Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: I've always had strange feelings...  (Read 4315 times)

selena_11

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
I've always had strange feelings...
« on: May 09, 2015, 08:41:45 pm »
For as long as I can remember, I have always been able to see and hear things that others don't notice.  My family has always felt this was a great gift of mine, but I was so terrified by what I was seeing and have mostly shut it out.  Things I've seen include ghosts (when I was a toddler, the two brothers that lived in our house previous to us and died close together used to tease me by hiding around corners and jumping out at me) and other things I can't explain.  I still see them when I have my guard down. Such as seeing what I think is my husband looking at me around a corner only to learn he's not even in the house when I go to follow him to ask him a question. There have also been the odd time in my life that I see black dogs that aren't actually there (I have come to think this has something to do with Hecate since I talk to her frequently).

I am about to turn 30 and I feel like a big change is about to come into my life. I can't figure out what it is going to be, but I saw a black dog in my house again the other night.  I am trying to get over my fear so that I can actually work with these glimpses of people/dogs and learn from them why they are hanging around.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can do this? I am currently reading some articles/books on meditation and astral projection and I sometimes try tarot/rune readings to try and make sense of what I'm seeing. But I'd like to get past my terror in hopes that I can start seeing the figures fully again like I did when I was young.  Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for any advice! :)

Faemon

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: I've always had strange feelings...
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 10:22:03 pm »
Quote from: selena_11;174838
I am trying to get over my fear so that I can actually work with these glimpses of people/dogs and learn from them why they are hanging around.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can do this? I am currently reading some articles/books on meditation and astral projection and I sometimes try tarot/rune readings to try and make sense of what I'm seeing. But I'd like to get past my terror in hopes that I can start seeing the figures fully again like I did when I was young.  Any thoughts?

My experience was to go through the terror first until I get used to whatever I'm terrified of. By the time I didn't consciously need a comforting otherworldly figure anymore, one appeared…because the otherworldly denizens are literally a very backward peoples!

I've done astral projection as in out-of-body experiences where terrors and comforts both randomly appear, but the astral projection in the sense of scheduled/guided daydreaming was actually a lot more helpful because 1.) it gave me more control, and 2.) did not, I believe, shut out liminal influence just because I had more control. I recommend trusting yourself about what you're translating (from spiritual experience) in your mind versus what you're contriving. You'll feel the difference.

So, if you can imagine a happy place, and just sit there and wait for something to happen, or somebody to come over, then eventually it'll happen. My happy place was an imaginary library. One day it was infested by a horde of zombies, that did not have Dewey decimal numbers and therefore did not belong there and I didn't want them there, that I later told my therapist about. The advice that came with that was to try to talk to them…after all, it was something imaginary-even-if-it-might-not-have-been so it couldn't technically cause me harm, but it was scary and worthwhile to confront. Another time, it was Odin barging in when I didn't expect Him and was not any sort of Heathen, but sure fine will roll with it.

If you're interested in the black dogs, and have seen them before, then you can make yourself see them in your mind's eye and these dogs will probably answer by being (metaphysically) there…or something will feed the black dog thoughtform with meaning that could be interesting to consider. You don't have to believe it, because maybe more experience will refine your sense of doggedness, but that can be considered and further explored.

I hope this helps!
The Codex of Poesy: wishcraft, faelatry, alchemy, and other slight misspellings.
the Otherfaith: Chromatic Genderbending Faery Monarchs of Technology. DeviantArt

Allaya

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Idio-syncretic
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 07:43:10 am »
For as long as I can remember, I have always been able to see and hear things that others don't notice.  My family has always felt this was a great gift of mine, but I was so terrified by what I was seeing and have mostly shut it out.  Things I've seen include ghosts (when I was a toddler, the two brothers that lived in our house previous to us and died close together used to tease me by hiding around corners and jumping out at me) and other things I can't explain.  I still see them when I have my guard down. Such as seeing what I think is my husband looking at me around a corner only to learn he's not even in the house when I go to follow him to ask him a question. There have also been the odd time in my life that I see black dogs that aren't actually there (I have come to think this has something to do with Hecate since I talk to her frequently).

I am about to turn 30 and I feel like a big change is about to come into my life. I can't figure out what it is going to be, but I saw a black dog in my house again the other night.  I am trying to get over my fear so that I can actually work with these glimpses of people/dogs and learn from them why they are hanging around.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can do this? I am currently reading some articles/books on meditation and astral projection and I sometimes try tarot/rune readings to try and make sense of what I'm seeing. But I'd like to get past my terror in hopes that I can start seeing the figures fully again like I did when I was young.  Any thoughts?

In your place, I would start with the dogs since they are somewhat less complicated in their needs and motivations than people.

Were it me seeing black dogs in the house, assuming they did not appear to be menacing, I would reframe my thoughts about their presence into them being guests and perhaps put out something nice for them such as a small toy or token amount of food. If fear were an issue, I would probably do this on the outside of the house so as to maintain some personal space for myself.
Service is the rent we pay for the privilege of living on this earth.  — Shirley Chisholm
No doubt the truth can be unpleasant, but I am not sure that unpleasantness is the same as the truth.  — Roger Ebert
It is difficult to get a person to understand something when their livelihood depends upon them not understanding it. — Upton Sinclair (adapted)
People cannot be reasoned out of an opinion that they have not reasoned themselves into. — Fisher Ames (adapted)

selena_11

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 12:30:47 pm »
Quote from: Faemon;174843
I've done astral projection as in out-of-body experiences where terrors and comforts both randomly appear, but the astral projection in the sense of scheduled/guided daydreaming was actually a lot more helpful because 1.) it gave me more control, and 2.) did not, I believe, shut out liminal influence just because I had more control. I recommend trusting yourself about what you're translating (from spiritual experience) in your mind versus what you're contriving. You'll feel the difference.

So, if you can imagine a happy place, and just sit there and wait for something to happen, or somebody to come over, then eventually it'll happen. My happy place was an imaginary library. One day it was infested by a horde of zombies, that did not have Dewey decimal numbers and therefore did not belong there and I didn't want them there, that I later told my therapist about. The advice that came with that was to try to talk to them…after all, it was something imaginary-even-if-it-might-not-have-been so it couldn't technically cause me harm, but it was scary and worthwhile to confront. Another time, it was Odin barging in when I didn't expect Him and was not any sort of Heathen, but sure fine will roll with it.

If you're interested in the black dogs, and have seen them before, then you can make yourself see them in your mind's eye and these dogs will probably answer by being (metaphysically) there…or something will feed the black dog thoughtform with meaning that could be interesting to consider. You don't have to believe it, because maybe more experience will refine your sense of doggedness, but that can be considered and further explored.

I hope this helps!

Thanks for the suggestion.  I will give it a try!

selena_11

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2015, 12:32:37 pm »
Quote from: Allaya;174849
In your place, I would start with the dogs since they are somewhat less complicated in their needs and motivations than people.

Were it me seeing black dogs in the house, assuming they did not appear to be menacing, I would reframe my thoughts about their presence into them being guests and perhaps put out something nice for them such as a small toy or token amount of food. If fear were an issue, I would probably do this on the outside of the house so as to maintain some personal space for myself.

Placing something outside might be a good idea... I have a dog, so she would eat anything if left. :) I have never seen the dogs inside before. The other night was the first time I have ever seen them come indoors.  Usually I would glimpse them in the shadows while walking outside at night.  They have never appeared to be menacing, more just curious than anything...

Jake57

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 01:24:23 pm »
Quote from: selena_11;174854
Placing something outside might be a good idea... I have a dog, so she would eat anything if left. :) I have never seen the dogs inside before. The other night was the first time I have ever seen them come indoors.  Usually I would glimpse them in the shadows while walking outside at night.  They have never appeared to be menacing, more just curious than anything...

I often dream about dogs, and to me they represent unconditional love.  I don't get that impression with what you are saying, but I want to say, what do they mean to you?  What is something that you formerly considered "outside" that now seems to be coming "inside?"  Your house is an extension of yourself, so try and see if you can make any connections that way.

selena_11

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2015, 02:02:08 am »
Quote from: Jake57;174967
I often dream about dogs, and to me they represent unconditional love.  I don't get that impression with what you are saying, but I want to say, what do they mean to you?  What is something that you formerly considered "outside" that now seems to be coming "inside?"  Your house is an extension of yourself, so try and see if you can make any connections that way.

See this has been something following me for as long as I can remember. And it's always out of the corner of my eye. These shadows I see move quickly by my door or around a corner or a brief glimpse of the shape of a head. But that's all I see. If I see them, I get chills down my spine, if I follow their direction, I become very cold, if I try to talk to them, the chills spread all over my body. So I don't know what to think. Sometimes if I walk near a window, I suddenly feel like someone is watching me and the chills come back. But when I was little, I also saw faces in my window. And I tried the Ouija board many times (likely too young to be on them really...) and there was always a male entity on there. He would always say he's watching over me and will keep me safe because he loves me. When I was 20, I had an empath decide she was curious about my story and asked me over, and she said I have a love triangle surrounding me. And then the wind started becoming violent (we were outdoors) and she said she could sense "he" was angry that she was interfering in things that weren't her business. So I can't decide what to feel, which is likely why the fear is my instant reaction...

journeyintoinsanity

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2015, 12:32:49 pm »

What helps me is having psychic shields and wards up to protect myself from anything potentially harmful. That way, I know that whomever is here is a friend. I won't go into what I specifically do, unless you're interested in trying it.

KrvZk

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2016, 04:50:35 am »

When I was four years old, I went to bed early one night and when my dad turned off the light I said what's that. Dad said there was nothing there. There were faint beings, seemed to be beyond the ceiling. I started to get scared. One of them, one of the biggest ones noticed me all of a sudden and looked like a face outline but the outline was kinda thick like beige-ish nonlight almost mudlike consistency.

Then the rest of them noticed me. The ones closest to the mean looking one started making that awful grimace at me. I jumped out of bed and got to the living room. My dad and sister were eating strawberries and I suddenly didn't want those creatures to attack them.

Dad thought I just wasn't tired anymore. I told him there's some scary creatures staring at me from the ceiling. I didn't expect him to believe me. He was busy with the strawberries and mom was making dinner so they wouldn't come to find out if they could see them or I was hoping they'd run off if my parents were there. I didn't want my baby sister to go in there cause I thought they'd come closer quicker so I left her with dad.

I decided to go lay down and if they were there hoped I could ignore them. The scariest one started making vicious faces again. A lot of the other ones got scarier and started coming closer. When the main one lookerd like it was on this side of the ceiling I finally got an idea to talk to it. I said "What?". It stopped and all the others retreated a small amount. I asked it why it was doing that. Its face smoothed out then started to look like it was scared.

The others got scared and went off into the distance and the main one turned and left too. There were a few others left but they were the ones that weren't trying to scare me. I realized I was not afraid at all now and was really confused why they got scared of me. I went to tell dad the good news, that I scared them off. He was barely paying attention but I knew he couldn't understand the full extent of the situation.

Moral of the story is, I was scared they were going to hurt, kill, or eat me. When I finally talked to it, I guess it didn't expect that. They got scared of me and ran away maybe cause they didn't know if I was going to hurt them. When I got back to bed later only a few of the nice ones were lingering near my peripheral and it seemed like all the others were long gone in the distance or hiding behind me so I couldn't see them and get them.

When my fear became curiosity, their scariness faded quickly into fear. As I went to sleep that night I kinda felt like I'd be missing out on some interesting conversation or interaction since they wouldn't let me see them anymore. Since then I only get rare glimpses.

One night about a year ago, I took my one year old daughter to get ready for bed. I saw two different streaks of non-shadow type of something dart away from my range of vision. That instant my baby looked at me from doing a doubletake in both those directions and started screaming. Her face looked like she had more fear in her body than anyone should ever experience.

I stood up and started telling her they can't reach her. I told her they're not allowed to get near her again. She calmed down a little bit, almost went back to frantic mode so I told her to push them away, they're not allowed to be near her since they're being scary. She seemed to understand. The three tear drops on her cheek were the only things left from her terror ane she relaxed.

About ten minutes later when her mom opened the bedroom door she got ready to freak out again but didn't when she saw who it was. So after you scare them off, it's kinda hard to get them to bother you anymore. If you get any fear at all, it makes you think you should be scared of them. Then they get scarier until you decide to try and communicate.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 06:26:24 am by Morag »

Tags: