Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: DivEx-NightQueen  (Read 943 times)

NightQueen

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
DivEx-NightQueen
« on: May 19, 2015, 04:23:41 pm »
I'm having a dilemma regarding work and I thought I could use a little insight into it.  I recently graduated nursing school and until the past week the hospital where I currently work was saying that they wouldn't be able to hire me as a nurse, so I put my resume out there.  Yesterday I got a call from another hospital to schedule me for an interview, which is great except my current job is now saying that they may be able to hire me as a nurse in a few months after all.

My current place of employment is really where I'd like to stay.  This other job is over an hour commute, the pay is probably not great, and the hours for the position I'd be taking suck.  It has nothing going for it, except it's a major medical center and it's a job, which can be very hard for a new nurse to find.  So, I'm looking for a little guidance to whether I should hold out and wait for the job I really want, or take the first job offered to me.  Any insight would be helpful.  I did agree to go to an interview Friday.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 04:26:42 pm by NightQueen »

Hieronymus

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: DivEx-NightQueen
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 08:55:43 am »
Quote from: NightQueen;175168
I'm having a dilemma regarding work and I thought I could use a little insight into it.  I recently graduated nursing school and until the past week the hospital where I currently work was saying that they wouldn't be able to hire me as a nurse, so I put my resume out there.  Yesterday I got a call from another hospital to schedule me for an interview, which is great except my current job is now saying that they may be able to hire me as a nurse in a few months after all.

My current place of employment is really where I'd like to stay.  This other job is over an hour commute, the pay is probably not great, and the hours for the position I'd be taking suck.  It has nothing going for it, except it's a major medical center and it's a job, which can be very hard for a new nurse to find.  So, I'm looking for a little guidance to whether I should hold out and wait for the job I really want, or take the first job offered to me.  Any insight would be helpful.  I did agree to go to an interview Friday.

Thanks in advance.

I've been in a similar boat too. I was an adjunct prof and drove 300 miles twice a week to get to my various schools. Commutes are never fun. That being said, a job is a job. Those years doing that for me gave me enough meat for my resume to get a tenure track gig.
I'd say go on the interview at least. A bad job is better than none. If nothing else presents itself before you have to accept or walk on that job, then at least you have a fall back plan. :) best of luck, that is a tough choice.
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
- da Vinci

Myst Moonlight

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 11:40:16 am »

Thanks in advance.

Why don't you use tarot cards for advice

NightQueen

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 02:02:01 pm »
Quote from: Myst Moonlight;175194

I did, but I'm a extremely novice tarot reader and the answer wasn't all that clear for me.  Which may reflect my own ambivalence on the subject.  I was looking for someone more skilled than myself to give it a shot.  Though I'm open to answers from any divinatory system not just tarot.

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2015, 11:00:22 pm »
Quote from: Myst Moonlight;175194

TC's Divination-Exchange-Project is a longstanding and popular feature here. Threads requesting divination can be easily identified by their subject lines, for which the standard format is, 'DivEx - $username' (f'ex, this one, titled, 'DivEx-NightQueen').

There are many, perfectly sound and legitimate, reasons why someone would prefer to have a reading done by someone else, rather than (or, as well as) doing a reading for themselves - starting with, they might not practice any divination system, since 'doing divination' is not a requirement for being pagan. Or, they might be inexperienced, or want a second opinion, or prefer the greater objectivity another reader would bring to the reading, or want one using a different divination system - or, indeed, might be requesting a reading mainly to learn more about a system they're less familiar with.

Responding to a reading request in the DivEx Project by asking why the requester doesn't do their own reading is... well, it seems pretty rude to me, honestly. I'm supposing that you were unaware of the DivEx Project and that's why you responded that way, so I'm trying not to jump down your throat - but it's not a hard thing to be aware of, so if I seem a bit cranky, that's why.

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Mellee

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 07:22:13 pm »
So, I'm looking for a little guidance to whether I should hold out and wait for the job I really want, or take the first job offered to me.  Any insight would be helpful.  I did agree to go to an interview Friday.

Hi NightQueen:

Only just saw this thread today so if this answer's a little late, I apologise!

I did a one card draw using the Sacred Circle Tarot, and drew the 10 of Discs.

If you stay, you will profit from the work you've put in; from apprentice to master. Your past service has created the foundations for a rewarding future. Someone will leave and you will step up; have faith in yourself. Being generous with your skills will in time reap rewards for you.

NightQueen

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 09:59:50 pm »
Quote from: Mellee;175445
Hi NightQueen:

Only just saw this thread today so if this answer's a little late, I apologise!

I did a one card draw using the Sacred Circle Tarot, and drew the 10 of Discs.

If you stay, you will profit from the work you've put in; from apprentice to master. Your past service has created the foundations for a rewarding future. Someone will leave and you will step up; have faith in yourself. Being generous with your skills will in time reap rewards for you.

Thank you.  I did go to the interview, which I think went well, but I have not been offered the job with the commute yet (I was told I'd hear back in about two weeks).  After interviewing, I actually feel that it's a pretty good job.  Despite not being the greatest hours (the manger said she would try to move me to my preferred shift as soon as possible though) and the pay not being great, it does have very good benefits and I think it might be a good place to learn.

At the moment, if I'm offered the job, which is still an if, I feel I will take it and let my current place of employment that I would like to return if they do decide to start hiring new nurses in the next few months.

Thanks for taking the time to do a reading.  There have been several nurses who have left my current hospital over the last few months (which is actually what prompted the decisions to maybe hire new nurses, until then the answer had been a plain no).  And as a side note even if I do take the new job, in a way my old job provided a foundation for the new one.  The manger was very pleased I had experience in cardiac monitors, which I got from my current job.

Tags: