Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: A calling from Hecate? Needing advice  (Read 1143 times)

auroraknight

• View Profile
A calling from Hecate? Needing advice
« on: April 17, 2015, 04:39:40 pm »
Sorry for this long post but I feel like I should start from the beginning. I'm very new to paganism although I have been studying it on and off for several years. Well a few weeks ago I decided now was the time to take the leap... several days ago I ended up having a dream/vision of a black wolf that looked up and snarled at me. I thought this was pretty odd but I didn't feel a sense of aggression, more like it was a wake up call or a warning perhaps. The next day I did some research as to what this could mean but came up empty handed, except for I found a small reference to Hecate and how black dogs/wolves are associated with her.

That night I had another dream/vision, I saw a cloaked female figure standing on the edge of the woods and She said "You" (I instantly knew this must be Her) after that I saw 2 blurred figures that seemed disappointed and were praying, then a lighter with a bright blue tinged crackling flame on top. After this last vision I distinctively heard a voice whisper Hecate.

I wont lie, this was all a bit disconcerting, was even afraid that I was going crazy :cry:

I decided a few days afterwards this that I would say a prayer to Hecate, I cant really remember all I said but I asked if she had a message for me would she make it clearer. I then did some tarot because meditating just wasn't doing for me and I didn't feel any sense of connection there. I pulled 2 of swords, I found this pretty significant because I believe that to be a card of the crossroads (which She is associated with). I took this to mean that She is here in this difficult transition in my life. I then lit a candle in Her honor. Yesterday I did a small prayer to Hecate then pulled a card, this time 3 of cups which I believe holds a lot of significance to Hecate.

Yet again today I did a small prayer of thanks, lit a candle in Her honor, and felt the need to pull a card... 3 of cups. I felt this magnetic pull towards Her,its almost a bit overpowering? And I just am not sure what direction I should take this or if I should even do anything and just let things take a natural progression. I never would've dreamed in a thousand years that any Deity would take a notice of me (if that is indeed what is happening here) and even less so at the very beginning of my journey into paganism, but it seems like a very timely thing as my transition hasn't been easy (lots of Christian unconditioning to do here).

Any words of advice would be greatly appreciated.

Tags: