Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Weird Dream (Is my Patron/Matron Making First Contact?)  (Read 1568 times)

Funk

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Weird Dream (Is my Patron/Matron Making First Contact?)
« on: May 19, 2015, 07:50:06 pm »
First time poster. I had believed in multiple deities for awhile now but none have called on me. Until earlier when I had a weird dream where a bunch of scenes were playing out at once while the word Kaos blinked on and off eventually being ate by a hippo that spit out the word.

some of the things that played through it was

A golden apple with one bite taken out oxidizing in a field on barley
A dying mermaid begging the gods to be turn into a statue
A man being chased by a female clan only for a hooded figure to kill them all
Egyptian icons like the sphinx and a golden pillar with wings
Pea puree melting into the snow
A toy bike with a scythe on it riding down a street I know

it was odd and gave me a strong emotion like it was a sign,  but I don't know what it means except that it gave me purpose. What Pa/Matron do you think is calling me?

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
Re: Weird Dream (Is my Patron/Matron Making First Contact?)
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 07:32:05 pm »
Quote from: Funk;175177
What Pa/Matron do you think is calling me?

I have no idea. Most tend to be a bit more direct than this. Perhaps this was just a dream with no more special message than any other dream?
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Mellee

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 06:45:58 am »
Until earlier when I had a weird dream where a bunch of scenes were playing out at once while the word Kaos blinked on and off eventually being ate by a hippo that spit out the word.

I don't have much to say except that sounds like quite a dream! Were you lucid dreaming?

Sobekemiti

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • Per Sebek - The House of Sobek
  • Religion: Kemetic Orthodox, Witch, Scribe, Hem-Netjer, Sau Apprentice
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 10:23:08 am »
First time poster. I had believed in multiple deities for awhile now but none have called on me. Until earlier when I had a weird dream where a bunch of scenes were playing out at once while the word Kaos blinked on and off eventually being ate by a hippo that spit out the word.

some of the things that played through it was

A golden apple with one bite taken out oxidizing in a field on barley
A dying mermaid begging the gods to be turn into a statue
A man being chased by a female clan only for a hooded figure to kill them all
Egyptian icons like the sphinx and a golden pillar with wings
Pea puree melting into the snow
A toy bike with a scythe on it riding down a street I know

it was odd and gave me a strong emotion like it was a sign,  but I don't know what it means except that it gave me purpose. What Pa/Matron do you think is calling me?

To be honest, my first thought was that Eris is trolling you, perhaps just to see if you're paying attention. The blinking kaos and the golden apple sort of suggested Eris to me. I don't know how you feel about goddesses of discord, though. If it's not Eris, it could be another trickster, perhaps Hermes? Or, perhaps it is both, or perhaps neither. I may be totally misinterpreting things. It's hard to say from what you've given here. Only you'll know whether my thoughts ring true or not.

It could also just be a weird dream, because that sometimes happens, even if it feels meaningful. I'd keep an eye out for more dreams, or other signs, because if a god is trying to get your attention, they'll usually keep trying until they get through to you, one way or another. Perhaps try some divination, or do a small ritual, asking them to make themselves known to you. See if that brings any results.
Sobekemiti | Hekatean Witch, Kemetic Orthodox Shemsu, Sobek Devotee | My pronouns are they/she

fishbonesy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 11:07:49 pm »
Quote from: Sobekemiti;175232
To be honest, my first thought was that Eris is trolling you, perhaps just to see if you're paying attention. The blinking kaos and the golden apple sort of suggested Eris to me. I don't know how you feel about goddesses of discord, though. If it's not Eris, it could be another trickster, perhaps Hermes? Or, perhaps it is both, or perhaps neither. I may be totally misinterpreting things. It's hard to say from what you've given here. Only you'll know whether my thoughts ring true or not.

It could also just be a weird dream, because that sometimes happens, even if it feels meaningful. I'd keep an eye out for more dreams, or other signs, because if a god is trying to get your attention, they'll usually keep trying until they get through to you, one way or another. Perhaps try some divination, or do a small ritual, asking them to make themselves known to you. See if that brings any results.

I agree with all of this, I definitely got Eris vibes out of this too. I'm also seconding the idea that it could just be a one-off dream. If someone really wants your attention, they'll keep trying. That said, if you're not interested in working with Eris (or whoever it may be) for whatever reason, you're not required to answer.

Tags: