Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Magickal Assessment Idea  (Read 4365 times)

Denia

• View Profile
Magickal Assessment Idea
« on: June 02, 2015, 05:29:42 pm »
I ponder quite a bit whether magick exists and if it does, what is it? So, today I decided to review and attempt to assess all of my major life events and whether my intent, magick or whatever had any impact.

So, I listed the events and weighted each event on a scale from 0-10 with ten being the most likely that it was the direct result of my intent or some other "power" outside of just chance. The scores ranged from a 2 (I tried everything including magick and could not get this to budge) to several that were a 10 (just defied the laws of probability of chance). I then added the scores and divided by the number of items thus getting a mean. My mean was about a 7.5 which I interpreted to mean that there seems to be something going on in some cases. It is obviously not the strongest case to be made as if I had a score of 9 or even 10, to me that would mean that I or something was pretty powerful. On the other hand, it was not in the lower ranges either.

Now, I fully realize all of the limitations of this kind of very simplistic analysis but very honestly, I think it is kind of accurate. I think that I have had some kind of influence over some things, but not everything. I tried to look over the list and find some common theme for the successes and failures, but honestly there wasn't anything that was consistent so I have no real idea why some things fell flat and others worked. Also, there was no consistent technique as in some of the best cases, it was simple daydreaming and being in a really positive frame of mind that resulted in the best results. Actually, as I reflect even further, I would say that simple expectation worked best and even in the cases which were impossible. In most of those cases, the situations were not unanticipated; however, once they happened, I absolutely could not rein them in and change course. Also, most were the result of taking advantage of opportunities and taking risks rather than waiting for things to just appear.

Anyway, just something to do if you are bored.

ailyah

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
    • https://circleoftheoldreligion.org/
Re: Magickal Assessment Idea
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 09:04:55 am »
Quote from: Denia;175707
I ponder quite a bit whether magick exists and if it does, what is it? So, today I decided to review and attempt to assess all of my major life events and whether my intent, magick or whatever had any impact.

So, I listed the events and weighted each event on a scale from 0-10 with ten being the most likely that it was the direct result of my intent or some other "power" outside of just chance. The scores ranged from a 2 (I tried everything including magick and could not get this to budge) to several that were a 10 (just defied the laws of probability of chance). I then added the scores and divided by the number of items thus getting a mean. My mean was about a 7.5 which I interpreted to mean that there seems to be something going on in some cases. It is obviously not the strongest case to be made as if I had a score of 9 or even 10, to me that would mean that I or something was pretty powerful. On the other hand, it was not in the lower ranges either.

Now, I fully realize all of the limitations of this kind of very simplistic analysis but very honestly, I think it is kind of accurate. I think that I have had some kind of influence over some things, but not everything. I tried to look over the list and find some common theme for the successes and failures, but honestly there wasn't anything that was consistent so I have no real idea why some things fell flat and others worked. Also, there was no consistent technique as in some of the best cases, it was simple daydreaming and being in a really positive frame of mind that resulted in the best results. Actually, as I reflect even further, I would say that simple expectation worked best and even in the cases which were impossible. In most of those cases, the situations were not unanticipated; however, once they happened, I absolutely could not rein them in and change course. Also, most were the result of taking advantage of opportunities and taking risks rather than waiting for things to just appear.

I don't quite understand, there appears to be quite a bit of vagueness to your post, either that, or I'm completely missing the context.

So you created an assessment of your own magickal ability and rated each "thing" that you could do with a 1-10 rank? Perhaps showing an example of your assessment might help to convey your point. :)
High Priestess of the coven Circle of the Old Religion

~Blessed Be~

KrvZk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 02:02:36 am »

Lots of synchronicity with a reply I made a few minutes ago. Almost exact words but also new concepts that make sense. Not everyone can understand the subtle things that had unclear images but I get a peeking behind my vision sense of things you mean. Confusion weeds out those who can't understand while enticing those who become intrigued.

I've had strange experiences too that I can't duplicate at will but if a moment comes along and I follow along with it, there are times when things happen that I've even had witnesses that tell me things like that never happen when I'm not around. Those are my favorite because those people can understand when I'm telling them things that there aren't words for, just strange metaphors.

Reading your post was like that for me too, to know I'm not the only one instead of hiding it from most people because of their brainwashed stipulations that prevent understanding. A few weeks ago I started looking for a site to talk with people who can share experiences. I gave up after a couple hours of not getting webcrawler to find anything decent. Now I just stumbled upon this while looking for something else. It might not be a 10 but I think it's at least a 5.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 06:30:24 am by Morag »

anarchistbanjo

• View Profile
    • https://anarchistbanjosworld.wordpress.com/
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 10:17:04 am »

What an interesting idea! But I will take your word for it! Perhaps I can add some insight to what you have shared. The astral is not an empty place, but rather is totally filled and under great pressure. When you add a marble to the ones already in the astral (add magical energy in the form of a spell, wish or desire) It sits there and remains waiting to be pushed out the bottom as a physical event. You might even think of it as putting a ping pong ball into a long tube. You put it in one end and a different one pops out the other end. The trick is to have enough ping pong balls in the tube that something you want pops out the other end when you put one in! Easier said than done. That said, if you continue to insert new ping pong balls into the tube your original one will eventually come out. When that happens you have created the magical link for yourself.

Another factor is how difficult something is to manifest. That means being too specific or choosy in what you will accept. It takes more magic or energy to manifest a new car than the "right" car.

And finally the level and type of energy you are working with has a lot to do with how easily something will magically manifest as a physical object or event. Generally speaking the closer you are to the etheric planes the better your chances of manifesting something physically. That means lots of strenuous physical work energy or even tantric energies.

Naturebound

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 06:52:09 pm »
Now, I fully realize all of the limitations of this kind of very simplistic analysis but very honestly, I think it is kind of accurate. I think that I have had some kind of influence over some things, but not everything. I tried to look over the list and find some common theme for the successes and failures, but honestly there wasn't anything that was consistent so I have no real idea why some things fell flat and others worked. Also, there was no consistent technique as in some of the best cases, it was simple daydreaming and being in a really positive frame of mind that resulted in the best results. Actually, as I reflect even further, I would say that simple expectation worked best and even in the cases which were impossible. In most of those cases, the situations were not unanticipated; however, once they happened, I absolutely could not rein them in and change course.

Okay, I admire your extremely logical analysis of Magick and how much it is the cause of manifestation in your life.  What might be helpful for you is to look into the Law of Attraction, which can apply to your best results in positive thinking or expectations ect...  Rhonda Byrne wrote The Secret which is a very rudimentary introduction to the concept... but no less effective if applied.

I use writing as a tool in manifestation but it has to resonate with my particular need or energy to be successful. Writing is also beneficial as a record of what I put my energy towards and reaffirms the success rate and how long it takes.  The greater the need the faster it manifests.  

Good luck on your quest!

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2016, 08:45:58 pm »
Quote from: Naturebound;196705

Hi, Naturebound,

Just so you know, this is an older thread, and the OP hasn't been logged in on TC in over a year.

Reviving threads is okay, so you're not in any trouble. But since you're directly addressing the OP, it seemed like a good idea to let you know that they're extremely unlikely to respond, or even see what you've said to them.

The date on which a post was made is in the upper left-hand corner of each post, and you can see whether a person you're thinking of responding to has been active recently or not by looking underneath their avatar in the profile sidebar of the post (it has 'Join date' first, then right under that 'Last online'). It's good to get in the habit of noticing this, so you can make a more informed decision about whether to post to a thread and the best way to do so. (If you're using Tapatalk to access TC, you can't see when someone was last online without clicking through to their profile, but you should still be able to see the dates on posts, which can be a cue for whether it's a good idea to click through and check how recently they've been active)

Sunflower
TC Forum Staff
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/he
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2016, 01:28:50 am »
Quote from: Naturebound;196705
Okay, I admire your extremely logical analysis of Magick and how much it is the cause of manifestation in your life.  What might be helpful for you is to look into the Law of Attraction, which can apply to your best results in positive thinking or expectations ect...  Rhonda Byrne wrote The Secret which is a very rudimentary introduction to the concept... but no less effective if applied.

I've never had much luck with the idea of the Law of Attraction on any level bigger than sympathetic magic because I find the problematic implications loom too large in my thoughts. How do you cope with that?
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

Naturebound

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2016, 09:30:34 am »
Quote from: SunflowerP;196728
Hi, Naturebound,

Just so you know, this is an older thread, and the OP hasn't been logged in on TC in over a year.

Reviving threads is okay, so you're not in any trouble. But since you're directly addressing the OP, it seemed like a good idea to let you know that they're extremely unlikely to respond, or even see what you've said to them.

The date on which a post was made is in the upper left-hand corner of each post, and you can see whether a person you're thinking of responding to has been active recently or not by looking underneath their avatar in the profile sidebar of the post (it has 'Join date' first, then right under that 'Last online'). It's good to get in the habit of noticing this, so you can make a more informed decision about whether to post to a thread and the best way to do so. (If you're using Tapatalk to access TC, you can't see when someone was last online without clicking through to their profile, but you should still be able to see the dates on posts, which can be a cue for whether it's a good idea to click through and check how recently they've been active)

Sunflower
TC Forum Staff

Hey! Thanks for the tip! I'm still learning how to navigate this forum... lol and I am technologically challenged most of the time anyways... Many thanks!;)

Naturebound

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2016, 11:06:00 am »
Quote from: Jack;196757
I've never had much luck with the idea of the Law of Attraction on any level bigger than sympathetic magic because I find the problematic implications loom too large in my thoughts. How do you cope with that?

Awesome. I'm new to this forum so thank you for the question. I incorporate aspects of different belief systems to my own. With that perspective I'm speaking from my own experience but might be a poor spokesman for Law of Attraction specifically as intended which is why I suggested the book.

However, How I deal with 'problematic implications looming in thoughts,' I have this unwavering faith in my soul.  I believe the energy of ones soul in its purest form connects us with the God/Goddess/Universe ect... Therefore tapping into this soul energy is key...  When I try to manifest things (through law of attraction, prayer spells, rituals or magic) that disagrees with my soul there is that resistance.  There is a reason for that resistance... which usually gives me insight on where and what I should be focusing my energy into.

Now, back to The Secret...there are plenty of tools to use to keep negative thoughts at bay like gratitude, positive affirmations, journal writing, listening to music, intense visualization, believing you are in whatever situation, through imaginative focus and meditation, until it attracts that circumstance in your real physical life. However, it is very discombobulating if these practices promote being delusional or being in denial of what is actually going on in your life in the present.  

I incorporate the tools of the law of attraction but in moderation.  I write journal entries and put the energy and focus into where I want to be in the future but it has to resonate with my soul's truest desire which requires a lot of reflection.  It's nice to look back in your journal and see what dreams become your physical reality.  Writing helps release it in the universe to do its thing without dwelling and holding on to it which usually becomes a fear based resistance... in my experience.

I think the most unexpected fantastic manifestation was a daydream I had and wrote down of traveling and exploring exotic places... and then forgot about writing it... a few months later I ended up in Hawaii and saw the previous entry.  (The reason it was so fantastic is at the time I had no extra money and was struggling to pay bills, but was graciously given a fully paid vacation)  I love synchronicity if law of attraction is completely false. But who knows?

So yes very, very tricky... 'Knowing thyself' is essential and a never ending quest.

Hope this helps... Sorry for the lengthiness.. lol It's just really nice to bounce ideas around and my current situation has left me with lots of time... probably too much time and my thoughts run rampant...

Many Thanks ;)

Tags: