Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: ocd and Christianity  (Read 1994 times)

_Willow_

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
ocd and Christianity
« on: July 11, 2015, 04:35:51 pm »
Hi  sorry i havent been around  ( its Darkasylum)
I did  go back to Christianity but i now regret it ...I have OCD  and its makes me think that am doing blasphemous things and  thoughts
Am also Female to Male transgender i have been for a while but i held it back from everyone apart from my husband i came out 2 weeks ago to everyone  
there really supportive  but my OCD  makes me question everything i do
i am getting Therapy soon  but am in the uk and its take about a year before i will get it as i cant afford non NHS help  the OCD thoughts tell me that i am evil and  that i will go to hell for being pagan   i have voices too that do the same  i am on medication and i have been taking some for my OCD
the OCD  stops me from doing so many things i cant leave the house without my husband  my mental health has gotten a lot worse of late and i dont feel like am a sane person   i want to be back here to learn and to enjoying being pagan again

Faemon

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: ocd and Christianity
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 06:43:40 pm »
Quote from: TransPagan;176975
help  the OCD thoughts tell me that i am evil and  that i will go to hell for being pagan   i have voices too that do the same  i am on medication and i have been taking some for my OCD

Welcome back! It's good to hear that you have been living your life and developing yourself and exploring despite your conditions. Even if you regret returning to Christianity, that you did exercise volition in returning and/or leaving, and now can recognize the effect that it has on you, can both be taken as discoveries of valuable cognitive tools.

As you've lived at least two years that we can know of with multiple co-occurring disorder, and you can identify them as clinical... I cannot help you with that because I'm not a medical professional... I'm just a client/patient sometimes.

I will say this, some pagans do sometimes go to Hel. They come back and say that She's actually really nice. If you're anywhere in that neighborhood, though, you'd probably get redirected to Valhalla instead because it takes a warrior's spirit to cope with all those impulses and voices. It is a war. (In my opinion.) Oh, but Helheim's got more restful company and Bilskirnir has better beer.
The Codex of Poesy: wishcraft, faelatry, alchemy, and other slight misspellings.
the Otherfaith: Chromatic Genderbending Faery Monarchs of Technology. DeviantArt

Tags: