Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: Crystals and influence  (Read 2845 times)

Kai

• View Profile
Crystals and influence
« on: August 30, 2015, 06:28:15 pm »
Can someone use your own personal crystals, ones that you have owned, or had possession of, to influence you?

A former intimate friend has asked me to purchase a Labradorite crystal for them.

It struck me as odd, money isn't the issue, and it wasn't at the time the request was made...  

About a week before this, she came to me in tears because she was being attacked mentally by others in a group of wiccans she is in, I gave her two of my personal stones, to help protect her, a large quartz point, and a tourmaline that I typically carry with me. It seemed to help her quite a bit.  

I hope that this question is not overly confusing, can these things be used to influence me, or used against me in any way?

I have known this woman since we were children, I care for her,  and there is a deep connection, I am just trying to understand some of the whys, or fill a gap in knowledge I may have.

Faemon

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Crystals and influence
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 09:11:14 pm »
Quote from: Kai;179371
Can someone use your own personal crystals, ones that you have owned, or had possession of, to influence you?

A former intimate friend has asked me to purchase a Labradorite crystal for them.

It struck me as odd, money isn't the issue, and it wasn't at the time the request was made...  

About a week before this, she came to me in tears because she was being attacked mentally by others in a group of wiccans she is in, I gave her two of my personal stones, to help protect her, a large quartz point, and a tourmaline that I typically carry with me. It seemed to help her quite a bit.  

I hope that this question is not overly confusing, can these things be used to influence me, or used against me in any way? I have known this woman since we were children, I care for her,  and there is a deep connection, I am just trying to understand some of the whys, or fill a gap in knowledge I may have.

Maybe she believes you to be better at choosing crystals. Maybe she tried to buy her own crystals, but they were not as effective as your personal stones.

Maybe she was told a superstition that you are not supposed to buy magic items, only have them given to you as a gift...tarot cards have that superstition, I think it's not true, but other tarot superstitions affect tarot card sales at all the bookstores (they won't let you open a deck to look at the art in case your personal magic goes into it. You can just put a quartz crystal on it to cleanse the cards! But that doesn't matter, people who have that superstition won't buy an already-opened pack.)

However, anything of yours with your personal stuff can be used against you. I do my best to believe that people who try cursing like that, instead of talking with you reasonably, are not good at connecting to people and therefore will not be effective at cursing.
The Codex of Poesy: wishcraft, faelatry, alchemy, and other slight misspellings.
the Otherfaith: Chromatic Genderbending Faery Monarchs of Technology. DeviantArt

Kai

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 06:24:26 am »
Quote from: Faemon;179373
Maybe she believes you to be better at choosing crystals. Maybe she tried to buy her own crystals, but they were not as effective as your personal stones.

Maybe she was told a superstition that you are not supposed to buy magic items, only have them given to you as a gift...tarot cards have that superstition, I think it's not true, but other tarot superstitions affect tarot card sales at all the bookstores (they won't let you open a deck to look at the art in case your personal magic goes into it. You can just put a quartz crystal on it to cleanse the cards! But that doesn't matter, people who have that superstition won't buy an already-opened pack.)

However, anything of yours with your personal stuff can be used against you. I do my best to believe that people who try cursing like that, instead of talking with you reasonably, are not good at connecting to people and therefore will not be effective at cursing.

Thank you, that was all I really needed to know, personally I do not believe that don't buy anything yourself idea, just listening to the things around you is more than enough to me.

Daecon

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 12:33:08 pm »
Quote from: Kai;179371

Well, sure, but not because it's a crystal, just because it's a personal possession.  To be personal enough to use for sympathetic magic, though, it would typically have to be worn or kept by the subject (victim) on hand for a long period.  Most crystal magick users do not haul pockets full of stones around on a daily basis, so ordinarily the only crystals that would qualify would be ones incorporated into jewelry.

Tags: