Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[April 15, 2024, 03:15:33 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Author Topic: Anything special little things you always do on full moons?  (Read 2113 times)

TinyToad

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Anything special little things you always do on full moons?
« on: September 23, 2015, 03:38:48 pm »
I used to dread full moons a little bit, back when I worked in the medical field. I worked in nursing homes, and myself and several others I worked with always could swear that residents/patients were more restless and active than ever on full moons. Coupled with anxiety and agitation from dementia in the residents, and this usually meant every full moon night was total chaos in the facility (I worked the overnight or "NOC" shifts).

But after a bit I got into the habit of always wearing heavy lavender (diluted essential oil) on myself, and also carrying a small spritz bottle of lavender in my scrubs pocket, for the residents' rooms. It definitely helped me stay calm, relaxed and friendlier amidst all the havoc and negative energy, and I noticed that several of the residents seemed to respond well to it, too.

I've been out of that line of work for a couple years now, but I still wear heavy lavender for full moons. I was thinking about it today, because I'm almost out and need to make more lavender perfume oil. I'll probably use up the last of what I have come this next full moon.

Does anyone else have their own little tradition(s) that they developed along the way?

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
Re: Anything special little things you always do on full moons?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 02:42:50 am »
Quote from: TinyToad;180329
I used to dread full moons a little bit, back when I worked in the medical field. I worked in nursing homes, and myself and several others I worked with always could swear that residents/patients were more restless and active than ever on full moons. Coupled with anxiety and agitation from dementia in the residents, and this usually meant every full moon night was total chaos in the facility (I worked the overnight or "NOC" shifts).

But after a bit I got into the habit of always wearing heavy lavender (diluted essential oil) on myself, and also carrying a small spritz bottle of lavender in my scrubs pocket, for the residents' rooms. It definitely helped me stay calm, relaxed and friendlier amidst all the havoc and negative energy, and I noticed that several of the residents seemed to respond well to it, too.

I've been out of that line of work for a couple years now, but I still wear heavy lavender for full moons. I was thinking about it today, because I'm almost out and need to make more lavender perfume oil. I'll probably use up the last of what I have come this next full moon.

Does anyone else have their own little tradition(s) that they developed along the way?

My mom worked in hospitals and then later also in nursing homes, and she too swears up and down that the full moon would cause a spike in agitation amongst the patients. I don't think she ever developed a magical coping method, though - I'll ask her the next time I see her.

LunaStar

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Re: Anything special little things you always do on full moons?
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 06:21:46 pm »
Quote from: TinyToad;180329

I like to use such magickal nights for special rituals.  This upcoming full moon I plan on doing a blessing spell.

Tags: