Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: DIV EX - Divination Exchange Project  (Read 43560 times)

Tom

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://serpentinetom.wordpress.com
Re: DIV EX - Divination Exchange Project
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2014, 08:10:41 pm »
Quote from: Tana;757
(This is a re-post from the original thread in 2009 - posted by Waldfrau)

The Divination exchange project

This is meant as a learning project for diviners who are either inexperienced at all with reading for others or are looking for refinement of their skills, want to try out new system or do experiments. If you're looking for free divination you're welcome, but please note that you are acting as a guinea pig for the diviners and they'll need your honest feedback to refine their skills.

I do divination with tarot and runes both. The decks I seem to be using the most as of late seem to be the Halloween tarot deck, Shadowscapes and Steampunk. Rune wise, I have sets for both the Elder Futhark and the Anglo-Saxon Futhorc. In the future, I might do some more experimental kinds of divination, but right now I'll stick to these two.

I've mostly just dabbled in doing divination though I want to do it a lot more and get better. I also want to get used to reading more for other people, especially since I seem to be unable to read for myself for the time being. I tend to do one card draws, three card readings and the celtic cross layout, but I want to experiment with my own layouts as well. So you might end up getting one of those if I feel inspired.

I'm not too sure of my schedule, but I'll drop in when I have the time to do it.

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2014, 11:59:02 pm »

Be welcome to try out any divining system or method. It would be nice if you could introduce yourself and your work. These questions might help:

- sorts of divination you do (scrying? cards? which cards?)
- maybe specific methods (You do only the celtic cross? You don't do love questions, etc...?)
- your experiences (You're experienced in a specific system? You're a beginner, just wanting to experiment? You're trying out a new system?)
- your current shedule (Busy work life, need several days to answer, you'll just drop in when you have time etc...)

Well, hello! I realised I never did sign up for this, and I'm looking to get back into more regular practice so here I am.

Divination method: Tarot. I own lots of decks, but my go-tos are Rider-Waite, Thoth, or Vertigo. Others available upon request or if I get bored.

Specifics: Often I start with a Celtic cross spread in order to get a grasp on the situation, then I just free-pull cards for specifics. I do however know other situation-specific spreads as well.

Experiences: Seventeen years. Typing that made me feel old.

Schedule: I'm usually online in the evenings (PST), although work is a bit hellish right now so I'll probably only drop in when I can. When I do drop in, however, I'll try and get your reading to you ASAP.

Monstera deliciosa

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2014, 06:18:53 pm »
- maybe specific methods (You do only the celtic cross? You don't do love questions, etc...?)
- your experiences (You're experienced in a specific system? You're a beginner, just wanting to experiment? You're trying out a new system?)
- your current shedule (Busy work life, need several days to answer, you'll just drop in when you have time etc...)

1. I read Tarot, using the Robin Wood, Shadowscapes, Circle of Life, or Steampunk decks.

2. I pick from a book of spreads, or create a situational spread, depending on the question. Generally my spreads resemble matrices, and reflect the effects the various factors in the question have on one another. I generally read cards bearing both the traditional meaning and the situational/intuitive meaning in mind, but the intuitive is usually the one I go with if there is any conflict between the two interpretations.

3. I have been reading Tarot for myself and my friends for about 7 years. I've also helped teach intuitive Tarot classes with one of my friends. I don't have any illusions about being a Tarot expert, and I'm certainly not a professional reader or a natural adept. I still have plenty to learn, and probably always will. I'm interested in getting more practice at reading for people I don't know and who aren't physically close by. I've done readings via IM before, which were fun, but this would be one step even further removed, and a good challenge.

4. My current schedule is crazysauce, so I will drop in as I am able. If, for some reason, you want a reading from me specifically instead of from the dozens of other awesome and eminently-qualified folks on this board, please PM me and I will look into it.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 06:19:32 pm by Monstera deliciosa »

Redfaery

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2014, 12:46:15 am »

I think I'd like to sign up for this!

I use Tarot mostly, but also an Oracle deck. I also use Runes, but if someone wants a rune reading, they should be advised that I'm working with Loki on it. Also, I'm still just a beginner with everything.

I'm on....anytime? Midday is best for readings though. I'll also probably ask a few questions to figure out what significator to use in a Tarot reading.
KARMA: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Unusual_Expressions

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2014, 07:40:21 pm »
Quote from: Redfaery;150985
I think I'd like to sign up for this!

I use Tarot mostly, but also an Oracle deck. I also use Runes, but if someone wants a rune reading, they should be advised that I'm working with Loki on it. Also, I'm still just a beginner with everything.

I'm on....anytime? Midday is best for readings though. I'll also probably ask a few questions to figure out what significator to use in a Tarot reading.

Type of divination: Tarot cards. :D

I personally use the Faery Wicca Tarot deck that I bought years ago from Borders. I normally read without the four extra Faery cards that it came with because the book did not really come with good explanations for them.
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/faery-wicca/

I have also recently acquired a copy of the Cat’s Eye Tarot deck, which is absolutely beautiful to look at but I haven’t used it yet.
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/cats-eye/

Specific Method: I will generally use spreads that contain 7 or less cards. I usually do a past, present, future reading that only utilizes 3 cards.

My experiences: I have had my Faery Wicca deck for years but I don’t use it regularly so I consider myself a beginner. I have read for several close friends but I normally just read for myself.

- My current Schedule: I’m not very busy right now overall. I am in the process of buying a house though so my busyness level could change abruptly, but I try to visit TC at least once a week so if you ask me for a reading it shouldn’t take me too long to get back to you.

Alice

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2014, 05:03:01 pm »

This is meant as a learning project for diviners who are either inexperienced at all with reading for others or are looking for refinement of their skills, want to try out new system or do experiments. If you're looking for free divination you're welcome, but please note that you are acting as a guinea pig for the diviners and they'll need your honest feedback to refine their skills.

Directions for diviners

Be welcome to try out any divining system or method. It would be nice if you could introduce yourself and your work. These questions might help:

I'll keep things brief:)
Sorts of divination: Tarot. I'm cheap so I only own one deck, the Cats Eye Tarot.
Experience: I'm a relative beginner, looking to practice reading for strangers.
Schedule: It varies throughout the week, but I am free nightly.

Komachi

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2014, 08:26:20 pm »

Hi everybody. I'll leave my information here if anyone wants to contact me.

I've been studying divination for about 10 years. It's been a while since I've practiced, though, and I'd like to get back into the flow of things. I wouldn't consider myself "experienced," but I trust my intuition and I can easily use a few different methods:

Tarot: I have the Thoth, Ukiyoe, Shadowscapes, and Deviant Moon decks. I have the Rider Waite but I hate hate hate the artwork on that one. You can request a deck, or I'll choose whichever one feels right. I tend to make my own spreads, but you are more than welcome to request one you know.

Geomancy: This is one of my favorite methods, but it is more time consuming and may take longer to interpret.

Scrying: I only do this in conjunction with other methods, if I feel I need the extra input. I use crystals, mirrors, candles, or incense.

Bibliomancy: I've never actually done this for another person, but I find my strongest connection to the divine is in books. I don't necessarily use the Bible, just whichever one calls out to me.

My schedule is pretty open, but I need privacy to get readings done, so it's really dependent on that. I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible. Plus, I may have to ask you a few questions to get grounded in the reading.
"His innermost destiny drives him on to the spirit and to God. His innermost longing draws him back to nature, the mother."  
Hermann Hesse, Steppenwolf

Lune

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2014, 09:19:55 am »
I can't believe I didn't go here right away. I just went ahead and offered a reading without filling this out. This project sounds like a lot of fun and a great learning experience. I want to get some practice in, so feel free to ask any questions you might have.

- sorts of divination you do: I use the Lenormand system and I'm practicing others but I'm not confident to use them for anyone yet.
- maybe specific methods: I can do 3,5,7,9 readings which are read in pairs, or I can do the grand tableau which answers multiple questions in one spread.
- your experiences: I'd say I'm intermediate. The cards work well for me but I'm still learning and expanding upon the basics.
- your current shedule: I'm an intern at a social work service center and go to school on fridays. My days are pretty bussy but I'll let you know if I take more than two days. If it's a burning question I don't want to hold you up, feel free to go to another diviner in that case.

Blessed be ^.^
Looking forward to reading for all of you!

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2014, 10:32:47 am »
Quote from: Lune;158596
I can't believe I didn't go here right away. I just went ahead and offered a reading without filling this out. This project sounds like a lot of fun and a great learning experience. I want to get some practice in, so feel free to ask any questions you might have.

- sorts of divination you do: I use the Lenormand system and I'm practicing others but I'm not confident to use them for anyone yet.
- maybe specific methods: I can do 3,5,7,9 readings which are read in pairs, or I can do the grand tableau which answers multiple questions in one spread.
- your experiences: I'd say I'm intermediate. The cards work well for me but I'm still learning and expanding upon the basics.
- your current shedule: I'm an intern at a social work service center and go to school on fridays. My days are pretty bussy but I'll let you know if I take more than two days. If it's a burning question I don't want to hold you up, feel free to go to another diviner in that case.

Blessed be ^.^
Looking forward to reading for all of you!

A Reminder:
Hi Lune,

Just a quick note:  Please remember to quote, even if you're just  replying to the first message in the thread.  It makes the discussion  easier to follow, and it's required by  our  rules. (If you're using tapatalk on a phone, please hold your finger down on the message you wish to reply to until the quote function pops up.)

This isn't a formal warning, just a reminder.  No  reply is necessary, but if you have questions or need clarification,  please feel free to contact a member of staff privately.

Thanks!

veggiewolf, TC Staff
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Narcolepticwitch

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2015, 05:29:47 pm »
Quote from: veggiewolf;158605
A Reminder:
Hi Lune,

Just a quick note:  Please remember to quote, even if you're just  replying to the first message in the thread.  It makes the discussion  easier to follow, and it's required by  our  rules. (If you're using tapatalk on a phone, please hold your finger down on the message you wish to reply to until the quote function pops up.)

This isn't a formal warning, just a reminder.  No  reply is necessary, but if you have questions or need clarification,  please feel free to contact a member of staff privately.

Thanks!

veggiewolf, TC Staff

Type of divination: tarot and oracle
Decks: the riders tarot deck, and power animal oracle card deck by Steven d farmer
Experience:beginner
Schedule:right now I'm free weekly and am on daily till August 19 which is when school starts for me.

Kyndyl

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2015, 04:45:52 pm »

You'll find your guinea pigs in the threads called 'DivEx'. There you can look for the right opportunity to prove and refine your skills.

I'd consider it fair play if you'd honestly express points you're unsure of or request additional information or help. No need to play the prophet, we're all here to learn! In return they give you feedback about the acurateness of your divination and thus help you to improve yourself.  

So you'd want to follow the thread after you've done your divination and maybe remind your 'guinea pig' to give you feedback, ask him/her what happened about the situations you discussed in your divination. Those threads might also be a place to discuss different divinations from different diviners. Why got diviner A so different results with runes than diviner B with cards? Why was reading C inaccurate in a specific aspect? You have an idea for reader D to improve a specific method? This should help everyone to learn.

pretty sure I registered here before offering my skills. now that i've gotten more training and come back to the boards.. wanted to offer an updated list:
Divination: Tarot- using shadowscapes primarily and other decks if it feels right (I have animals divine, shapeshifters deck as back ups

Runes: Anglo-Saxon

I've been reading tarot on and off for several years. I've been working with the anglo-saxon runes for about 3 years constantly.

My schedule is pretty stable. I do daily readings for myself so if someone contact me I can usually reply within 24-48 hours.
thank you

jsquared

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2015, 05:39:33 pm »

Directions for diviners

You'll find your guinea pigs in the threads called 'DivEx'. There you can look for the right opportunity to prove and refine your skills.

I'd consider it fair play if you'd honestly express points you're unsure of or request additional information or help. No need to play the prophet, we're all here to learn! In return they give you feedback about the acurateness of your divination and thus help you to improve yourself.  

So you'd want to follow the thread after you've done your divination and maybe remind your 'guinea pig' to give you feedback, ask him/her what happened about the situations you discussed in your divination. Those threads might also be a place to discuss different divinations from different diviners. Why got diviner A so different results with runes than diviner B with cards? Why was reading C inaccurate in a specific aspect? You have an idea for reader D to improve a specific method? This should help everyone to learn.

I'm a beginner with a Rider-Waite-Smith tarot deck that I picked up when I was a wee fluffy Wiccish-type at a Barnes and Noble about a decade ago. I've picked it back up and have been doing regular readings for myself for the last couple of months and would like to try to branch out with other people. So looking for true guinea pigs.

I'm on the last month and a half of a medical leave of absence from my doctorate program, so lots of free time now. Probably very little free time when I go back in January.

Eastling

• Sr. Master Member
  • Love and be free.
    • View Profile
    • Mystermercury
  • Religion: Modern Dionysian hero cultus and heretical Judaism
  • Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2017, 05:40:13 pm »
Directions for diviners

This is an old thread, but it's relevant to me now. I'm trying to boost my divination skills so I can maybe eventually offer readings and other divination work for a small fee. For now, I need practice--and testimonials from people I've read for. So I'm offering my abilities here in exchange for feedback.

TAROT
I use several different methods myself, but for other people I'm most comfortable reading Tarot. I have multiple decks; my main ones are the Yoshitaka Amano deck, the Tarot of the Magical Forest, and the Tarot of the Silicon Dawn. I also own a basic Rider-Waite deck. I do various spreads--either ones I've made up myself, or ones from a book I picked up some months ago. I like to offer several options based on what the question I'm diving for is.

I'm not totally practiced with Tarot yet, as there are still some cards I need to look up and refresh my memory on (mostly minor arcana), but I've done several readings over the past few years that seemed to work out pretty well. When it comes to reading for people online, I like to make the reading as interactive as possible by asking what deck I should use and what music I should play while shuffling and drawing (music is very important to my practice); I also ask for the querent's help in deciding how to cut the deck.

OTHER METHODS
I also sometimes cast runes from a clay set I made myself; I don't do this for myself, but I'm fine with doing it for other people. I'm a little rusty and often need to look up specific runes, though.

I read novelty dice as well, especially Story Dice, if you want something more abstract and less traditional.

SPECIAL PROJECTS
I am considering polishing my skills in putting together special coded divination programs for individuals using languages easily available online (Twine is one I'm trying to work with at the moment). This would be randomized quotes, song lyrics, etc with appropriate flavor text. I'm not offering these on a regular basis, because they're a fair amount of work and I haven't figured out how to do them reliably yet, but if you have a particular urge for something more technological and modern and are willing to work with me fairly extensively, I could give it a shot. (Bonus if you know of code tricks that could help me put this together.)

SCHEDULE
I'm generally available whenever, since I'm not employed at the moment, but I am busy putting together a move, so I may be a bit erratic in responding.
"The peacock can show its whole tail at once, but I can only tell you a story."
--JAMES ALAN GARDNER

TheGreenWizard

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2018, 11:39:42 am »
Directions for diviners[/I]

• Type of Divination: Tarot with the Da Vinci Enigma Deck
  • Methods: Primarily use Painter's 4 Seasons, and Light & Shadow. I also do the Vitruvian Man Spread. You can read more about this spread and the deck here
  • Experience: I've been doing Tarot on and off for a total of 4 years. I'll classify myself as an advanced beginner
  • Schedule: I'm a school teacher, so I have weekends off. I do ask that you give me time to answer your request.
“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”
― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go

Tags: