Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Prayers for a possible big move  (Read 1423 times)

Kath

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Prayers for a possible big move
« on: April 22, 2015, 11:11:28 pm »
lit candle imageSo I currently live with my parents, and I am going to at least for the near future because of mental health issues I am facing. That is not what this prayer request is for, however.

My father runs the risk of losing his job. He is the sole supporter of my mother and I, and he is faced with two options. First option, he finds a new job. He has already put out applications, but has so far heard nothing back. His second option is to move our family to Missouri (half-way across the country), follow his company which moved there, and retain his current position/benefits.

Such a HUGE move honestly scares me. I'm terrified of change, and I have lived in Washington (in the same town) my entire life. On the other hand, such a move would be an adventure, a fresh start, and possibly a good thing. Maybe.

Another confession, moving to the Bible belt scares me as a Lesbian pagan. I don't know what I would find there for me. I couldn't leave my family, not now at any rate. I just have a lot of anxiety over what adjusting there would be like. Then again, I am just looking into the unknown guessing at what obstacles I would face.

Anyway, I am requesting prayers for family's path. That whatever happens - whether my dad gets another job here or we move to Missouri - that it's what is best for all of us. That we find happiness wherever the future takes us. Thank you!
“There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something. You certainly usually find something,
if you look, but it is not always quite the something you were after.”

- J.R.R. Tolkien

Lana288

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Prayers for a possible big move
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 02:07:59 am »
Quote from: Kath;174236
lit candle imageSo I currently live with my parents, and I am going to at least for the near future because of mental health issues I am facing. That is not what this prayer request is for, however.

My father runs the risk of losing his job. He is the sole supporter of my mother and I, and he is faced with two options. First option, he finds a new job. He has already put out applications, but has so far heard nothing back. His second option is to move our family to Missouri (half-way across the country), follow his company which moved there, and retain his current position/benefits.

Such a HUGE move honestly scares me. I'm terrified of change, and I have lived in Washington (in the same town) my entire life. On the other hand, such a move would be an adventure, a fresh start, and possibly a good thing. Maybe.

Another confession, moving to the Bible belt scares me as a Lesbian pagan. I don't know what I would find there for me. I couldn't leave my family, not now at any rate. I just have a lot of anxiety over what adjusting there would be like. Then again, I am just looking into the unknown guessing at what obstacles I would face.

Anyway, I am requesting prayers for family's path. That whatever happens - whether my dad gets another job here or we move to Missouri - that it's what is best for all of us. That we find happiness wherever the future takes us. Thank you!

I'll send a prayer to Saule for you. I hope that whatever happens, you and your family end up thriving.

Best of luck!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 02:08:20 am by Lana288 »

Kath

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 02:10:57 am »
Quote from: Ian288;174243
I'll send a prayer to Saule for you. I hope that whatever happens, you and your family end up thriving.

Best of luck!

Thank you very much!
“There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something. You certainly usually find something,

- J.R.R. Tolkien

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 08:04:53 am »
lit candle image

Prayers for you and your family.

If you are moving to a rural area, this might be a big issue. In a city like St. Loius it would probably be a much smaller issue. In cities, the Bible Belt mainly manifests as lots of churches per capita and more talk about church than is common elsewhere. In my experience, at least
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 08:05:49 am by RandallS »
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Laveth

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 01:35:23 pm »

Anyway, I am requesting prayers for family's path. That whatever happens - whether my dad gets another job here or we move to Missouri - that it's what is best for all of us. That we find happiness wherever the future takes us. Thank you![/candle]

I'm hoping that you all pass through this with as little anxiety and hurdles possible. At least even if you move, your family will remain the same. :)

Kath

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 04:21:00 pm »
Quote from: RandallS;174246
Prayers for you and your family.

If you are moving to a rural area, this might be a big issue. In a city like St. Loius it would probably be a much smaller issue. In cities, the Bible Belt mainly manifests as lots of churches per capita and more talk about church than is common elsewhere. In my experience, at least

Thank you! Luckily if we moved it would be to a suburb 20 min outside of St. Louis, in St. Louis county. So, not completely rural. But yeah, I've never even been to the mid-west at all, been on the west coast all my life. So there will probably be a bit of culture shock... but hopefully not so much that I feel alien.

- J.R.R. Tolkien

Kath

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2015, 04:21:46 pm »
Quote from: Laveth;174259
I'm hoping that you all pass through this with as little anxiety and hurdles possible. At least even if you move, your family will remain the same. :)

Thank you very much! :)

- J.R.R. Tolkien

Kath

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2015, 04:19:17 pm »
Quote from: Kath;174264
Thank you very much! :)

lit candle imageSituation Update!

So it looks like there is a really good chance we will not be moving. It appears all of the company moving packages have been used up, and although my father still has an application in for a job in Missouri, the chances are slim to none.

Which means we will be staying here. This news fills me with relief, but at the same time I have a lot of leftover anxiety from the ordeal.

My father still needs a new job, and has about 5 applications sent out in this area. So if you couple please continue praying for my family I would truly appreciate it. My dad needs a job before September, and I am praying for a secure one. Thank you!

- J.R.R. Tolkien

ailyah

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
    • https://circleoftheoldreligion.org/
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2015, 09:44:51 pm »
Quote from: Kath;174880
lit candle imageSituation Update!

So it looks like there is a really good chance we will not be moving. It appears all of the company moving packages have been used up, and although my father still has an application in for a job in Missouri, the chances are slim to none.

Which means we will be staying here. This news fills me with relief, but at the same time I have a lot of leftover anxiety from the ordeal.

My father still needs a new job, and has about 5 applications sent out in this area. So if you couple please continue praying for my family I would truly appreciate it. My dad needs a job before September, and I am praying for a secure one. Thank you!

I have done what I can, your father need only continue applying for jobs at this stage and he will receive a response soon.

~Lady Ailyah
High Priestess of the coven Circle of the Old Religion

~Blessed Be~

Tags: