Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Spells for a new home  (Read 3269 times)

tue2day

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Spells for a new home
« on: June 02, 2015, 09:56:27 pm »
So I just moved into a new apartment and, though it already feels positive and nice so I don't really need to cleanse it, I was wondering what all of your favorite spells for a new home are. What are the first spells you do when you move? Do you hang charms or stick pennies over the door frame? Witch bottles in the fire place? Salt on the window sills? How do you keep your home happy and safe?

Redfaery

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Spells for a new home
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 03:23:10 am »
Quote from: tue2day;175723
So I just moved into a new apartment and, though it already feels positive and nice so I don't really need to cleanse it, I was wondering what all of your favorite spells for a new home are. What are the first spells you do when you move? Do you hang charms or stick pennies over the door frame? Witch bottles in the fire place? Salt on the window sills? How do you keep your home happy and safe?

I...still hang a crucifix over the front door. :whis: It works at my parents' house to keep things psychically safe, and it has worked at my apartment thus far. I also use other talismans more in line with my own traditions too. ;)
KARMA: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 01:32:28 pm »

I move every few years, so I've done these several times, heh.

First, I cleanse it regardless of how it feels because I like things to be tidy. Then I'll go through and 'seal' every opening with oil or salt water. My current place has windowboxes so I've put Devil's Shoestrings in the dirt there - the place before this one was a basement suite and I put some in the ground by the front door there, but obviously that's hard to do in an apartment.

xGypsy13x

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 03:18:32 am »

I always make what my Grandma called a spice jar, its a lot of herbs with protective properties, super easy too

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/he
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2016, 11:43:30 am »
Quote from: xGypsy13x;193593
I always make what my Grandma called a spice jar, its a lot of herbs with protective properties, super easy too
Hopefully the OP is well-settled into their new place by now! What do you put in your spice jar?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

Merlick

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Germanic Witch
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2016, 02:11:36 pm »

My mother and I moved last year into a new house (I got the upper appartment, she the lower one) and although everything felt right from the beginning I did a cleansing ritual with consecrated water and incense and I blessed the rooms in the names of the gods. Outside I gave an offering to the little folk and asked them to welcome us politely, which they did (although they can be a bit mischievous at times).

Now my mother's still a devoted catholic so she's got a cross in almost every room of her half, I've got a branch of dried mistletoe hanging above the door in the rooms of my half.

xGypsy13x

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2016, 02:23:58 pm »
Quote from: Jack;193612
Hopefully the OP is well-settled into their new place by now! What do you put in your spice jar?

1 cup salt - 3 cloves garlic - 9 bay leaves - 7 tbsp. dried basil - 4 tbsp. dill seeds - 1 tbsp. sage - 1 tbsp. anise - 1 tbsp. black pepper - 1 tbsp. fennel  

its my favorite home protection spell, everything needed is super easy to come by

tue2day

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2016, 12:12:32 am »
Quote from: Jack;193612

Haha comin  up on 2 years now! I had completely forgotten about this forum since then until I saw it on my kindle. I actually did something similar to a spice jar when I moved in too it went pretty well.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

xGypsy13x

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2017, 02:35:33 pm »
Quote from: tue2day;200596
Haha comin  up on 2 years now! I had completely forgotten about this forum since then until I saw it on my kindle. I actually did something similar to a spice jar when I moved in too it went pretty well.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Good to hear, ive also been working on a ritual to create a full spiritual territory, ive almost got all of the kinks worked out, going to try it sometime tmrw, its extensive though, will probably take me about a week.

Tags: