collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Greetings and Salutations!  (Read 1055 times)

Stormwise

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Greetings and Salutations!
« on: July 31, 2015, 07:14:01 pm »
I'm still trying to figure out why I didn't join up with this forum sooner; but all things in their own time!

Greetings and Salutations to all! Online, I am called Stormwise Raven, or simply Stormwise. I live in Germany, and have been on a Pagan path for more years than I would care to count! I am a fairly plain sort of person, and prefer a practical and logical approach to my religious expression ... as such, I tend to be short on ritual, and long on contemplation. I am also one of those who has myriad interests - this has given me some insight into a lot of different paths and approaches, while leaving me open to learning much, much more.

I came to this forum as part of a desire to network with more Pagans around the world. I started with blogging; and have enjoyed it so much that I wanted to add forum interactions to the experience! I look forward to getting to know people through this forum, and I look forward to the exchange of ideas and experiences.

As to the name, both parts of my name are taken from fascinations of mine. Storms are my thing - storm may not be a traditional element, but it's certainly my element. I've been on a boat, trying to sail back to land ahead of a hurricane; I've stood very close to a lightning strike; and I've stood under a funnel cloud. Judge all that however you will - when there is a storm in my area, you can generally count on me being outside, wandering around in it. Thus the name, Stormwise, has little to do with wisdom, and more to do with the direction I'm prone to travel. Ravens are very sacred to me. While my description of my fondness for storms barely scratches the surface; I could write and write and still not scratch the surface when it comes to my relationship with Raven.

Regarding my signature, it was inspired by the first time I read the book, Dreams Underfoot, by Charles de Lint. This book, if any, has been the most influential book when it comes to my take on Paganism in the present day.

Gabriel

• View Profile
    • http://gabrielcassata.tumblr.com
Re: Greetings and Salutations!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 11:08:37 am »
Quote from: Stormwise;178069
I'm still trying to figure out why I didn't join up with this forum sooner; but all things in their own time!

Greetings and Salutations to all! Online, I am called Stormwise Raven, or simply Stormwise. I live in Germany, and have been on a Pagan path for more years than I would care to count! I am a fairly plain sort of person, and prefer a practical and logical approach to my religious expression ... as such, I tend to be short on ritual, and long on contemplation. I am also one of those who has myriad interests - this has given me some insight into a lot of different paths and approaches, while leaving me open to learning much, much more.

I came to this forum as part of a desire to network with more Pagans around the world. I started with blogging; and have enjoyed it so much that I wanted to add forum interactions to the experience! I look forward to getting to know people through this forum, and I look forward to the exchange of ideas and experiences.

As to the name, both parts of my name are taken from fascinations of mine. Storms are my thing - storm may not be a traditional element, but it's certainly my element. I've been on a boat, trying to sail back to land ahead of a hurricane; I've stood very close to a lightning strike; and I've stood under a funnel cloud. Judge all that however you will - when there is a storm in my area, you can generally count on me being outside, wandering around in it. Thus the name, Stormwise, has little to do with wisdom, and more to do with the direction I'm prone to travel. Ravens are very sacred to me. While my description of my fondness for storms barely scratches the surface; I could write and write and still not scratch the surface when it comes to my relationship with Raven.

Regarding my signature, it was inspired by the first time I read the book, Dreams Underfoot, by Charles de Lint. This book, if any, has been the most influential book when it comes to my take on Paganism in the present day.

Welcome Stormwise!

Ravens are such beautiful creatures. I recently had a painting chosen for a gallery exhibition in CA that features several ravens and they were some of the most fun I've had researching and illustrating. I found a surprising amount of intensity within them that I was not expecting. It's a quality that seems reserved for much larger birds of prey but feels right at home with a raven. It lends a beautiful and captivating presence to your name :)
my Art & Illustration portfolio

Stormwise

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 11:22:16 am »
Quote from: Gabriel;178223
Welcome Stormwise!

Ravens are such beautiful creatures. I recently had a painting chosen for a gallery exhibition in CA that features several ravens and they were some of the most fun I've had researching and illustrating. I found a surprising amount of intensity within them that I was not expecting. It's a quality that seems reserved for much larger birds of prey but feels right at home with a raven. It lends a beautiful and captivating presence to your name :)

Thank you for the welcome, Gabriel! I was really happy to read about your raven experience and, regarding their intensity, I can only agree. I am always happy to encounter someone who shares in admiring ravens - if you by chance have a photo of your painting somewhere, I would certainly be interested in seeing it at some point! :)

theharmoniouscrow

• View Profile
    • http://theharmoniouscrow.com
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 11:42:04 am »

Ravens are very sacred to me. While my description of my fondness for storms barely scratches the surface; I could write and write and still not scratch the surface when it comes to my relationship with Raven.

Hello! I am a fellow "black bird" lover - but my fascination is with crows :)
I was also kinda wondering why I didn't join this forum (or even look for this KIND of site) sooner.
But it all comes when it is meant to, right?

I'm also in Germany. It's such an ancient country/culture - there's just so much to draw on here for inspiration and contemplation, wouldn't you agree?
"It\'s often a person\'s mouth that broke their nose." - Old Irish saying.

Stormwise

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 02:11:35 pm »
Quote from: theharmoniouscrow;178226
Hello! I am a fellow "black bird" lover - but my fascination is with crows :)
I was also kinda wondering why I didn't join this forum (or even look for this KIND of site) sooner.
But it all comes when it is meant to, right?

I'm also in Germany. It's such an ancient country/culture - there's just so much to draw on here for inspiration and contemplation, wouldn't you agree?

Crows have also played their part in my life, and continue to do so ... as significant as ravens are to me, I tend to see crows as favorite cousins. There is a pair in a local park that I typically sneak peanuts to. They have their system worked out pretty well - the one flies away and hoards peanuts, while the other prefers to live in the now.

Germany is a place I really enjoy - of the places I've lived, it is where I have always felt at home. One of the things I like about it most is not so much that it represents an ancient culture within itself; but rather that it is an ancient crossroads, that is still active for newer cultures and ideas. Some people here complain that Germany is starting to lose its 'German-ness,' with the influx of immigrants and asylum seekers over the years. However, considering that the name, Germany, comes from the root word 'germane,' or 'related,' I think as long as the majority of the people here try to get along with one another and live in harmony with one another, the place could not be more German. :)

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 08:25:51 am »

Welcome to The Cauldron!
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Tags: