collapse

Author Topic: Keeping your word with the gods  (Read 4396 times)

Mountain Cat

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Keeping your word with the gods
« on: May 05, 2015, 08:00:40 pm »
The short background:

I had a god (it feels odd to type that) reach out to me three times. Once as a child, once about seven years back and once last year. As a child I didn't get it, seven years ago I tried recon and I couldn't make it work for me. Last year I sort of said, "Okay, but give me some time to sort out my issues, first?" And that was what I've been doing for the past year: really hard scholarly and spiritual work on several levels.

Close to now:

A set of very odd events happened at the beginning of this year. I went through seven weeks of daily torment. (This is going to sound so trivial) Ever had one of THOSE days? I had seven weeks of them and by the time they (miraculously) ended I was nearly suicidal and just wrecked, physically, spiritually and emotionally. Then I woke up one day and Everything Was Different. I changed, transformed really, everything, in a way that I never thought possible. I didn't even realize that I was doing it until it had been going on for a while. It wasn't even intentional, it was almost as if I was acting by instinct. Or accident.

Now:

As this transformation was going on I stopped one day and said, "Okay. I'm ready. I can do this now," to the god that had called me so many times. And I felt it was the right thing. I was finally in the right place to move forward. I had done my prerequisite work and now I could start the real work and study. So I started to move towards that. Then, surprisingly, I got the weirdest sensation/contact. He said said, "Good. You want this. Now prove it. We come together. Work with him first." But this new god is one I am frightened of. Which says a bit, since I'm also pretty terrified of the original one. I feel like he's sort of thrown a curve ball so to speak. I was expecting one thing and got another and I really don't know what to do. I gave my word. I might have dismissed the whole thing had I known about both gods to begin with. They're too dangerous, too frightening for me. I need stability, not upheaval, which is what I went through at the beginning of the year. Thing is, I think that torment was this second god's way of contacting me. And that is really frightening.

So, I'll keep my word, by I don't know how to proceed. Has anyone gone through something like this where a god changes the terms of the arrangement? I'm very confused. I don't know how to move forward. I could really use some advice.

Faemon

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Keeping your word with the gods
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 08:44:44 pm »
Quote from: Mountain Cat;174643
I was expecting one thing and got another and I really don't know what to do. I gave my word. I might have dismissed the whole thing had I known about both gods to begin with. They're too dangerous, too frightening for me. I need stability, not upheaval, which is what I went through at the beginning of the year. Thing is, I think that torment was this second god's way of contacting me. And that is really frightening.

So, I'll keep my word, by I don't know how to proceed. Has anyone gone through something like this where a god changes the terms of the arrangement? I'm very confused. I don't know how to move forward. I could really use some advice.

If this new one is Loki, that is so typical of (my headcanon of) Him. Manannan mac Lir of all people seems to have been the one to reassign me to ol' Flame Hair...I think...or Loki pirated me from the Tuatha. I still don't know what happened, I don't speak Divine Mystery that fluently. Anyway, I'd just roll with it. I mean, I did (roll with it, that is) because part of me reasoned that the thing about the world, whether or not the gods are around to help a person parse it, is that the world will sort of happen to people anyway.

But if it's stability you need, then you do what you can: say that wasn't what you understood when you gave your word, and if That is involved you are noping out there (you've a right to: this is your life) and further torment will result in the opposite of your dedication. If you can't trust this thing that's looming, then...don't, because you probably shouldn't.
The Codex of Poesy: wishcraft, faelatry, alchemy, and other slight misspellings.
the Otherfaith: Chromatic Genderbending Faery Monarchs of Technology. DeviantArt

Mountain Cat

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 11:16:34 pm »
Quote from: Faemon;174648
If this new one is Loki, that is so typical of (my headcanon of) Him. Manannan mac Lir of all people seems to have been the one to reassign me to ol' Flame Hair...I think...or Loki pirated me from the Tuatha. I still don't know what happened, I don't speak Divine Mystery that fluently. Anyway, I'd just roll with it. I mean, I did (roll with it, that is) because part of me reasoned that the thing about the world, whether or not the gods are around to help a person parse it, is that the world will sort of happen to people anyway.

Yeah, it's Loki. And the more I think about it, the more I realize that he was always there, too. Not in the obvious, overt way that Odin was, but in a subtle way. Behind the scenes.

But if it's stability you need, then you do what you can: say that wasn't what you understood when you gave your word, and if That is involved you are noping out there (you've a right to: this is your life) and further torment will result in the opposite of your dedication. If you can't trust this thing that's looming, then...don't, because you probably shouldn't.

The thing is, if I had been paying attention, if I had been smarter (or something) I would have known that Loki had been there prior to giving my word. There was no deception on their side of the deal. Well, no dishonesty.

I think what has me worried is, if this is how it's going to be, how can I handle things? I don't understand gaming people at this level. I'm mildly autistic and have ADHD among other things. He brought me to my breaking point in seven weeks. And I'm signing up for more? It took me most of my life to accept one, and now there's two? It's very weird.

How do others deal with the tricksy sort?  Just baffled. Do they keep their word? Mess with you? Hurt you or your family members? Over the course of those seven weeks I was cut, scraped, burned and bruised. I fell on the ice in a way that if I had been one inch in another direction I might not be typing this right now. And that was all a small but significant part of it. I felt cursed. Tormented. I don't know what I'm getting into, I suppose.

Juniperberry

• Grand Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 02:22:14 am »
Quote from: Mountain Cat;174658
Yeah, it's Loki. And the more I think about it, the more I realize that he was always there, too. Not in the obvious, overt way that Odin was, but in a subtle way. Behind the scenes.

The thing is, if I had been paying attention, if I had been smarter (or something) I would have known that Loki had been there prior to giving my word. There was no deception on their side of the deal. Well, no dishonesty.

I think what has me worried is, if this is how it's going to be, how can I handle things? I don't understand gaming people at this level. I'm mildly autistic and have ADHD among other things. He brought me to my breaking point in seven weeks. And I'm signing up for:stop: more? It took me most of my life to accept one, and now there's two? It's very weird.

How do others deal with the tricksy sort?  Just baffled. Do they keep their word? Mess with you? Hurt you or your family members? Over the course of those seven weeks I was cut, scraped, burned and bruised. I fell on the ice in a way that if I had been one inch in another direction I might not be typing this right now. And that was all a small but significant part of it. I felt cursed. Tormented. I don't know what I'm getting into, I suppose.

I went through something very similar in Nov 2013 -Feb 2014. And even since its still an ongoing thing. You transformed. You changed. Things will always be different.  You *have* to work with that, whether you want to or not, I guess. It isn't a bargain.

Trickster isn't really a term that feels right for the situation. Its too playful? Its an ordeal. I'm heathen so Loki is in my mythology, and I think there's a real power there that's less mischevious fun and more "god fucking damn I'm tied to a rock and poison is eating through my skull kill me now".  And then we kind of look back at all these little butterfly wing choices we made to figure out how we found ourselves where we are.

Its sort of like in (almost every) movies where a person is going about their day to day and then one day something starts to change and their life falls into utter chaos and they're going nuts and friends are worried and in the end they've changed. They grew up, they found their strength, they left the shit behind. They had their Walter Mitty moment. Its a huge part of life. There's a saying that we aren't humans having spiritual experiences but spirits having human experiences. And that's what it is. Being and becoming human.

That's how I define Loki. I don't think you should run from it, or be afraid of it. It really does make you stronger and better and wiser. I mean, its happening either way. Its intense though.  Good luck!
The pace of progress in artificial intelligence (I’m not referring to narrow AI) is incredibly fast. [...] The risk of something seriously dangerous happening is in the five year timeframe. 10 years at most.--Elon Musk

I am in the camp that is concerned about super intelligence," [Bill] Gates wrote. "First the machines will do a lot of jobs for us and not be super intelligent. That should be positive if we manage it well. A few decades after that though the intelligence is strong enough to be a concern. I agree with Elon Musk and some others on this and don\'t understand why some people are not concerned."

dragonfaerie

• Master Member
  • Priestess of Caffeina
    • View Profile
    • Soylent Purple
  • Religion: Wicca & Druidry
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 03:05:47 pm »
Quote from: Mountain Cat;174658

I think what has me worried is, if this is how it's going to be, how can I handle things? I don't understand gaming people at this level. I'm mildly autistic and have ADHD among other things. He brought me to my breaking point in seven weeks. And I'm signing up for more? It took me most of my life to accept one, and now there's two? It's very weird.

Loki randomly moved into my life a fewv years ago and proceeded to just fuck my shit up in a way that was long overdue. I also work with Irish gods and am developing a relationship with Manannan, so I thought that was an interesting coincidence here.

Tricksters can be fun, but more often than not they are the epitome of tough love. I needed my ass blasted out of the rut I was in, and Loki accomplished that. He also reminds me not to be too serious, to look for ways to subvert the dominant paradigm, to not be too trusting, to look for the end game... I could go on.

Chaos teaches us the lessons we don't v want, but so desperately need. Ride it.

Karen

Laveth

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 03:39:38 pm »
Quote from: dragonfaerie;174691
Loki randomly moved into my life a fewv years ago and proceeded to just fuck my shit up in a way that was long overdue. I also work with Irish gods and am developing a relationship with Manannan, so I thought that was an interesting coincidence here.

Tricksters can be fun, but more often than not they are the epitome of tough love. I needed my ass blasted out of the rut I was in, and Loki accomplished that. He also reminds me not to be too serious, to look for ways to subvert the dominant paradigm, to not be too trusting, to look for the end game... I could go on.

This is kind of my take on it too (disclaimer: I have never worked with Loki or any Norse Gods). But generally when that kind of presence takes a direct interest in you, maybe there's something there that you need to embrace and work with to bring you to a healthier and more whole place.

There's one deity I work with who isn't considered a trickster, but sure is defined as dangerous on all accounts. And while she is fierce and blunt, I've learned so much from her.

Mountain Cat

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2015, 05:27:37 pm »
Quote from: Juniperberry;174666
I went through something very similar in Nov 2013 -Feb 2014. And even since its still an ongoing thing. You transformed. You changed. Things will always be different.  You *have* to work with that, whether you want to or not, I guess. It isn't a bargain.

Trickster isn't really a term that feels right for the situation. Its too playful? Its an ordeal. I'm heathen so Loki is in my mythology, and I think there's a real power there that's less mischevious fun and more "god fucking damn I'm tied to a rock and poison is eating through my skull kill me now".  And then we kind of look back at all these little butterfly wing choices we made to figure out how we found ourselves where we are.

Its sort of like in (almost every) movies where a person is going about their day to day and then one day something starts to change and their life falls into utter chaos and they're going nuts and friends are worried and in the end they've changed. They grew up, they found their strength, they left the shit behind. They had their Walter Mitty moment. Its a huge part of life. There's a saying that we aren't humans having spiritual experiences but spirits having human experiences. And that's what it is. Being and becoming human.

That's how I define Loki. I don't think you should run from it, or be afraid of it. It really does make you stronger and better and wiser. I mean, its happening either way. Its intense though.  Good luck!

Thank you for that explanation!

I've been experiencing a lot of apprehension and worry over this. He seems like a difficult god to follow (work with? worship? propitiate?) and I've been acting like a silly little kid about it. As if one god wasn't enough, now there's two and I just started freaking out.

I've not spent a lot of time thinking about Loki, so I have a lot of catching up to do. A lot to read and study, to begin with. It's nice to get a helpful perspective to start with, because, yeah, trickster does seem like too light of a term. I would wonder why a god like Loki, as you describe him, would ever want anyone's life to change for the better? I can understand the chaos, the torment, but I can't  decide if it should lead to a better life or way of being or if the outcome would be necessarily random. I mean, like i mentioned earlier, can gods kill your family members and give you cancer as part of an "act of change" or doesn't it work that way?

Anyways, thanks. I have a lot to learn and re-learn. Several years back when I was trying to explore recon from a Norse perspective I got the impression that Loki wasn't looked upon in a very kindly manner, so I didn't spend much time focusing on him. Mostly it was a learning experience that was incomplete because I left when I couldn't make it work for me. Now I've got to refocus everything again. :)

Mountain Cat

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2015, 05:35:48 pm »
Quote from: dragonfaerie;174691

I keep wondering why gods move into people's lives. It seems so strange to me. Interesting, though! I never went looking for this. I mean, who looks for gods as a little child when you are being raised by atheists? But the Otherworld has always been there for me, and Otherbeings, too. So, maybe some people are just... that way?

Karen

Yeah, I was in a hell of a rut, too. I was sort of fading away to nothing, doing nothing, accomplishing nothing. I guess he seems like an appropriate god for the situation. But a frightening one, that's for certain.

Mountain Cat

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2015, 05:47:19 pm »
Quote from: Laveth;174694
This is kind of my take on it too (disclaimer: I have never worked with Loki or any Norse Gods). But generally when that kind of presence takes a direct interest in you, maybe there's something there that you need to embrace and work with to bring you to a healthier and more whole place.

There's one deity I work with who isn't considered a trickster, but sure is defined as dangerous on all accounts. And while she is fierce and blunt, I've learned so much from her.

See, this is another area where I am rather confused. What do people mean when they say they "work with" gods? I've never been certain what people do, or why, or how. I like how you say that you've learned so much from the deity you work with. Even if she is fierce and blunt. That's really interesting.

I tried for so long to be an atheist, because all my family is, but it has never worked. The thing is, I've never tried to understand how people relate to gods or other beings. Just because other stuff was there, didn't mean I had to do anything about it. I could just acknowledge existences and then shove it all aside and ignore it. Then I finally chose to do something about it and I don't know what to do!

It's becoming obvious to me that I have to do something active in my life to change things. As opposed to passively, which was what happened after the torment time. (I made it sound so trivial when I re-read what I wrote but it was so horrific, I just can't find a way to describe it.)  So keeping my word, rather than just seeing if everything fades away or moves on is probably a good active step. :)

Juniperberry

• Grand Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2015, 06:23:37 pm »
Quote from: Mountain Cat;174702
Thank you for that explanation!

I've been experiencing a lot of apprehension and worry over this. He seems like a difficult god to follow (work with? worship? propitiate?) and I've been acting like a silly little kid about it. As if one god wasn't enough, now there's two and I just started freaking out.

Your worry is totally understandable. For myself, my signature sums it up for me in that I think Loki also gives the test before the lesson (maybe all gods do). The hardest part may be over for you, and if life does get  chaotic again, you will probably recognize it right away and have more tools to deal with it. Maybe now it's time to work with what rose from the ashes?

I've not spent a lot of time thinking about Loki, so I have a lot of catching up to do. A lot to read and study, to begin with. It's nice to get a helpful perspective to start with, because, yeah, trickster does seem like too light of a term. I would wonder why a god like Loki, as you describe him, would ever want anyone's life to change for the better? I can understand the chaos, the torment, but I can't  decide if it should lead to a better life or way of being or if the outcome would be necessarily random. I mean, like i mentioned earlier, can gods kill your family members and give you cancer as part of an "act of change" or doesn't it work that way?

Honestly, I think in Loki's case it just is. Not that there isn't some deeply significant purpose and spiritual meaning behind it, buried in layers, but I also think, because of the very nature of it, that you'll just drive yourself crazy trying to figure out why and what that is. And why and what isn't the important part so much as how you come out of it. So, no, I don't think anyone will get cancer or be harmed in any way at a god's whim like that because of you, and I don't think it always guarantees that you will be  stronger and wiser, but that even within this thing there is a choice (for everyone), and an experience, and room to evolve. And again, the thing just is by it's own mysterious nature and reasons. Thats part of what makes it so chaotic.

Anyways, thanks. I have a lot to learn and re-learn. Several years back when I was trying to explore recon from a Norse perspective I got the impression that Loki wasn't looked upon in a very kindly manner, so I didn't spend much time focusing on him. Mostly it was a learning experience that was incomplete because I left when I couldn't make it work for me. Now I've got to refocus everything again. :)

For me, my relationship with Loki is summed up as: don't go looking for Trouble, because Trouble will find you. I think Trouble has its place, and it can transform us in amazing ways, and can be a necessary thing, but I'm not going to go courting it, either. And that doesn't mean there isn't a relationship there, but that that is the relationship. I've heard a lot of recons say they avoid Lokeans and don't honor Loki, and the way I understood that to mean was pretty shallow. Now I know for me that it means I'm not going to spend much time with those who are looking for trouble (which isn't always a Lokean, and not all Lokeans look for trouble!), but that I do have a very deep respect for the power of Trouble and ignoring it just makes things worse sometimes.
The pace of progress in artificial intelligence (I’m not referring to narrow AI) is incredibly fast. [...] The risk of something seriously dangerous happening is in the five year timeframe. 10 years at most.--Elon Musk

I am in the camp that is concerned about super intelligence," [Bill] Gates wrote. "First the machines will do a lot of jobs for us and not be super intelligent. That should be positive if we manage it well. A few decades after that though the intelligence is strong enough to be a concern. I agree with Elon Musk and some others on this and don\'t understand why some people are not concerned."

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2015, 07:24:46 pm »
Quote from: Mountain Cat;174705
See, this is another area where I am rather confused. What do people mean when they say they "work with" gods? I've never been certain what people do, or why, or how. I like how you say that you've learned so much from the deity you work with. Even if she is fierce and blunt. That's really interesting.

On this part, I'm glad to try and help.

Pretty much, think of it the same way you might say you 'worked with' a human being - a general term encompassing a wide range of interactions.

You might work with another person at a job, on a volunteer activity, for a personal project. It might be something that lasts for an hour or two, or for years. It might be something that's very pragmatic - let's get this this thing done - or much more emotionally intimate. Sometimes it's several of those things at different points in your interactions.

The same thing is true of interactions with deities. A lot of people (myself included) use the term because there isn't another handy one that has a range of things. With a deity, it might include prayer or formal (or informal) ritual, it might include meditation, it might include divination, it might include being attentive to signs, symbols, or other things like that. It might include doing specific tasks in the world that are related to that deity (either directly or in directly.)

And because ongoing relationships - with people, and with deities - are complicated, that's a lot to spell out every time. Hence 'worked with'.

It's also a phrase that works well for people who do things like formal ritual and people who don't, or people whose relationship with a given deity is more service and less 'worship and honour' even though those things may also be part of what they do. In my own case, I work with M'lady (and on her behalf) a lot of the time, but I do formal ritual worship or honouring activities much less frequently.

It's becoming obvious to me that I have to do something active in my life to change things. As opposed to passively, which was what happened after the torment time. (I made it sound so trivial when I re-read what I wrote but it was so horrific, I just can't find a way to describe it.)  So keeping my word, rather than just seeing if everything fades away or moves on is probably a good active step. :)

One of the things that I think is very hard for people trying to figure this deity thing out in a Pagan context is that there's lots of different options. 'In general, though, trying some small things, seeing how they go, and what happens is a good start (short term "I'd like to get to know X deity better" kinds of things, like you'd do with someone who you met where you're not sure what the next step is, you know?
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

Mountain Cat

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2015, 10:56:01 pm »
Quote from: Juniperberry;174707
Your worry is totally understandable. For myself, my signature sums it up for me in that I think Loki also gives the test before the lesson (maybe all gods do). The hardest part may be over for you, and if life does get  chaotic again, you will probably recognize it right away and have more tools to deal with it. Maybe now it's time to work with what rose from the ashes?

That makes a lot of sense, working with what has come about since I've begun this odd change. I think the hard part will be maintaining the change and not letting myself slip back into stagnation, as it were. I'm still rather wary of the idea of being tested in any form. I've never considered myself to be a strong person, trying to be strong enough to withstand tests and chaos and change is a lot to take in.

Honestly, I think in Loki's case it just is. Not that there isn't some deeply significant purpose and spiritual meaning behind it, buried in layers, but I also think, because of the very nature of it, that you'll just drive yourself crazy trying to figure out why and what that is. And why and what isn't the important part so much as how you come out of it. So, no, I don't think anyone will get cancer or be harmed in any way at a god's whim like that because of you, and I don't think it always guarantees that you will be  stronger and wiser, but that even within this thing there is a choice (for everyone), and an experience, and room to evolve. And again, the thing just is by it's own mysterious nature and reasons. Thats part of what makes it so chaotic.

A very nice explanation. It's hard to know how to take things when an experience is so new, when you have nothing to base it on. I tend to over think and don't always end up drawing sensible or logical conclusions. I really rather catastrophise on an epic scale at times.

For me, my relationship with Loki is summed up as: don't go looking for Trouble, because Trouble will find you. I think Trouble has its place, and it can transform us in amazing ways, and can be a necessary thing, but I'm not going to go courting it, either. And that doesn't mean there isn't a relationship there, but that that is the relationship. I've heard a lot of recons say they avoid Lokeans and don't honor Loki, and the way I understood that to mean was pretty shallow. Now I know for me that it means I'm not going to spend much time with those who are looking for trouble (which isn't always a Lokean, and not all Lokeans look for trouble!), but that I do have a very deep respect for the power of Trouble and ignoring it just makes things worse sometimes.

Yeah, Trouble is the last thing I want. It's one of those things that terrifies me. That's one of the reasons it was so difficult and surprising to try to accept the idea of Loki. I think I'm going to have to be very careful and very aware.

Mountain Cat

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2015, 11:12:40 pm »
Quote from: Jenett;174712
On this part, I'm glad to try and help.

Thank you!

Pretty much, think of it the same way you might say you 'worked with' a human being - a general term encompassing a wide range of interactions.

You might work with another person at a job, on a volunteer activity, for a personal project. It might be something that lasts for an hour or two, or for years. It might be something that's very pragmatic - let's get this this thing done - or much more emotionally intimate. Sometimes it's several of those things at different points in your interactions.

The same thing is true of interactions with deities. A lot of people (myself included) use the term because there isn't another handy one that has a range of things. With a deity, it might include prayer or formal (or informal) ritual, it might include meditation, it might include divination, it might include being attentive to signs, symbols, or other things like that. It might include doing specific tasks in the world that are related to that deity (either directly or in directly.)

And because ongoing relationships - with people, and with deities - are complicated, that's a lot to spell out every time. Hence 'worked with'.

It's also a phrase that works well for people who do things like formal ritual and people who don't, or people whose relationship with a given deity is more service and less 'worship and honour' even though those things may also be part of what they do. In my own case, I work with M'lady (and on her behalf) a lot of the time, but I do formal ritual worship or honouring activities much less frequently.

Finally, an explanation of working with deities that I understand. That makes sense and helps me to think of the things I may need to research and sort out before I get too far into things. Very clearly stated. I was so confused about that concept.

One of the things that I think is very hard for people trying to figure this deity thing out in a Pagan context is that there's lots of different options. 'In general, though, trying some small things, seeing how they go, and what happens is a good start (short term "I'd like to get to know X deity better" kinds of things, like you'd do with someone who you met where you're not sure what the next step is, you know?

Yes. Interesting. I will take things slow and work on sorting this out carefully.

Juniperberry

• Grand Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2015, 11:35:19 pm »
Quote from: Mountain Cat;174718
That makes a lot of sense, working with what has come about since I've begun this odd change. I think the hard part will be maintaining the change and not letting myself slip back into stagnation, as it were. I'm still rather wary of the idea of being tested in any form. I've never considered myself to be a strong person, trying to be strong enough to withstand tests and chaos and change is a lot to take in.

A very nice explanation. It's hard to know how to take things when an experience is so new, when you have nothing to base it on. I tend to over think and don't always end up drawing sensible or logical conclusions. I really rather catastrophise on an epic scale at times.

Yeah, Trouble is the last thing I want. It's one of those things that terrifies me. That's one of the reasons it was so difficult and surprising to try to accept the idea of Loki. I think I'm going to have to be very careful and very aware.

My reading comprehension can be shit sometimes so I'm worried we aren't on the same page. I was seeing your 7 week ordeal as already being in the eye of the Loki storm. (I don't know who your second god is, but I think its your roadwork god?) So my posts aren't trying to warn you away from Loki since I thought he was already involved, but to work through what he's brought into your life.

I was also seeing it not as a change in arrangement and needing to keep your word, but your other god realizing you had other stuff on your plate right now that found you.

Sorry for the confusion. :/
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 11:38:19 pm by Juniperberry »

Mountain Cat

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2015, 12:15:05 am »
Quote from: Juniperberry;174720
My reading comprehension can be shit sometimes so I'm worried we aren't on the same page. I was seeing your 7 week ordeal as already being in the eye of the Loki storm. (I don't know who your second god is, but I think its your roadwork god?) So my posts aren't trying to warn you away from Loki since I thought he was already involved, but to work through what he's brought into your life.

I was also seeing it not as a change in arrangement and needing to keep your word, but your other god realizing you had other stuff on your plate right now that found you.

Sorry for the confusion. :/

No, I doubt it's you. It's very likely me. I don't communicate with people very often (plus the autism/adhd) so I get on the wrong track and go off on wrong tangents or misunderstand often. Sorry.

You read it right. The seven week thing was Loki and I didn't get the impression you were warning me away at all. I did get the impression you were counseling that I work through the aftermath. I think I'm going to have to go re-read my reply to you. I can word things very oddly at times and often make little sense. Apologies. :/

The other, original deity is Odin, who also freaks me out and I was just ready to accept a 'call' from him when Loki showed up. So. I was confused and scared and I think I rambled on a lot.

Maybe I just need some chocolate.

Tags: