Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 08:57:21 am]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:06:51 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Author Topic: Dealing with a broken heart. Could use some support.  (Read 1697 times)

Fallron

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Dealing with a broken heart. Could use some support.
« on: May 16, 2015, 03:12:32 am »
Last year I met this girl through mutual friends and we started up a friendship and after a while I began to have feelings for her, whether she had the same feelings for me I cannot say, friend of mine said she did other said she did not. I had never had romantic feelings for a girl like this before in my life. She was everything I could ever have wanted. Smart, beautiful, funny and nice. Everything was going great and I was really hoping things might move into a good direction until a few days ago when all of a sudden she blocked me on Facebook. I was completely in shock! I sent her a text message and she didn't reply to me. I started crying, shaking and I completely broke down.

I don't know why she did it, I can't think of anything I could have done to piss her off or anything like that and it eats at me not knowing why. Maybe I invested too much in her and I've been blaming myself. I still have really intense feelings for her and I don't know how I can move on. I'm completely and utterly heartbroken and am having a hard time coping with this. I've been an emotional wreck for the last few days. I'm depressed, I cry all the time, can't sleep, I refuse to eat. I'm a mess and I know my friends and family are really worried about me. I don't know what to do.

Good positive thoughts and prayers (no energy thanks) would be much appreciated along with any advice you might have on my situation.

Sorry for such a sob story. Thank you for reading. :)

Hieronymus

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Dealing with a broken heart. Could use some support.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 08:42:55 am »
Quote from: Fallron;175061
Last year I met this girl through mutual friends and we started up a friendship and after a while I began to have feelings for her, whether she had the same feelings for me I cannot say, friend of mine said she did other said she did not. I had never had romantic feelings for a girl like this before in my life. She was everything I could ever have wanted. Smart, beautiful, funny and nice. Everything was going great and I was really hoping things might move into a good direction until a few days ago when all of a sudden she blocked me on Facebook. I was completely in shock! I sent her a text message and she didn't reply to me. I started crying, shaking and I completely broke down.

I don't know why she did it, I can't think of anything I could have done to piss her off or anything like that and it eats at me not knowing why. Maybe I invested too much in her and I've been blaming myself. I still have really intense feelings for her and I don't know how I can move on. I'm completely and utterly heartbroken and am having a hard time coping with this. I've been an emotional wreck for the last few days. I'm depressed, I cry all the time, can't sleep, I refuse to eat. I'm a mess and I know my friends and family are really worried about me. I don't know what to do.

Good positive thoughts and prayers (no energy thanks) would be much appreciated along with any advice you might have on my situation.

I'm so sorry to hear about that. I've been there and I know that words can seem moot. But I really hope you pain ebbs with time and this tempers your spirit. :)
if you need to talk, feel free to drop me a line.
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
- da Vinci

ailyah

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
    • https://circleoftheoldreligion.org/
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 09:38:53 pm »

I too am sorry for your pain.

I believe you did invest a lot into her, and she may have received council from her friends leading to you being blocked. It is also possible that she deactivated her FaceBook account, however that doesn't explain her lack of response to text messaging.

She was your first love, and as you mentioned, she was everything you wanted! Give her some time, if the universe wills it, she will return, if not, then it wasn't meant to be. I know you're hurting, but it will get better!
High Priestess of the coven Circle of the Old Religion

~Blessed Be~

Fallron

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 11:47:48 pm »
Quote from: ailyah;175089
I too am sorry for your pain.

I believe you did invest a lot into her, and she may have received council from her friends leading to you being blocked. It is also possible that she deactivated her FaceBook account, however that doesn't explain her lack of response to text messaging.

She was your first love, and as you mentioned, she was everything you wanted! Give her some time, if the universe wills it, she will return, if not, then it wasn't meant to be. I know you're hurting, but it will get better!

I did indeed invest a lot in her and she was my first love which makes it extremely hard for me to deal with, especially due to the fact of how sudden it was and just when I thought everything was going well. I never in a million years thought this would happen. I still want her in my life. She hasn't replied to any of my messages but I was thinking of sending her a txt message, something along the lines of "I’m sorry you felt the need to cut me out. I just wanted to let you know that if you ever need a friend to talk to, I'm here for you." I don't know if it's a good idea or not, to be honest I don't expect a reply from her.

Ghost235

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2015, 03:28:49 pm »

Ok, I've got some good news and bad news.  Take both with a grain of salt.

The bad news, this is going to suck for a bit.  

The good news, this is ONLY going to suck for a bit.  Meaning it won't suck forever.  It may feel like forever but part of how the human brain works is that it resets to a set level.  Seriously.  Look it up.

With that said, if your brain is slower than you'd prefer to get back to that set point, ESPECIALLY if you are considering self harm, please please consider it a medical emergency and seek help immediately.

Hieronymus

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2015, 08:22:21 pm »
Quote from: Ghost235;175136
The bad news, this is going to suck for a bit.  

The good news, this is ONLY going to suck for a bit.  

Well said.
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
- da Vinci

NewForest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2015, 05:03:24 pm »
Quote from: Fallron;175097
I did indeed invest a lot in her and she was my first love which makes it extremely hard for me to deal with, especially due to the fact of how sudden it was and just when I thought everything was going well. I never in a million years thought this would happen. I still want her in my life. She hasn't replied to any of my messages but I was thinking of sending her a txt message, something along the lines of "I’m sorry you felt the need to cut me out. I just wanted to let you know that if you ever need a friend to talk to, I'm here for you." I don't know if it's a good idea or not, to be honest I don't expect a reply from her.

I really apologize if I sound too harsh, but I don't think you should open yourself up to additional heartbreak by giving her the option to randomly show back up in your life.

Obviously I cannot know what's going on in her head, but... most of the time people deserve better than to be abandoned suddenly. If she doesn't respect you enough to at least say, "I'm sorry, we can't speak anymore" it seems like she isn't deserving of your unconditional support.

Again, though, I don't know either of you, so I apologize if I'm misinterpreting!

Demophon

• Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2015, 05:44:56 pm »

Sorry that you are feeling this way right now. Love stings, but it passes. It ever seems like it at the time, but there are plenty of fish in the sea, and someone else will come along who might be better suited for you. It's a cliché because it's true.

Tags: