collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Help Dealing with Demon  (Read 2446 times)

thibouforever

• View Profile
Help Dealing with Demon
« on: May 27, 2015, 08:10:20 pm »
My ex-boyfriend is dealing with a plainswalker demon that's taken over his body, can anyone help me get him back?

Hieronymus

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Help
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 08:48:23 pm »
Quote from: thibouforever;175451
My ex-boyfriend is dealing with a plainswalker demon that's taken over his body, can anyone help me get him back?

How do you know that it's a "plainswalker" demon?
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
- da Vinci

thibouforever

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 08:50:08 pm »
Both he and i have recently gotten into plainswalking, and it's picked it up from him. It's taken the body that he uses on the other plain a couple of times.

carillion

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 10:25:53 pm »
Quote from: thibouforever;175453
Both he and i have recently gotten into plainswalking, and it's picked it up from him. It's taken the body that he uses on the other plain a couple of times.

Just a couple of questions for clarity. What is 'plainswalking'?  What plains are you referring to? Also, why do you think your boyfriend has been possessed by something and why do you think it's a 'demon' ? Are there demons indigenous to the Plains?

thibouforever

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 06:48:15 am »
There is another plain and my ex and i can both switch bodies with someone from over there. My partner over there, her name is Olyssa. His is Wyatt. I know it is a demon because it told me so it's self. As has Wyatt, and my teachers, Kat and Rayne.

Chabas

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 08:19:13 am »
Quote from: thibouforever;175469
There is another plain and my ex and i can both switch bodies with someone from over there. My partner over there, her name is Olyssa. His is Wyatt. I know it is a demon because it told me so it's self. As has Wyatt, and my teachers, Kat and Rayne.

A Reminder:
Just a quick note:  Please remember to quote, even if you're just  replying to the first message in the thread.  It makes the discussion  easier to follow, and it's required by  our  rules. (If you're using tapatalk on a phone, please hold your finger down on the message you wish to reply to until the quote function pops up.)

This isn't a formal warning, just a reminder.  No  reply is necessary, but if you have questions or need clarification,  please feel free to contact a member of staff privately.

Thanks!

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 08:45:55 am »
Quote from: thibouforever;175453

Which body is possessed by the demon?
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
Re: Help Dealing with Demon
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2015, 01:19:11 pm »
Quote from: thibouforever;175451

My advice is to stop talking to weird exes. This is life advice in general, mind.

Demonic possession tends to have a checklist of symptoms that you can refer to to see if someone is actually possessed, or if they've just absorbed a lot of RPG ideas and want to feel special. You can refer to Felicitas D. Goodman's handy little book "How About Demons?" for more information on that, or probably find it via Google search. The list includes things like roaming. eating strange substances, repulsive stench... etc etc.

Now, if he's actually full-blown possessed and not faking, there's actually not a hell of a lot you can do if you're not an expert as exorcisms are said to be very intense. You'd need a magical practitioner who has experience with that sort of thing. (I'm including priests in that category.) If it's not THAT bad, I'd recommend a regime of banishing rituals, positive energy and blessing work, all backed up with him telling the demon to bugger off.

I realise that this can seem very scary, but chances are it's not a huge deal. When I was much younger than I am now, I knew a person who would be 'taken over' by bad entities when we tried to do astral projection exercises and the like. A lot of what was actually happening was fakery, although how much was intentional I'm not sure - she had a lot of problems at the time. Psychological issues should be considered when 'demons' pop up, for the sake of everyone involved. Meds might work better than an exorcist in some cases, you know? And the goal is to help the 'possessed' even if the answers are less spooky.

Valeria Crowe

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://thesallowbeldam.tumblr.com/
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2015, 02:41:28 pm »
Quote from: Mama Fortuna;175484

Now, if he's actually full-blown possessed and not faking, there's actually not a hell of a lot you can do if you're not an expert as exorcisms are said to be very intense. You'd need a magical practitioner who has experience with that sort of thing. (I'm including priests in that category.) If it's not THAT bad, I'd recommend a regime of banishing rituals, positive energy and blessing work, all backed up with him telling the demon to bugger off.

Or, you know, you could ask it what it wants. It's a sentient, sapient being, yes?  Why is it bothering your boyfriend? What does it wat in order to go away?
"This is a sorrow-spider. Which end do you hold it by? TRICK QUESTION!"

Hieronymus

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2015, 07:24:30 pm »
Quote from: Mama Fortuna;175484
My advice is to stop talking to weird exes. This is life advice in general, mind.

Demonic possession tends to have a checklist of symptoms that you can refer to to see if someone is actually possessed, or if they've just absorbed a lot of RPG ideas and want to feel special. You can refer to Felicitas D. Goodman's handy little book "How About Demons?" for more information on that, or probably find it via Google search. The list includes things like roaming. eating strange substances, repulsive stench... etc etc.

I realise that this can seem very scary, but chances are it's not a huge deal. When I was much younger than I am now, I knew a person who would be 'taken over' by bad entities when we tried to do astral projection exercises and the like. A lot of what was actually happening was fakery, although how much was intentional I'm not sure - she had a lot of problems at the time. Psychological issues should be considered when 'demons' pop up, for the sake of everyone involved. Meds might work better than an exorcist in some cases, you know? And the goal is to help the 'possessed' even if the answers are less spooky.

I think Mama Fortuna summed it up very well. If it's truly demonic possession:

I'd seek some very experienced people to begin to deal with that.
How long has he shown signs and what are those signs?
On a side note, I've had exes who claimed to have "issues" that they needed magical help with. Turns out they just wanted to keep me around a bit longer. My desire to help people was taken advantage of a few times. Not saying that's the case, but it's worth a thought.
Lastly, entities or spirits can lie. If it told you it was a demon, I wouldn't take that on faith (no pun intended). I once conversed with a spirit that claimed to be a witch that died centuries ago. Turns out it had some of the same quirks as another one my group talked to, a very mischievous adolescent. They turned out to be one in the same and we had been played. It's be to get as much info as you can.
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
- da Vinci

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2015, 08:20:24 pm »
Quote from: Cuthwin Crowe;175485
Or, you know, you could ask it what it wants. It's a sentient, sapient being, yes?  Why is it bothering your boyfriend? What does it wat in order to go away?

I'd say yeah, totally, be it's pal... if it weren't (supposedly) taking over a body without permission. That's the sort of behaviour that gets your ass kicked out of the party.

If this were a lesser situation, bring out the tea and cakes and have a chat if that's your bag. Some people have great success with a 'friendlier' goetia and I think that's swell. (I'm also not convinced the OP and Co. have any real experience with that shit either - 'plainswalking demons' sounds like RPG stuff according to Google, but who knows?)

Valeria Crowe

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://thesallowbeldam.tumblr.com/
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2015, 09:11:38 pm »
Quote from: Mama Fortuna;175498
I'd say yeah, totally, be it's pal... if it weren't (supposedly) taking over a body without permission. That's the sort of behaviour that gets your ass kicked out of the party.

If this were a lesser situation, bring out the tea and cakes and have a chat if that's your bag. Some people have great success with a 'friendlier' goetia and I think that's swell. (I'm also not convinced the OP and Co. have any real experience with that shit either - 'plainswalking demons' sounds like RPG stuff according to Google, but who knows?)

Didn't say 'be its pal', I said figure out what it wants so you can treat the disease, not the symptoms.

Its a being that isn't, and may never have been human. It might not realize possession is a bad thing, or even happening. It might be doing what its doing because its an ass, or because their houses fung shuei offends it, or their blue curtains give it a headache, or because these amateurs are putting out a giant 'come possess me' sign, amd they'll never know if they don't ask. And if its coming into their lives because of some circumstance outside of its own inexplicable whims, banishing it just deals with it, not any others that come.

Its like mopping up a leak without checking which pipe is leaking first.
"This is a sorrow-spider. Which end do you hold it by? TRICK QUESTION!"

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2015, 12:51:08 am »
Quote from: Cuthwin Crowe;175502
Didn't say 'be its pal', I said figure out what it wants so you can treat the disease, not the symptoms.

Its a being that isn't, and may never have been human. It might not realize possession is a bad thing, or even happening. It might be doing what its doing because its an ass, or because their houses fung shuei offends it, or their blue curtains give it a headache, or because these amateurs are putting out a giant 'come possess me' sign, amd they'll never know if they don't ask. And if its coming into their lives because of some circumstance outside of its own inexplicable whims, banishing it just deals with it, not any others that come.

Its like mopping up a leak without checking which pipe is leaking first.

Well you COULD still be its pal.

I'm all for treating the disease - I think all of your points are totally valid. But I also think that if someone is already possessed, you should deal with that crisis first. Kinda hard to do anything if you're legit possessed. (Which again, who knows if that's even the case. It could be way milder, and in fact probably is.)

Tags: