Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Happy May Day/Beltaine!  (Read 2071 times)

Altair

• Staff
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
    • Songs of the Metamythos
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Happy May Day/Beltaine!
« on: May 01, 2015, 04:53:21 pm »
Poking my head out of my spring songbird migration obsession long enough to wish everybody a happy May Day/Beltaine!
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

Louisvillian

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Syncretic religio romana/Hellenised Romano-British religion
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Re: Happy May Day/Beltaine!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 05:48:51 am »
Quote from: Altair;174493
Poking my head out of my spring songbird migration obsession long enough to wish everybody a happy May Day/Beltaine!

I might be mostly-Hellenistic, but I do celebrate the big four Gaelic festivals, and worship some of my ancestors' gods. I doubt the Greeks and Romans would disapprove of someone honouring their ancestral way, so long as they paid homage to their gods first. :p
Besides, the missus is definitely on the Celtic neopagan side of things, so not celebrating Beltane was out of the question. ;)

cletus90851

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 02:48:20 am »
Quote from: Altair;174493

well as a Hellenic pagan, May 1st is devoted to Maia, which I celebrate by writing a hymn to her, and offering her a libation of honey..  Molly celebrates with the traditional dancing/singing festival portion that only women took part in, in addition to making a similar offering of honey.

May 15th is devoted to both Maia and Hermes. we celebrate it in a similar manner, making offerings to Maia and Hermes together.  For my friend who worships Maia on a daily basis however, both days are even more important.

For those that don't know, Hermes is the son of Zeus and Maia, which is why Maia and Hermes are honored together on may 15th.  

Additionally, the start of spring is a time to honor Demeter and Persephone as well.  Spring is the time Persephone is returned to Demeter, and Demeter brings forth new growth as she is no longer grieving.

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 06:45:59 pm »
Quote from: cletus90851;184960

A Reminder:
Hi, cletus90851,

I notice you've been doing a great deal of posting to older threads. This isn't in itself against the rules, but unless you specifically want to revive the discussion that's already occurred in an old thread, it's usually better to start a new one for the thing you want to discuss. That's especially noticeable in this case, because the thread topic is simply a seasonal greeting, not a discussion of what people do at that time of year.

It's also good to pay attention to the dates in a thread, especially the date of last post made to it and the date of the one you're replying to - very often, in an old thread, many of those who took part in it are no longer on TC, and won't see it if you reply to them.

This isn't a formal warning, just a reminder.  No  reply is necessary, but if you have questions or need clarification,  please feel free to contact a member of staff privately.

Thanks!
Sunflower, TC Forum Staff
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Tags: