Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 08:57:21 am]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:06:51 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Author Topic: DIV EX - Divination Exchange Project  (Read 43586 times)

Tana

• Staff
    • View Profile
DIV EX - Divination Exchange Project
« on: July 04, 2011, 02:26:29 pm »
(This is a re-post from the original thread in 2009 - posted by Waldfrau)

The Divination exchange project

This is meant as a learning project for diviners who are either inexperienced at all with reading for others or are looking for refinement of their skills, want to try out new system or do experiments. If you're looking for free divination you're welcome, but please note that you are acting as a guinea pig for the diviners and they'll need your honest feedback to refine their skills.

Directions for diviners

Be welcome to try out any divining system or method. It would be nice if you could introduce yourself and your work. These questions might help:

- sorts of divination you do (scrying? cards? which cards?)
- maybe specific methods (You do only the celtic cross? You don't do love questions, etc...?)
- your experiences (You're experienced in a specific system? You're a beginner, just wanting to experiment? You're trying out a new system?)
- your current shedule (Busy work life, need several days to answer, you'll just drop in when you have time etc...)

You'll find your guinea pigs in the threads called 'DivEx'. There you can look for the right opportunity to prove and refine your skills.

I'd consider it fair play if you'd honestly express points you're unsure of or request additional information or help. No need to play the prophet, we're all here to learn! In return they give you feedback about the acurateness of your divination and thus help you to improve yourself.  

So you'd want to follow the thread after you've done your divination and maybe remind your 'guinea pig' to give you feedback, ask him/her what happened about the situations you discussed in your divination. Those threads might also be a place to discuss different divinations from different diviners. Why got diviner A so different results with runes than diviner B with cards? Why was reading C inaccurate in a specific aspect? You have an idea for reader D to improve a specific method? This should help everyone to learn.

Directions for Seekers (guinea pigs)

If you're new here, you best state your request by posting your own 'DivEx'-thread. The form is like this:

'DivEx - [name of the seeker]'. Posting icon is the lamp.

You can either post a specific question and wish or just a general request. The diviners might ask you for more details if they need them. The time of response might vary. Some people can't divine everyday. Some people might find your question outside what they can do yet, so it could take a bit till you get some answers. If there's a lot of activity and you feel you've been forgotten, you may also post in the organizing thread and provide a link to your DivEx-thread, but this is better only an exception.

If you've already posted a DivEx-thread , you can post any new request in your already existing DivEx-thread. If you have after a time of waiting the impression you're request gets overlooked because none of the current readers is following your thread anymore you could additionally post a link to your thread into the organizing thread.

For any divination done it's good for the diviner to get honest feedback from you, especially after some time has passed and you can tell how accurate the divination was.

Purpose of this thread (organizing thread)

- general questions about the project
- general discussion of the project (problems, new ideas, organization)
- introduction of new diviners
- announcements of diviners (like will be on holiday for three weeks)

Any questions? I hope I didn't forget anything.
\'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation.
That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance.
You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long.
All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.\'
Terry Pratchett \'Lords and Ladies\'

Confuzzled and proud. :p

spoOk

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: DIV EX - Divination Exchange Project
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 04:57:56 pm »
Quote from: Tana;757
(This is a re-post from the original thread in 2009 - posted by Waldfrau)

This is meant as a learning project for diviners who are either inexperienced at all with reading for others or are looking for refinement of their skills, want to try out new system or do experiments. If you're looking for free divination you're welcome, but please note that you are acting as a guinea pig for the diviners and they'll need your honest feedback to refine their skills.

Directions for diviners

Be welcome to try out any divining system or method. It would be nice if you could introduce yourself and your work. These questions might help:

- maybe specific methods (You do only the celtic cross? You don't do love questions, etc...?)
- your experiences (You're experienced in a specific system? You're a beginner, just wanting to experiment? You're trying out a new system?)
- your current shedule (Busy work life, need several days to answer, you'll just drop in when you have time etc...)

You'll find your guinea pigs in the threads called 'DivEx'. There you can look for the right opportunity to prove and refine your skills.

I'd consider it fair play if you'd honestly express points you're unsure of or request additional information or help. No need to play the prophet, we're all here to learn! In return they give you feedback about the acurateness of your divination and thus help you to improve yourself.  

So you'd want to follow the thread after you've done your divination and maybe remind your 'guinea pig' to give you feedback, ask him/her what happened about the situations you discussed in your divination. Those threads might also be a place to discuss different divinations from different diviners. Why got diviner A so different results with runes than diviner B with cards? Why was reading C inaccurate in a specific aspect? You have an idea for reader D to improve a specific method? This should help everyone to learn.

Directions for Seekers (guinea pigs)

If you're new here, you best state your request by posting your own 'DivEx'-thread. The form is like this:

'DivEx - [name of the seeker]'. Posting icon is the lamp.

You can either post a specific question and wish or just a general request. The diviners might ask you for more details if they need them. The time of response might vary. Some people can't divine everyday. Some people might find your question outside what they can do yet, so it could take a bit till you get some answers. If there's a lot of activity and you feel you've been forgotten, you may also post in the organizing thread and provide a link to your DivEx-thread, but this is better only an exception.

If you've already posted a DivEx-thread , you can post any new request in your already existing DivEx-thread. If you have after a time of waiting the impression you're request gets overlooked because none of the current readers is following your thread anymore you could additionally post a link to your thread into the organizing thread.

For any divination done it's good for the diviner to get honest feedback from you, especially after some time has passed and you can tell how accurate the divination was.

Purpose of this thread (organizing thread)

- general questions about the project
- general discussion of the project (problems, new ideas, organization)
- introduction of new diviners
- announcements of diviners (like will be on holiday for three weeks)

Any questions? I hope I didn't forget anything.

I'm interested in helping with this,but typically I have the seeker shuffle my deck themselves,how does this all work over the intarwebs?
Ize bel zafen.
Ize bel daleen.

Waldhexe

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Druidry
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 04:14:08 am »

I was a bit lazy for a while, but I'd like to be more active again. I'm still no expert on divination so everyone would have to take my readings with a barrel of salt, but I'd like to improve my skills if anyone wants to play guinea pig. :)

Waldhexe

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 04:17:46 am »
Quote from: spoOk;31749
I'm interested in helping with this,but typically I have the seeker shuffle my deck themselves,how does this all work over the intarwebs?

Maybe you could ask the seeker to lay out her/his own deck and you do the interpretation? You'd have to agree on a deck though.

I try to connect to the web seeker by printing her/his avatar and laying it down on the table or I lay the cards while online in front of the monitor with the request visible.

IceAngie

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she, her, hers
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 04:03:13 pm »
Quote from: Waldhexe;31799
I was a bit lazy for a while, but I'd like to be more active again. I'm still no expert on divination so everyone would have to take my readings with a barrel of salt, but I'd like to improve my skills if anyone wants to play guinea pig. :)

Me too. I've started a DivEx thread with some questions that haven't been answered yet, but I'm willing to read too. I hope I can be of use. :)
Angeles/IceAngie/Selegna.

Tana

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 05:13:17 pm »
Quote from: IceAngie;31856
Me too. I've started a DivEx thread with some questions that haven't been answered yet, but I'm willing to read too. I hope I can be of use. :)

Just push the thread up again.
There is not always someone around who does readings, or is not up to doing them. :)
You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long.

IceAngie

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she, her, hers
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 07:23:26 pm »
Quote from: Tana;31872
Just push the thread up again.
There is not always someone around who does readings, or is not up to doing them. :)

Yes, that's why I didn't want to insist, but I'll bump it soon. ^^
Angeles/IceAngie/Selegna.

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2011, 08:21:35 pm »
Quote from: IceAngie;31907

I bumped it for you.

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Waldhexe

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, 01:10:30 pm »
Quote from: IceAngie;31907

I looked into it, but readings about relationships isn't my forte and I rather leave it to someone else.

AlisonLeighLilly

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://alisonleighlilly.com/
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2012, 02:43:22 pm »

Any questions?

I have one! I've been studying astrology (and particularly the psychological approach to astrology) for a while now, and I'd like begin doing natal chart analysis for people as a way to practice and receive feedback on my interpretations. I notice, though, that most of the DIV EX threads are one-time questions from people with the assumption that the reader/diviner will be using some variation of tarot or runes, etc. I don't know if someone asking advice about how to find a new apartment, f'ex, is really looking for a full-blown natal chart analysis! (Plus, most of the seekers don't share their birth date/time and place info in their requests, and there might be privacy issues surrounding that.)

Do you think it'd be all right for me to post a kind of reverse-DIV EX thread, in which I ask for volunteers willing to let me do a natal chart analysis for them? Or is there some other easy way to do this that won't disrupt the DIV EX system that you already have working?

--Ali

Tana

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2012, 03:02:41 pm »
Quote from: AlisonLeighLilly;37513

Do you think it'd be all right for me to post a kind of reverse-DIV EX thread, in which I ask for volunteers willing to let me do a natal chart analysis for them? Or is there some other easy way to do this that won't disrupt the DIV EX system that you already have working?

Of course, why not. :)
As far as I see it the DIV Ex works both ways. It was always intended to be both, a forum for people seeking readings and for readers seeking guinea pigs. ;)

I'd just post a thread with a conclusive topic line.
So folks can ask about a natal chart and you and the person in question can work out the details.

I guess most of the actual conversation would take place in PM or email anyway, due to privacy and the exhaustive information an astrological reading represents.

Just fire ahead! :)

Stardancer

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2012, 05:43:41 pm »
Quote from: Tana;37520
As far as I see it the DIV Ex works both ways. It was always intended to be both, a forum for people seeking readings and for readers seeking guinea pigs. ;)

So folks can ask about a natal chart and you and the person in question can work out the details.

I guess most of the actual conversation would take place in PM or email anyway, due to privacy and the exhaustive information an astrological reading represents.

I'd love to back you up on this. I guess free div-ex natal charts will never be as exhaustive as in-person anyway, so if more people work on it, we can help each other find the details.

But that would only be if the chart is done in public, so the person asking would have to specify public (wider range of opinions) or private (deeper and more personal). Or a bit of both. Just throwing my mind out here. :)
My (mainly) astrological blog
http://sidselh.livejournal.com/ Last update 25. oct \'11

AlisonLeighLilly

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://alisonleighlilly.com/
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2012, 06:54:14 pm »
Quote from: Tana;37520

Quote from: Stardancer;37537
I'd love to back you up on this. I guess free div-ex natal charts will never be as exhaustive as in-person anyway, so if more people work on it, we can help each other find the details.

But that would only be if the chart is done in public, so the person asking would have to specify public (wider range of opinions) or private (deeper and more personal). Or a bit of both. Just throwing my mind out here. :)

Cool! I'll just do that then! ::goes off to do that::

stitchinwith

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2012, 08:45:40 pm »
Quote from: spoOk;31749

Hi, I'm a newbie to this, and any other site, but I've been able to do "remote" readings, just be concentrating on the questioner while shuffling the deck (5-10 minutes) and then when I feel a connection, I then focus on the question and do a simple 3 card lay.  This usually gives a fairly accurate reading.  

The cards never lie - its just the interpretation which can go array.

I've had my cards for over 40 years - a gift from my gifted grandmother.  It was she who helped me channel all the outside, external energies to a safe place and only allow their re-emergence when I started to shuffle the Tarot.

I have never read a book on Tarot, or any other fortune-telling practises.  My grandmother just asked me to hold a card and tell her my thoughts and feelings.  And that's how I still do it.

I hope this helps you in your efforts

Good fortune

Faemon

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2012, 07:25:38 pm »
It would be nice if you could introduce yourself and your work. These questions might help:

- your current schedule (Busy work life, need several days to answer, you'll just drop in when you have time etc...)

I might be a little late... Hello, everyone. I'm a tarot reader. I've been studying the system for about a decade, now, along with a host of other divination systems that I just didn't click with as well as I did with the tarot. The first thing I mention when I read is what I'm getting intuitively-- if I'm getting nothing, then I'll fall back on textbook denotations, elemental dignities, and modern systemic tweaks (soul and shadow numerology for the major arcana, for example-- I like that!) I like to understand as much as I can about a situation before reading, so a situation that must be explained through a lot of jargon like health, legal, or finance matters will totally lose me (although, on the level of ableism, conflict, and concerns over resources... I like to think that I know enough about those.)

I also interpret dreams, but mostly on the pop psychology level than the divination level.

I'll just drop in whenever. I've noticed that I find a question that I feel like I totally could read for, it's detailed in something that I feel I know a lot about, and targeted in a way that my favorite spreads can totally answer... but, I don't know. The moon could be wrong for it. My cards start to feel like pretty cardboard (which they are, but they feel like it,) or individual cards feel to me as if they refuse to volunteer themselves for being laid out in a spread. It's nothing personal.

My cards occasionally answer a question that wasn't asked. I try to get them in line, but...
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 07:28:12 pm by Faemon »
The Codex of Poesy: wishcraft, faelatry, alchemy, and other slight misspellings.
the Otherfaith: Chromatic Genderbending Faery Monarchs of Technology. DeviantArt

Tags: