collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Long Term Prosperity Magic  (Read 2112 times)

Sarah

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Long Term Prosperity Magic
« on: August 25, 2015, 10:35:22 am »
so I am dismantling my business and relaunching it as something else. The whole enterprise is going to take about 18 months before it launches and in that time I will be learning new techniques, and doing lots of research to help me maximise its potential.

So I was thinking of doing some long term prosperity magic to help me reach that point

My thought was infusing lots of honey with relevant herbs (vanilla, cinnamon, star anise, nutmeg, etc.) and then having a tea-spoon in my tea everyday?

Does this sound like a thing that would work?

Any ideas for other herbs and spices that would be relevant and would taste nice?

Also how long do you think I would need to leave the herbs in the honey for it to pick up their flavour? (do i need to crunch them up or can I just put them in whole?)

Thanks
Knowing when to use a shovel is what being a witch is all about. Nanny Ogg, Witches Abroad

Darkhawk

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Suns in her Branches
  • Religion: An American Werewolf in the Akhet; Kemetic; Feri; Imaginary Baltic Heathen; Discordian; UU; CoX; Etc
  • Preferred Pronouns: any of he, they, she
Re: Long Term Prosperity Magic
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 02:04:44 pm »
Quote from: Jake_;179223
My thought was infusing lots of honey with relevant herbs (vanilla, cinnamon, star anise, nutmeg, etc.) and then having a tea-spoon in my tea everyday?

I think that's a fantastic idea.

Also how long do you think I would need to leave the herbs in the honey for it to pick up their flavour? (do i need to crunch them up or can I just put them in whole?)

This link says at least five days, with a week more if you want it to be more intense:
http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-herb-infused-honey-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-180890

I second the thing about using dried herbs and spices, by the way.
as the water grinds the stone
we rise and fall
as our ashes turn to dust
we shine like stars    - Covenant, "Bullet"

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 03:47:18 pm »
Quote from: Darkhawk;179237
This link says at least five days, with a week more if you want it to be more intense....

Personally, I think it is important that they be more intense for long term magic like this. You want a clear reminder that you are doing something magical every day when you drink that tea.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Sarah

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 04:54:34 pm »
Quote from: Darkhawk;179237
I think that's a fantastic idea.

This link says at least five days, with a week more if you want it to be more intense:
http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-herb-infused-honey-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-180890

I second the thing about using dried herbs and spices, by the way.

ah! awesome, Thank you for finding that link!
Knowing when to use a shovel is what being a witch is all about. Nanny Ogg, Witches Abroad

Sarah

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 04:58:17 pm »
Quote from: RandallS;179239
Personally, I think it is important that they be more intense for long term magic like this. You want a clear reminder that you are doing something magical every day when you drink that tea.

yeah, this makes sense, thanks

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/he
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 08:02:51 pm »
So I was thinking of doing some long term prosperity magic to help me reach that point

So that sounds like a great spell, but I figured you might also be interested in additionl recommendations. I'd suggest Jason Miller's writing on financial/prosperity magic if you're looking for other ideas. In his financial sorcery book he talks about changing set points - the places where we feel like we're stuck. With a relaunch I figure this might be relevant?

I found two pretty good blog posts about it, if you're not interested in/able to pick up the book - F is for Financial Sorcery and the Release of the Set Point.

And also thank you for making this post, it reminded me that big picture prosperity work is something I need to get back to poking at myself!
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

Nothingness

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
  • Religion: Celtic Shamanic Wicca, currently studing Druidry and I'm in OBOD.
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2015, 05:40:45 pm »

There is a good book about doing prosperity magic: The Witch's Coin: Prosperity and Money Magick by Christopher Penczak.  It has wonderful ideas.

Please Delete My Account

• Sr. Newbie
  • Please delete my account
    • View Profile
    • delete this account
  • Religion: delete this account
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2015, 06:10:02 pm »

I'm curious, did you try this, and did it work? I'm desperately needing prosperity in my life, so I'm looking for any tested methods that I might be able to employ.
Please delete my account and posts from this site.

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2015, 06:21:09 pm »

I would think it would work. Since I'm a "hands-on" type of person, I'd probably couple the tea with putting a nickel or a quarter into a piggy bank and shaking it -- probably while doing Lucy's lines from when Charlie Brown drops a nickel in her can in "A Charlie Brown Christmas" but I'm weird. :)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 06:21:32 pm by RandallS »
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

LunaStar

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2015, 07:51:19 pm »
so I am dismantling my business and relaunching it as something else. The whole enterprise is going to take about 18 months before it launches and in that time I will be learning new techniques, and doing lots of research to help me maximise its potential.

Any ideas for other herbs and spices that would be relevant and would taste nice?

Thanks

I love tea magick!! For prosperity, I use basil and jasmin.  I've actually made basil tea and it's quite delicious.  I would infuse the honey for at least a week.

I would also recommend performing a prosperity ritual at your altar.  Whenever I need to draw strong or long term magick, I like to perform an elaborate spell with as many magickal items as I can.  But of course, this depends on each person so do what feels right for you.  Good luck!

Tags: