Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Vanatru, Rokkatru, and UPG: where to draw the line?  (Read 12306 times)

Stormjaer

• Banned!
    • View Profile
Re: Vanatru, Rokkatru, and UPG: where to draw the line?
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2016, 02:39:53 am »
Quote from: Tom;175318
Though I kinda have a hard time seeing Jotnar as beings that just /are/ personally considering how powerful and dynamic forces of nature are and how we can't simply harness them. Jotnar are representative of the very forces that have shaped our planet far more than humans could've back in the middle ages before we had dynamite and other explosives. Nature may mostly work slower than man, but erosion is why we have the world we have now.

So are you saying that there is no room for mystery cults underneath the Heathen umbrella? And remember that there are multiple paths that can rightly call themselves Heathen before painting them as all being focused on the same thing.

You realize that using the word imbalanced to describe people who have experiences outside the norm is actually implying a lot of unpleasant things about these people? As it's been used to describe people who are seen as unfit for society?

And how can you definite this world as being reality anyways? There are those out there who would rather prescribe to Plato's Allegory of the Cave who believe that this world is an imperfect reflection of real reality out there. And I find it very difficult to consider this world to be perfect as it's imperfections are a feature, not a bug. The world is in a constant state of flux as true balance is an impossibility.

Thank you btw, by your fascinating bit of UPG. It's a rather interesting counterpoint to the more Jotnar and Vanic viewpoints that have been discussed in this thread so far. You seem to be advocating for a more Midgard centric view of the Heathen cosmology correct?

A lot of these people tend to think they are heathen, yet are still prone to perception within a judeo-christian paradigm. The idea of good and evil, in regard to his insinuation of imbalance, clearly displays this christian-mentality.

The pre-christian people did not acknowledge the idea of evil, or good. In fact balance is not being a hippy and believing in overpopulation as you clearly do. The dark gods of the Norse pantheon, just like all the other heathen pantheons, have their own role in keeping the balance. If there were only peace, and never war, the world would perish. Imagine your grand children going to the futuristic version of a zoo, a natural museum. In this museum they see holographs or documentaries of animals, not the actual animals, because due to overpopulation and the importance placed upon the preservation of human life, by the ignorant and least educated of peoples, it is the animals that have gone extinct as a ritualistic sacrifice to the ideal of humanitarianism. Is that what you want?

In the real world every achievement has a sacrifice linked to it. If you want to be the strongest, or the best, you have to topple others to get there. Ideals don't come free of sacrifice, I'll refer to the ongoing white genocide in my country, and the rape statistics of Sweden as two very good examples.

You possess a dogma that is not heathen, it is semetic. There are some times where there must be peace, but far more times where there must be war in order to keep balance. Since you seem like a liberal rich kid from a 1st world country, I can understand why you don't comprehend what balance truly is. The Left-hand path and the Right-hand path are actually really fundamental in magic and heathenism, Asatru can have LHP and RHP practitioners at the same time. There is no absolute dogma, the only dogma that is 'right' is the one you impose upon yourself. Your values is what determines upon which path you journey, unless you are like the majority of modern westerners that still stick to judeo-christian dogma whilst trying to be a pagan.

What is 'evil' to me is savagery, ignorance, stupidity, weakness of body, weakness of mind(being wishy-washy), and in a general sense, anything that is unnatural, such as liberalism. Since I am of the LHP, I do not worship 'gods' I work with them in the attempt to emulate them and someday become a 'god' and travel other worlds/dimensions. The idea of dark and light are also subjective, in the sense that light can guide your way, but it can also blind you. Just as darkness can conceal things from you, but it can also conceal you, or serve as a barrier. I like Asatru, Vanatru, and Rokkatru, I revere only the entities that I myself admire, and find personal relation to, mostly that would be Vanir entities. If a 'dark' entity or force can aid my desires and goals, and a 'lighter' entity or force cannot, then the 'dark' is my good, and the 'light' is my evil for that specific task or desire only. If your peace/good/light preserves only people and eventually destroys everything else, and your war/evil/darkness sacrifices the lives of the majority of humans in order to preserve the natural order, and animal life, then I think it is clear to me, that we have radically different perspectives. Your goal is apparently a hippy-esque existence with boring people that everybody sees every day, mine is balance and perfection.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 03:20:50 am by SunflowerP »

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2016, 03:27:05 am »
Quote from: Stormjaer;186465

A Reminder:
Hi, Stormjaer,

Just a quick note:  Please remember to quote, and to leave all of the quote code (the parts inside the square brackets) intact, even if you're just  replying to the first message in the thread.  It makes the discussion  easier to follow, and it's required by  our  rules. (If you're using tapatalk on a phone, please hold your finger down on the message you wish to reply to until the quote function pops up.)

I've restored the open-quote tag that you deleted, this time, to minimize others' confusion about whether and whom you're quoting.

This isn't a formal warning, just a reminder.  No  reply is necessary, but if you have questions or need clarification,  please feel free to contact a member of staff privately.

Thanks!
Sunflower, TC Forum Staff
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2016, 04:29:37 am »
Quote from: Stormjaer;186465

*** MOD HAT ON ***
Personal attacks - such as name-calling, hostile remarks, and accusations - are a violation of our rules, which you agreed to follow when you signed up. I would strongly suggest you reread those rules, since there are several others of them that you are close to breaking.

This is your first warning.

Sunflower
TC Forum Staff
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Stormjaer

• Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2016, 01:36:17 pm »
Quote from: SunflowerP;186468
*** MOD HAT ON ***
Personal attacks - such as name-calling, hostile remarks, and accusations - are a violation of our rules, which you agreed to follow when you signed up. I would strongly suggest you reread those rules, since there are several others of them that you are close to breaking.

This is your first warning.

Sunflower
TC Forum Staff

For a moderator you seem to be quite illiterate. Provide and example of me directly insulting this individual? Or is he your friend whom complained to you after having been educated upon the subject at hand? The only comments I made directly to him were I believe that his nature is hippy-esque, and that he is a rich kid from a 1st world country. So tell me exactly which of those are degrading? I suggest you retract the warning, since you clearly made a mistake.

Stormjaer

• Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2016, 01:46:36 pm »
Quote from: Stormjaer;186536
For a moderator you seem to be quite illiterate. Provide and example of me directly insulting this individual? Or is he your friend whom complained to you after having been educated upon the subject at hand? The only comments I made directly to him were I believe that his nature is hippy-esque, and that he is a rich kid from a 1st world country. So tell me exactly which of those are degrading? I suggest you retract the warning, since you clearly made a mistake.

Obey US Law in all activity on The Cauldron.
Do not be a jackass. Do not behave in a manner the staff or hosts might consider obnoxious (e.g. making personal attacks, arguing mod calls, advertising without approval, trying to moderate other members, don't use gratuitous obscenities or slur words, etc.)
Post legibly and accessibly (e.g. use short paragraphs separated by blank lines, don't write in "netspeak", quote a small part of the message you are replying to, use standard English not jargon, etc.)
You permanently and irrevocably grant The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum the right to use anything you post. (There are a few partial exceptions to this explained in the main rules, but this applies the the vast majority of the board.)

So according to the rules you suggested I familiarize myself with, I was never wrong in regards to my post to the aforementioned individual. I never insulted him. Hippy-esque can be viewed as a compliment by liberals, and an insult by nationalists/communists/monarchists/imperialists, thus seeing as his philosophy is clearly of the liberal sort, he should take it as a complement, your opinion in this matter is both subjective and bias, thus I once again reaffirm my innocence in this matter. The other  comment I made about him was that he is a rich kid from a 1st world country. In what world is that an insult? My accusation suggested ignorance to the struggles of the rest of the world. How is that demeaning?

According to your rules among all the posts I have made, including this one I could only possibly qualify for a single warning, since this post is directly challenging your 'judgement' in this matter. However, seeing as I am clearly not wrong in defending myself, I would request that you withdraw any warnings that will probably be attributed to this post. You can't punish somebody else because you made a mistake, or is that your liberal prerogative?

Anisaer

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2016, 01:56:20 pm »
For a moderator you seem to be quite illiterate. ...I suggest you retract the warning, since you clearly made a mistake.

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2016, 02:23:07 pm »

[mod=Host Hat On]No mistake was made. However, it does not matter as you will be finding another forum as you have been banned here.[/mod]
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Tags: