collapse

Author Topic: Affection of a Deity  (Read 913 times)

Waldron

• View Profile
Affection of a Deity
« on: August 29, 2015, 05:46:34 pm »
According to what I have been researching it seems that those who are looking for unconditional love and friendship should seek for Mother Goddesses such as The Great Goddess, Brighid and Isis, but I am mostly interested on Norse paganism so maybe I should seek for Frigga. But in the Norse paganism Freyja is the Goddess of love, so should I pray for the love of Frigga or Freyja?

It seems that the loneliness and lack of love in my life is affecting many things in me, including causing me maladaptive daydreaming disorder. I don't have any friends and I'm very distant from my family. So I intend to start a relationship with a deity. But which deity should I choose?

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
Re: Affection of a Deity
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 09:38:22 pm »
Quote from: Waldron;179357
It seems that the loneliness and lack of love in my life is affecting many things in me, including causing me maladaptive daydreaming disorder. I don't have any friends and I'm very distant from my family. So I intend to start a relationship with a deity. But which deity should I choose?

While I'm not sure any deity provides truly unconditional love, no one can pick a deity for you. Unfortunately. Side Note: Why do you think lack of love is causing you to daydream too much?
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 02:29:42 pm »
Quote from: Waldron;179357
According to what I have been researching it seems that those who are looking for unconditional love and friendship should seek for Mother Goddesses such as The Great Goddess, Brighid and Isis, but I am mostly interested on Norse paganism so maybe I should seek for Frigga. But in the Norse paganism Freyja is the Goddess of love, so should I pray for the love of Frigga or Freyja?

Hi Waldron,

It's been my experience that people who go to the gods looking for unconditional love and friendship end up with something quite different.  Sometimes, they are pleasantly surprised; more often, they are disappointed.

Have you considered approaching a deity for assistance in bringing friendship and love to your life rather than expecting the deity to be that thing for you?  There are a number of us here who could provide ideas of ways to do so.
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Waldron

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 01:33:30 am »
Quote from: RandallS;179358
While I'm not sure any deity provides truly unconditional love, no one can pick a deity for you. Unfortunately. Side Note: Why do you think lack of love is causing you to daydream too much?

It is a pretty long story.

Quote from: veggiewolf;179366
Hi Waldron,

It's been my experience that people who go to the gods looking for unconditional love and friendship end up with something quite different.  Sometimes, they are pleasantly surprised; more often, they are disappointed.

Have you considered approaching a deity for assistance in bringing friendship and love to your life rather than expecting the deity to be that thing for you?  There are a number of us here who could provide ideas of ways to do so.

That might be a good idea.
Thank you very much for that answer, I will think about it.

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2015, 12:23:21 pm »
Quote from: Waldron;179457

That might be a good idea.
Thank you very much for that answer, I will think about it.

You're welcome. :)
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Tags: