collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: House Blessing to Keep Negative Energy Away  (Read 2629 times)

Caffeinated Autumn

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
House Blessing to Keep Negative Energy Away
« on: April 07, 2015, 02:07:59 pm »
Hello everyone. I need some advice. My grandma (my mother's mother) passed away on the 29th of March a little over a week ago.

Now, my mother and her did not have a good relationship when my mother was growing up. My grandma was very narcissistic and never really treated my mother well (my mother got married two weeks before she turned 18 and moved to California from Texas if that gives an idea of how bad it was but I digress).

My mother had a dream last night that she hadn't had since she was teenager. Basically my grandma was going to put weights on her knees saying "She needed to do this so her legs would get strong" but instead of the weights my grandma was standing on her knees with a very defiant look. My mother was crying because she said it hurt a lot.

It kind of concerned her so she said she would like me to do a blessing on the house. I plan on using sage incense and walking around the house since this would help clear the energy around the place but I was wondering if there was something I could do more for my mother?

Also, she suggested sprinkling holy water on my grandma's pictures (Mum is catholic by the way). Would this be appropriate? I'm a little worried since she told me my uncle said that my grandma's cats have been meowing at nothing in her house. My uncle told her that it was my grandma the cats were meowing at but whether he was serious or not, I do not know.

Am I overreacting? Any help would be appreciated!

Caffeinated Autumn

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Re: House Blessing to Keep Negative Energy Away
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 03:21:44 pm »
Quote from: Caffeinated Autumn;173826

Update: Something really weird happened a few moments ago. My mother was going through her make-up bag and found her compact mirror broken into pieces. Its usually kept in her night stand with nothing heavy leaning against the mirror in the make-up bag and there is nothing sharp in the bag to do that.

Now the weird thing is that the mirror looked like it was stabbed in the middle with something strong enough to crack it from the middle outwards toward the edge of the mirror. Is this possibly a coincidence or am I just trying to look for something that's not there?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 03:23:27 pm by Caffeinated Autumn »

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 07:59:30 am »
My mother had a dream last night that she hadn't had since she was teenager. Basically my grandma was going to put weights on her knees saying "She needed to do this so her legs would get strong" but instead of the weights my grandma was standing on her knees with a very defiant look. My mother was crying because she said it hurt a lot.

This may simply be part of the grieving process rather than any actual message from your grandmother.

It kind of concerned her so she said she would like me to do a blessing on the house. I plan on using sage incense and walking around the house since this would help clear the energy around the place but I was wondering if there was something I could do more for my mother?

That should definitely help. I would try it and see what effect it has before doping anything more complex.

Also, she suggested sprinkling holy water on my grandma's pictures (Mum is catholic by the way). Would this be appropriate?

I'm not Catholic so I don't know how appropriate it would be "Catholic rules-wise" but I don't see any harm in trying it otherwise.

I'm a little worried since she told me my uncle said that my grandma's cats have been meowing at nothing in her house. My uncle told her that it was my grandma the cats were meowing at but whether he was serious or not, I do not know.

Cats meow at stuff we don't see all the time. However, animals miss their people so this could be as simple as her cats missing her and their routines with her.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 08:00:17 am »
Quote from: Caffeinated Autumn;173828
Is this possibly a coincidence or am I just trying to look for something that's not there?

I suspect this is most likely just a coincidence.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Caffeinated Autumn

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 07:44:14 pm »
Quote from: RandallS;173851
I suspect this is most likely just a coincidence.

Ah, okay. Thank you for your response.

Moonflower

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
    • http://moonflowervine.wordpress.com/
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2015, 12:07:48 pm »
Hello everyone. I need some advice. My grandma (my mother's mother) passed away on the 29th of March a little over a week ago.

Now, my mother and her did not have a good relationship when my mother was growing up. My grandma was very narcissistic and never really treated my mother well (my mother got married two weeks before she turned 18 and moved to California from Texas if that gives an idea of how bad it was but I digress).

Also, she suggested sprinkling holy water on my grandma's pictures (Mum is catholic by the way). Would this be appropriate? I'm a little worried since she told me my uncle said that my grandma's cats have been meowing at nothing in her house. My uncle told her that it was my grandma the cats were meowing at but whether he was serious or not, I do not know.

I'd get some Florida Water or Palo Santo and cleanse the house with either one.

Tags: