Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: I need to calm down  (Read 4386 times)

tue2day

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
I need to calm down
« on: June 01, 2015, 02:10:49 pm »
I am just having an overall shitty day. Woke up mad at everything, customers are griping more than usual, twice as busy and half the employees, plus one that only has negative things to say to me. This has basically caused my anxiety to sky rocket and it's killing me. I normally love my job but today I just need to chill.

Anybody have any tips for calming myself at work or some way to improve this day? Something simple I can do at work. I've got a few runes drawn on my arm that have helped but any advice, spiritual or not, would be very welcome.

juniper.

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: I need to calm down
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 06:17:56 pm »
Quote from: tue2day;175657
Anybody have any tips for calming myself at work or some way to improve this day? Something simple I can do at work. I've got a few runes drawn on my arm that have helped but any advice, spiritual or not, would be very welcome.

If you able to get a break, I have always found going for a walk outside helps me when I get in a mood. I used to watch the sparrows because I found them so endearing--perhaps there is some small thing you can watch nearby that will have a similar effect? If you can't get a break, try a five minute slow breathing exercise in the toilet. Breathe in for the count of three or four. Hold for three or four. Breathe out for three or four. Good luck!

Laveth

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 04:05:57 pm »
I am just having an overall shitty day. Woke up mad at everything, customers are griping more than usual, twice as busy and half the employees, plus one that only has negative things to say to me. This has basically caused my anxiety to sky rocket and it's killing me. I normally love my job but today I just need to chill.

I'm usually able to take a few minutes every couple hours to go outside and just take a breather. Plus the majority of my coworkers I'm able to chat with in a positive way and that tends to turn my mood back into my favor. At least until I'm able to get home and break out the wine and movies/books.

Freesia

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 09:29:29 pm »

Mantras help me. If I can't remember "om mani padme hum" I mumble the Serenity prayer. Most people understand that the Serenity prayer is a last line defense against losing one's shit and will typically back off. At least that has been my experience.

tue2day

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 09:35:55 pm »
Quote from: Freesia;175715
Mantras help me. If I can't remember "om mani padme hum" I mumble the Serenity prayer. Most people understand that the Serenity prayer is a last line defense against losing one's shit and will typically back off. At least that has been my experience.
What is the serenity prayer? I haven't heard of that before.

Freesia

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2015, 09:46:46 pm »
Quote from: tue2day;175716
What is the serenity prayer? I haven't heard of that before.

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things I can not accept, and the wisdom to know the difference."

tue2day

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2015, 09:48:37 pm »
Quote from: Freesia;175719
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things I can not accept, and the wisdom to know the difference."
Oh lol I guess I have heard it I just didn't know it's name. Thanks for the advice.

goeden

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2015, 06:53:40 pm »
I normally love my job but today I just need to chill.

I was having this exact issue the other day. (I fix computers for people and people get very emotional over technology so somedays it's bad) I've found, even if it's only for one or two minutes, it can help to focus completely on your breath. The sensation of the air, the sound, etc. It's soothing and helps me not flip out.

ovjanelle

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2015, 08:31:40 pm »

When I'm having a shitty day at work I tend to just say a small prayer to my deities and breath in and out slowly to try to recollect myself. I'm at home right now and I'm having some relationship issues that sent me over the edge bawling my eyes out and sending way too many messages to my boyfriend who has been ignoring every one of them. I realized I needed to calm down and give him space and so I went to my altar and breathed in deeply and prayed. You don't have to have an altar in front of you, though, to pray. c:

Valeria Crowe

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://thesallowbeldam.tumblr.com/
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2015, 11:55:32 pm »

Sleep.  Tea. Hot showers.

If you don't have an opportunity for any of these, mass homicide by catapult-launched cash register-induced blunt force trauma.

What? It'll lift your spirits a treat, and the cops will be too busy laughing to arrest you. ;)
"This is a sorrow-spider. Which end do you hold it by? TRICK QUESTION!"

Edward

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2016, 03:26:26 pm »

Since you already use runes, perhaps you already know about runic meditation. It has worked wonders for my severe anxiety issues, but it does require a commitment of at least 20 minutes each morning and it is best to do another 20 in the evening. By matching the sound of the rune, the image of the rune, and my own intent to invite joyous, positive energy into my life, I've found that it really works - and believe me, I was a skeptic before I tried it.

Tags: