sorry for yourself? You could be under a witchcraft attack.

"3. Do you feel like nobody can possibly understand what you are going through and that nobody even cares anyway? You could be under a witchcraft attack...."

That's only 3 of the 7 telltale signs. The snark potential for what else these "sure signs" could be is unlimited. Simply delicious!
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

catonmyshirt

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: You could be under a witchcraft attack
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 12:59:27 pm »
Oh, boy.

Chatelaine

• Staff
  • Metaphors be with you.
    • View Profile
    • Are We There Yet?
  • Religion: Eastern Orthodox Christian
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 02:00:32 pm »
Quote from: Altair;181258
That's only 3 of the 7 telltale signs. The snark potential for what else these "sure signs" could be is unlimited. Simply delicious!

'You created us restless, O Lord, and we find no rest until we rest in You.'
~St Augustine~
Whole blog o' nonsense: Are We There Yet?

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 03:50:38 pm »
From the outer fringes of the conservative Christian universe, Charisma website senior editor Jennifer LeClaire brings you...

Oh my! Witchcraft must be attacking just about everyone I know locally. We all have some combination of watering eyes, runny noses, sneezing and coughing. It couldn't be ragweed and early cedar pollen -- that's too simple and obvious -- so that leaves witchcraft.:eek:

:hdsk::hdsk::hdsk::hdsk:
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

HarpingHawke

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: shapeshifting, witchery, polytheism. under endless construction.
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 04:25:36 pm »

I'm laughing so hard I'm crying right now. Snark when I'm slightly more coherent.

Gods I love fundies.
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Hemingway

Juniperberry

• Grand Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2015, 06:45:58 pm »
Quote from: HarpingHawke;181280
I'm laughing so hard I'm crying right now. Snark when I'm slightly more coherent.

Gods I love fundies.

Laugh now, but this is real. Witches and fundies have been engulfed in a vicious war for quite awhile. I'm glad you brought this to everyone's attention, Altair, because now we can seriously address how to combat the five signs you're under a fundie attack.

Warning: This content may be disturbing.

1. Disgust. Fundamental conservatism makes you feel disgust. Not for yourself, but for those people who dare to live a life with rights and equality. When fundies attack, it's hard to make the right decisions. You may find yourself picketing funerals and wondering how you got there.

2. Trouble Thinking Critically. When conservatism attacks, you may find yourself unable to look at all logical angles of a situation. Your mind will stop processing any information that doesn't come from FOX News.

3.Wanting to Harass Others. I like people. I enjoy intelligent conversation. But whenever I feel the need to go door to door in my neighborhood to inform people that they're going to hell, I know I've been the victim of a fundie attack.

4. Forgetting What Facts Are. Earth is 4 billion years old. I am an evolved species. Climate change is occurring. But when fundies attack we forget these things. Suddenly earth was formed in literally six days. I come from the rib of a man. Climate change is democratic propaganda.  

5. Hateful, Paranoid, and Ignorant. We all get mad from time to time. Sometimes we question the intentions of others or realize we don't know some things. But when fundies attack these normal emotions escalate. If you find yourself stopping marriages, hunting eight years for a Kenyan birth certificate, or considering voting for Trump, realize that you have become a victim of conservatism and seek help.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 06:48:21 pm by Juniperberry »
The pace of progress in artificial intelligence (I’m not referring to narrow AI) is incredibly fast. [...] The risk of something seriously dangerous happening is in the five year timeframe. 10 years at most.--Elon Musk

I am in the camp that is concerned about super intelligence," [Bill] Gates wrote. "First the machines will do a lot of jobs for us and not be super intelligent. That should be positive if we manage it well. A few decades after that though the intelligence is strong enough to be a concern. I agree with Elon Musk and some others on this and don\'t understand why some people are not concerned."

HarpingHawke

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2015, 07:52:51 pm »
Quote from: Juniperberry;181281

JB, you're not helping! XD

As with all good satire, there is some truth in it.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 07:56:05 pm by HarpingHawke »
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Hemingway

HarpingHawke

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2015, 08:02:01 pm »
Quote from: HarpingHawke;181287
JB, you're not helping! XD

As with all good satire, there is some truth in it.

I've also become lost in the black hole of this website. Here is a link to something about Trump. I'm wheezing but also very concerned.

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2015, 09:50:12 pm »
Quote from: HarpingHawke;181288
I've also become lost in the black hole of this website. Here is a link to something about Trump. I'm wheezing but also very concerned.

My head is spinning after reading that.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs

Lana288

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2015, 12:30:25 am »

http://www.charismamag.com/blogs/the-plumb-line/24566-5-clear-signs-witchcraft-is-attacking-you-right-now

But wait! There's more:

http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/52687-3-more-sure-signs-witchcraft-is-attacking-you

"1. Are you on an emotional roller coaster, rushing from anger to sadness to confusion? You could be under a witchcraft attack.

"2. Are you so overwhelmed with your circumstances that you just want to call in sick, stay in bed and feel sorry for yourself? You could be under a witchcraft attack.

"3. Do you feel like nobody can possibly understand what you are going through and that nobody even cares anyway? You could be under a witchcraft attack...."

Uh... Is this satire? I honestly can't tell. Even surfing the site, I can't hard to tell, what with subtitles like "underestimating the power of pigskin and prayer".

Altair

• Staff
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
    • Songs of the Metamythos
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2015, 06:23:02 am »
Quote from: Ian288;181304
Uh... Is this satire? I honestly can't tell. Even surfing the site, I can't hard to tell, what with subtitles like "underestimating the power of pigskin and prayer".

Nope. The crazy is bona fide!
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2015, 07:45:59 am »
Quote from: Ian288;181304
Uh... Is this satire? I honestly can't tell.

I thought it might be satire but it really appears not to be.
Randall

Gigi Kiersten

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cheapskatewitch.com
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2015, 03:17:20 pm »
Quote from: RandallS;181313
I thought it might be satire but it really appears not to be.

Just when I thought my faith in humanity was at it's lowest point it dips again. Seriously, most of that sounds like either physical or mental illness than anything witchcraft. These fundies need to be more creative, because this is down right sad.

Materialist

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2015, 10:12:08 pm »

During the colonial period, witches were evil: killing cattle and babies, stealing food, afflicting folks with fatal diseases, blighting crops-now they've been reduced to inducing sniveling, self-centered, pity parties? Hmf.

Scent of Pine

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2015, 11:20:01 pm »

But wait! There's more:

Anyone else reading this hear it in Jeff Foxworthy's voice?

Tags: