collapse

Author Topic: Prayer...For Courage and Understanding  (Read 1294 times)

Kraken

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
Prayer...For Courage and Understanding
« on: August 31, 2015, 05:06:48 pm »
I have already asked for similar prayer and positive energy when it comes to telling my family about the paths I am exploring...and I may not be doing it right...but I am a very sensitive person and come to the verge of tears if someone dismisses the views of my spiritual journey.

I have mentioned that my family is Christian...and that my husband's family is fairly hardcore Christian. I believe they have prejudiced views about witchcraft and paganism because although I have mentioned (slowly) that this is what I am exploring and not necessarily committing to right now...(seems like Wicca/Druidry right now). Anyways...already, I have my sister in law express to me her DEEP concerns for inviting evil into my life by exploring these paths of spirituality and practice. I know she thinks my husband and I are in danger...and it's a very deflating to know she sees me in such a compromising situation or phase "until I come running back into Jesus' arms" or something. She even thinks that I'm "pushing" this on to other people.

Please. I ask for prayer and well wishes and love to learn to be patient and understanding with my family when it comes to this. I don't want to be a basket-case anytime any one else thinks I'm going bonkers (even though it feels that way). I don't want to be rejected but it seems as though I may end up going through a lot of that...and hope that my family will continue to talk to me.

Are they any prayer suggestions that I can do?
"you have risen from the ashes, with outspread arms, face to the sun, eyes closed, full of radiance..."

Fleur

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Prayer...For Courage and Understanding
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 09:10:05 pm »
Quote from: Kraken;179405
I have already asked for similar prayer and positive energy when it comes to telling my family about the paths I am exploring...and I may not be doing it right...but I am a very sensitive person and come to the verge of tears if someone dismisses the views of my spiritual journey.

I just want to say that my heart goes out to you. I am similarly sensitive about my spiritual beliefs and it hurts me a lot when they are snarked at or dismissed. I know how you feel.

I have mentioned that my family is Christian...and that my husband's family is fairly hardcore Christian. I believe they have prejudiced views about witchcraft and paganism because although I have mentioned (slowly) that this is what I am exploring and not necessarily committing to right now...(seems like Wicca/Druidry right now). Anyways...already, I have my sister in law express to me her DEEP concerns for inviting evil into my life by exploring these paths of spirituality and practice. I know she thinks my husband and I are in danger...and it's a very deflating to know she sees me in such a compromising situation or phase "until I come running back into Jesus' arms" or something. She even thinks that I'm "pushing" this on to other people.

While I'm very willing to begin praying for you at my altar, may I gently suggest enforcing strict boundaries with your family? In particular your sister-in-law has no business interfering in your private religious life; your husband may deserve an explanation but nobody else does.

Please. I ask for prayer and well wishes and love to learn to be patient and understanding with my family when it comes to this. I don't want to be a basket-case anytime any one else thinks I'm going bonkers (even though it feels that way). I don't want to be rejected but it seems as though I may end up going through a lot of that...and hope that my family will continue to talk to me.

Are they any prayer suggestions that I can do?

Would you be okay with me praying to Kali, the destroyer of illusions, for you? I love her very much and I see benevolence in all that she does, but she does work very intensely. However, I think that she would be very effective in bringing out the truth to your family and perhaps destroying your own illusions about what kind of resolution you want versus what kind of resolution to this problem would be in your best interest spiritually.

I won't start praying to her without your permission (alternatively, you can pray to her too!) but I think she would be great to petition for this issue.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 09:10:35 pm by Draupadi »

Kraken

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 11:16:23 pm »
Quote from: Waterbender;179609
Would you be okay with me praying to Kali, the destroyer of illusions, for you? I love her very much and I see benevolence in all that she does, but she does work very intensely. However, I think that she would be very effective in bringing out the truth to your family and perhaps destroying your own illusions about what kind of resolution you want versus what kind of resolution to this problem would be in your best interest spiritually.

I won't start praying to her without your permission (alternatively, you can pray to her too!) but I think she would be great to petition for this issue.

Waterbender, thank you so much for your kind words. This is quite uplifting. You're right, I don't owe an explanation to anybody. Yes, actually, I would like it if you could pray for me. I've had my own misconceptions about Kali (through fiction, mostly...but of course that's fiction)...but I am trying to be more open. It would seem perfect for you to pray to her about the destroying of illusions...because I think I have illusions about gods/goddesses and how to pray to them without getting hurt myself...it's a very intimidating process for me and I'm afraid, somehow, of upsetting gods/goddesses through ignorance. Thank you again, very much.
"you have risen from the ashes, with outspread arms, face to the sun, eyes closed, full of radiance..."

Fleur

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 10:17:55 pm »
Quote from: Kraken;179622
Waterbender, thank you so much for your kind words. This is quite uplifting. You're right, I don't owe an explanation to anybody. Yes, actually, I would like it if you could pray for me. I've had my own misconceptions about Kali (through fiction, mostly...but of course that's fiction)...but I am trying to be more open. It would seem perfect for you to pray to her about the destroying of illusions...because I think I have illusions about gods/goddesses and how to pray to them without getting hurt myself...it's a very intimidating process for me and I'm afraid, somehow, of upsetting gods/goddesses through ignorance. Thank you again, very much.

No problem Kraken  :) I'll do the puja tomorrow after dressing some candles.

I don't want to ask you to reveal any personal information that you're uncomfortable with, but if there is anything you can give me that would "identify" you without outing your identity, that would help make the connection between you and me and Mother Kali. Like "The poster who goes by Kraken, who has such-and-such astrological signs and blue eyes and such-and-such birth mark", something like that, which would "identify" you without revealing who you are on the Internet. Only if you're comfortable, otherwise no big deal!

Edit: Also I wanted to add that I really don't think Kali is that petty or easily upset  :) She's a fierce tigress guarding her cubs, but never malicious, always loving. But I completely understand that it can take time to get used these deities; there is no need to rush into anything.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 10:19:58 pm by Draupadi »

Tags: