Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: Humanity Has Been Defeated, and I'm Thrilled!  (Read 2860 times)

Altair

• Staff
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
    • Songs of the Metamythos
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Humanity Has Been Defeated, and I'm Thrilled!
« on: May 28, 2015, 08:03:17 am »
If you define "humanity" as elderly eunuchs gliding haughtily in satin slippers through gilded halls, then yes, this is definitely a defeat for them. For ordinary folks just trying to find happiness and who care about their loved ones, this is a big win.

Vatican: Irish marriage vote a "defeat for humanity"

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/vatican-pietro-parolin-ireland-same-sex-gay-marriage-defeat-for-humanity/

(Oh, did I mention they held some kind of vote in Ireland last week?...;))
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

Lana288

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Humanity Has Been Defeated, and I'm Thrilled!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 12:07:13 pm »
Quote from: Altair;175472
If you define "humanity" as elderly eunuchs gliding haughtily in satin slippers through gilded halls, then yes, this is definitely a defeat for them. For ordinary folks just trying to find happiness and who care about their loved ones, this is a big win.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/vatican-pietro-parolin-ireland-same-sex-gay-marriage-defeat-for-humanity/

Oh my heavens! A vote? In Ireland? Supporting those *gay* people? You wait until God hears about this!

-Lols aside, I am and have been incredibly happy to hear that Ireland's popular vote made queer marriages legal. Hopefully, this'll be the start of a trend.

Faemon

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 12:14:15 pm »

Three cheers.

From the article:

"I think that you cannot just talk of a defeat for Christian principles, but a defeat for humanity."

--Cardinal Pietro Parolin

Gay people are human. It's a victory for humane equality. You must just talk of a defeat for Christian principles, Parolin.

Parolin's words are in line with Pope Francis' views on marriage and family.

Although Francis made headlines in 2013 with his "who am I to judge" phrase in regard to homosexuals, he has consistently defended heterosexual marriage and traditional family values.

This wasn't a vote to ban heterosexual marriage. Heterosexual marriages are still happening. Heterosexual marriages can continue to happen. There is nothing to defend against. There is no attack. :confused:
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 12:20:57 pm by Faemon »
The Codex of Poesy: wishcraft, faelatry, alchemy, and other slight misspellings.
the Otherfaith: Chromatic Genderbending Faery Monarchs of Technology. DeviantArt

Lana288

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 12:42:32 pm »
Quote from: Faemon;175479
This wasn't a vote to ban heterosexual marriage. Heterosexual marriages are still happening. Heterosexual marriages can continue to happen. There is nothing to defend against. There is no attack. :confused:

*Shrugs* I don't understand either. Is it because they're afraid that if there's another option, straight people will stop marrying each other? 'Cause I don't see that happening.

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 01:01:42 pm »

It's a defeat for conservative Christian views on marriage, but that's hardly all of humanity. Unless you have to be a conservative Catholic to be considered human by Cardinal Parolin, but then he's defined "humanity" to be "people who agree with me" which seems to be a fairly silly definition.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Melamphoros

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 06:30:45 pm »

I have a bone to pick with you about the thread title.  I was expecting a nice apocalypse.  Now I have nothing to watch while eating this giant bowl of popcorn:(

But I guess I'll make do with cheering the Irish people on... and pointing and laughing at those getting aneurysms over it.

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog

Sefiru

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 06:59:39 pm »
If you define "humanity" as elderly eunuchs gliding haughtily in satin slippers through gilded halls,

The right to glide haughtily in satin slippers through gilded halls should be open to all. My landlord disagrees with me about the last part though.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me on AO3 & Deviantart

HeartShadow

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flamekeeping.org
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2015, 08:18:03 pm »
Quote from: Sefiru;175495
The right to glide haughtily in satin slippers through gilded halls should be open to all. My landlord disagrees with me about the last part though.

Clearly you must buy your own halls to gild!

Altair

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2015, 11:36:05 pm »
Quote from: Melamphoros;175492
I have a bone to pick with you about the thread title.  I was expecting a nice apocalypse.  Now I have nothing to watch while eating this giant bowl of popcorn:(

I used a similar title when I wrote about this on my Facebook page. A friend joked that, since he's always hated humanity, it's a good first step. To which I replied:

"Next step: raising the Old Ones. Praise Cthulhu!"

I thought of you as my little fingers typed away.
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

Altair

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2015, 11:42:21 pm »

Hey, we pagans got inadvertently backhanded in the latest comments in reaction to the vote! Go, us!

Catholic Cardinal: Ireland's Vote for Gay Marriage 'In Defiance of God,' Worse Than 'Pagans'

http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/catholic-cardinal-irelands-vote-gay-marriage-defiance-god-worse-pagans

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2015, 02:31:49 pm »
Quote from: Altair;175509
Hey, we pagans got inadvertently backhanded in the latest comments in reaction to the vote! Go, us!

He must have been referring to ancient Pagans who did not call it marriage because I seem to remember there were some homosexual marriages performed by modern Pagan groups as early as the 1970s.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2015, 02:40:27 pm »
Quote from: RandallS;175538
He must have been referring to ancient Pagans who did not call it marriage because I seem to remember there were some homosexual marriages performed by modern Pagan groups as early as the 1970s.

Or was using the term in its... hmm. Bibliocentric?... meaning, in which worship of JHVH is the original form of religion, and 'pagan' means those who turned away from it somewhere around the time of the events in the book of Genesis. I associate that usage more with evangelical and/or fundamentalist Protestantism than with Catholics, but I doubt it's exclusive to the former. Nothing to do with us, and nothing to do with ancient pagans such as the Greeks and Romans, either, really.

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

SerpentineSorcerer

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://abracadabra-macabre.tumblr.com/
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2015, 09:55:35 am »

In honor of this defeat for humanity I dedicate this song to it, and to the overwhelming victory for The Gay Agenda(tm)

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0GFRcFm-aY[/video]
"Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal"

"Life is not separate from death. It only looks that way."

Skyth

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2015, 12:32:11 am »

Kind of sad they had to put it to a popular vote (From what I understand that was required for constitutional purposes).

Melamphoros

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2015, 09:48:30 am »
Quote from: Skyth;175600
Kind of sad they had to put it to a popular vote (From what I understand that was required for constitutional purposes).

Yes, but they put it to a popular vote and it WON.

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog

Tags: