Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Electric sound religion question  (Read 1579 times)

Liberty

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Electric sound religion question
« on: October 05, 2015, 06:17:09 pm »
My voices claim to move along through electricity and communicate with one another on something like high pitched sound frequencys. Can anyone tell me if theyve ever heard any theories like this

Liberty

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Electric sound religion question
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 06:18:42 pm »
Quote from: Liberty;180788
My voices claim to move along through electricity and communicate with one another on something like high pitched sound frequencys. Can anyone tell me if theyve ever heard any theories like this

Theyre not restricted to areas with electricity but its like they gain power and move more strongly in areas with it for longer periods of time. I COULD be crazy but ill never believe it

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 09:33:41 pm »

I think that's nonsense, but that doesn't mean it is not possible (at least remotely possible). However, if voices in my head were telling me that, I'd demand evidence before I accepted it -- and really good evidence would be needed.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Materialist

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 11:34:11 am »

Apparently no one else has the guts to say this: Liberty, you are having audio hallucinations. The voices you are hearing have nothing to do with paganism, don't spawn from any sort of paganism. The voices are coming from a section of your brain that is fritzing for some reason. You need to undergo a psychiatric examination to figure out what's causing it.

Liberty

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2015, 02:27:54 pm »
Quote from: Materialist;180797
Apparently no one else has the guts to say this: Liberty, you are having audio hallucinations. The voices you are hearing have nothing to do with paganism, don't spawn from any sort of paganism. The voices are coming from a section of your brain that is fritzing for some reason. You need to undergo a psychiatric examination to figure out what's causing it.

I did. I'm Bi-Polar psychotic. But they sure do talk alot of religious stuff. Maybe I read to many books.  I don't know thanks for the input.

Juniperberry

• Grand Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2015, 03:43:44 pm »
Quote from: Materialist;180797

What Liberty has said (all across the board) has seemed similar to me than the "normal" god-bothered, god-slave, tool of the gods stuff. The only real difference seems to be the social IQ. Liberty just seems a bit more awkward and tactless in expressing himself. (No offense.)
The pace of progress in artificial intelligence (I’m not referring to narrow AI) is incredibly fast. [...] The risk of something seriously dangerous happening is in the five year timeframe. 10 years at most.--Elon Musk

I am in the camp that is concerned about super intelligence," [Bill] Gates wrote. "First the machines will do a lot of jobs for us and not be super intelligent. That should be positive if we manage it well. A few decades after that though the intelligence is strong enough to be a concern. I agree with Elon Musk and some others on this and don\'t understand why some people are not concerned."

Faemon

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 08:37:45 pm »
Quote from: Liberty;180799
I did. I'm Bi-Polar psychotic. But they sure do talk alot of religious stuff.

On this point, I'd make the distinction between religious and psychic. Religion to me can lend the structures by which to parse experiences such as this. Psychic to me can pertain to the psyche or (and/or) could mean something meaningful (this definition brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department), and can overlap with but not necessarily conform to the structures provided by established religions.

I haven't been diagnosed with anything other than depression, but I do get stuff that sounds something like this. And...a lot of it is junk? At least, I junked a lot. I also spout a lot of the same that I hold to that eventually gets junked, but there's a process.

It all sort of reminds me of Carl Jung's entry in his Liber Novus where some of the...spirit guides, I guess I can try to call them...well, they requested Jung directly to quit calling them "symbols" because they were real, but he continued to consider them symbols anyway. That was probably a good decision, as they proceeded to try to convince Jung that he was the second coming of Jesus Christ, which if I recall correctly, he took as metaphorical. He might have interpreted the message more literally had he not junked the "quit calling us symbols" request.
The Codex of Poesy: wishcraft, faelatry, alchemy, and other slight misspellings.
the Otherfaith: Chromatic Genderbending Faery Monarchs of Technology. DeviantArt

EclecticWheel

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Christo-Eclectic
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2015, 01:07:04 am »
Quote from: Faemon;180830
On this point, I'd make the distinction between religious and psychic. Religion to me can lend the structures by which to parse experiences such as this. Psychic to me can pertain to the psyche or (and/or) could mean something meaningful (this definition brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department), and can overlap with but not necessarily conform to the structures provided by established religions.

I haven't been diagnosed with anything other than depression, but I do get stuff that sounds something like this. And...a lot of it is junk? At least, I junked a lot. I also spout a lot of the same that I hold to that eventually gets junked, but there's a process.

It all sort of reminds me of Carl Jung's entry in his Liber Novus where some of the...spirit guides, I guess I can try to call them...well, they requested Jung directly to quit calling them "symbols" because they were real, but he continued to consider them symbols anyway. That was probably a good decision, as they proceeded to try to convince Jung that he was the second coming of Jesus Christ, which if I recall correctly, he took as metaphorical. He might have interpreted the message more literally had he not junked the "quit calling us symbols" request.

I think this is a more healthy way of approaching it.  I very much dislike our society's tendency to pathologize everything, especially if it's harmless.

I was diagnosed and treated for schizoaffective disorder with a bipolar affective (a condition involving psychoses) for ten years.  There were definitely some times I can look back on and see that I was delusional or otherwise experienced useless hallucinations.  The solution was to develop a degree of emotional stability and discrimination.  I eventually weaned myself off the meds since the psychiatrist wouldn't cooperate, dropped out of treatment with only one day's notice to avoid being manipulated or pressured, and now I'm so much better off mentally and physically.  Not that I recommend that course to everyone, but I was really tired of being a guinea pig and taking all those toxic meds that weren't helping me.  Besides I noticed that psychiatrists didn't treat me like a normal doctor would.  I found it all oppressive and a means of enforcing social control over even my innermost life.

These days most of my visions and other experiences are usually more vivid, more helpful and directly related to what's going on in my life, and often convey accurate information about people (as a form of intuition) or my inner state, although I have to be careful: sometimes I misinterpret aspects of it because the communications are extremely metaphorical and sometimes involve visual, audial, emotional and telepathic sensations all in one moment, and sometimes the visual aspect involves multiple layers simultaneously.

I had to develop a rational, even a skeptical mindset before my tendencies to experience my emotions and intuition in this way could become an asset instead of a hindrance.  Developing discrimination and discernment actually changed the way I experienced these phenomena in my opinion.  I no longer identify even to myself as schizoaffective, and I highly suspect this has also altered my experiences for the better.

To the OP: Based on my own experiences shared here I'd encourage some skepticism.  I think what you're hearing is nonsense and not remotely likely.  But I do empathize.  At one point I thought I was an extension of Jesus Christ akin to the second coming -- although now I think of it I guess that makes sense in a metaphorical way with my current religious beliefs.  Definitely don't take the voices literally -- and sometimes don't pay attention to them at all.  Sometimes it's just stress, that's all.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 01:17:01 am by EclecticWheel »
My personal moral code:

Love wisely, and do what thou wilt.

Tags: