Spirituality in the age of social media by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 08:28:55 pm]

Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[April 15, 2024, 03:15:33 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Author Topic: Hello and greetings!!  (Read 643 times)

softlight

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Hello and greetings!!
« on: July 30, 2015, 01:23:18 pm »
Nice to meet all of you. My journey sort of took me through Taoism, Buddhism, Ayurveda, Hinduism and Jainism.. and back around to... well where is the native European spirituality of my ancestors in all this? I don't like to culturally appropriate (though I do NOT think sharing and learning from each other is innately appropriation) and I felt like honoring and understanding ones ancestors and the spirits that have guided over them and helped shape who we've become was a big part of these religions.

In ayurvedic medicine there are health recommendations of knowing how ones ancestors traumas and emotional and spiritual and physical hardships and strengths affect us in the present- in addition to doing activities that connect us with our ancestry. So I'm into historic recreation for the health and spiritual benefits but I'm also into shifting patterns of harm toward compassion and respect for the experiences of all beings involved (i.e. I don't want to recreate the harmful stuff that we HAVE moved on from thankfully!).

I'm also hopeful there were periods of peace worship that are not as well documented in European lands, I feel like this desire to associate magic with harmony and love between beings doesn't come from nowhere! Or if it does I still like it and want to help it grow that way! I also believe in having compassion for the many reasons beings have faced hardships they have to focus on that leave them unable to focus on compassion or on much more than surviving what they are dealing with. We don't know what others have faced to become what they are or do what they do. Earth realm is a hard place for too many. We CAN defend ourselves from others harm, but we don't have to assume we know why they might harm or how hard they are trying.   :)

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
Re: Hello and greetings!!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 08:38:19 am »
Quote from: softlight;178011
Nice to meet all of you. My journey sort of took me through Taoism, Buddhism, Ayurveda, Hinduism and Jainism.. and back around to... well where is the native European spirituality of my ancestors in all this? I don't like to culturally appropriate (though I do NOT think sharing and learning from each other is innately appropriation) and I felt like honoring and understanding ones ancestors and the spirits that have guided over them and helped shape who we've become was a big part of these religions.

In ayurvedic medicine there are health recommendations of knowing how ones ancestors traumas and emotional and spiritual and physical hardships and strengths affect us in the present- in addition to doing activities that connect us with our ancestry. So I'm into historic recreation for the health and spiritual benefits but I'm also into shifting patterns of harm toward compassion and respect for the experiences of all beings involved (i.e. I don't want to recreate the harmful stuff that we HAVE moved on from thankfully!).

I'm also hopeful there were periods of peace worship that are not as well documented in European lands, I feel like this desire to associate magic with harmony and love between beings doesn't come from nowhere! Or if it does I still like it and want to help it grow that way! I also believe in having compassion for the many reasons beings have faced hardships they have to focus on that leave them unable to focus on compassion or on much more than surviving what they are dealing with. We don't know what others have faced to become what they are or do what they do. Earth realm is a hard place for too many. We CAN defend ourselves from others harm, but we don't have to assume we know why they might harm or how hard they are trying.   :)

Welcome to The Cauldron!
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Voren

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: spiritual
  • Preferred Pronouns: Xe/Xir/Xes
Re: Hello and greetings!!
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 11:04:42 pm »
Quote from: softlight;178011

Greetings and welcome
-Voren
(aka Sou\'r-Ghi\'den)

The Singularity

Tags: